How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week but I admit that there are days that the scale will be calling my name so maybe twice or worse 3 times a week at most but I am seriously considering to only weigh myself once every 2 weeks (2x a month) to really know my progress and not just a continues yoyo from weighing myself more often than necessary. I just need the willpower to stay away from my scale.
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday. That way if the previous week was a little rough I can go back and see where I might be able to change things up. This will set my focus for that week, and generally it works.

I personally could not wait a month to weigh in.... especially if it was a bad month.. thats four weeks of not being able to correct and find a problem that may exist.

If you decide to weigh in once per month, make sure you are filling in your food diary DAILY... at least stay on top of your calories, and make sure your eating a good balanced meal.

cheers
    WR
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Every Morning Daily
  • CherylM2015
    CherylM2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every morning - not because I'm obsessed with seeing iF the numbers are going down but because it just mentally keeps me on track. It just kind of keeps me aware. I only "record" my weight once a month or so :)
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watcher's brand scale, and it does NOT fluctuate at all (i.e. for almost 2 weeks i weighed exactly the same down to the ounce!), which I guess was good but I felt like I was on a plateau for a while. Although my clothes slowly fit better and finally it's starting to change on the scale again. But it makes me realize I just need to be patient!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I only do it once a month. Daily or weekly affect me waaaayyyy too much. Hard to deal with the ins and outs of it potentially being water weight, or whatever when I saw the same pound or 2 go up or down. A good solid month will reflect weight loss or weight gain, and makes seeing a good chunk of weight go in a specific driection more accurate, in my opinion.
  • sbond0207
    sbond0207 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself everyday and was just ready to give up because of all of the fluctuations! I waited a week and weighed myself this morning and am much happier with what my scale said! I am going to stick with the weekly weigh-in to ensure I keep myself motivated!! :smile:
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily just so I can keep track of what my body does, but I only record weekly. The 1-2 pound fluctuations don't bother me anymore.
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Every single day.. I'm officially obsessed.

However, I only really keep "track" of the weigh-in on Friday or Saturday of each week...
  • girlygirlnicole
    girlygirlnicole Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not often, im glad my home scales broke. Once i feel my clothing getting more loose i'll maybe more curious to find out but im just aiming to get into the jean size i want without being obsessive which i can be with the scales.
  • franny27
    franny27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I ONLY WEIGH MYSELF ONCE EVERY 3 MONTHS, (IF THAT). I CAN TELL BY MY CLOTHES,PLUS I HATE THE NUMBERS ON THE SCALE,LOL I THINK IF UR HONEST WITH URSELF U KNOW IF UR CHEATING OR NOT BY WHAT UR EATING. REMEMBER NOT 2 BE 2 HARD ON URSELF. GOOD LUCK!!! :)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    This question is asked like everyday. I do it daily. I zigzag diet, so on days where Im on my higher end of calories, my results are pretty dispointing, but my low end, im very very pleased
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, skipping the pre-menstrual week. I gain about 2 lbs of water weight that week, and I'm miserable enough fighting off my urge to eat every carby/chocolatey/salty thing in sight without adding the perception of a 2 lb gain!

I keep meaning to take all my measurements so that I'll have a non-scale way of tracking progress, but I keep forgetting to do it. My clothes fit differently now, so I keep that in mind if the scale seems a little cruel on a particular week.