JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 920 Member
    Hugs to everyone, and extra ones to @MLHC1 and @mytime6630 . Love those wee teddies, they will be very comforting. My mother was given a tiny teddy in the care home, which she kept on her bed. It was the only thing I was bothered about getting back after she died.

@azulvioleta6 sorry for your loss, you have had a hard time.

@TerriRichardson112 I hope your son recovers quickly, and that you and hubby don't succumb.

JFT Tuesday 15th Feb

Stay under maintenance yes, 1345 cals
    Eat some veg yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises no
    Walk yes, but slow
    A positive thought - I really appreciated an early night in my lovely warm bed!

I didn't intend to log yesterday, but I did, and surprised myself that I was in the green without trying too hard. I remembered to weigh myself this morning and was pleased to be 2lbs down. So my somewhat feeble efforts so far have helped, I guess staying under maintenance will eventually lead to a drop in weight!

JFT Wednesday 16th Feb

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Eat some veg
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Some house clearing
    Walk?

Walk has a question mark as we have another named storm on the way, it's already getting very windy. It's not great walking weather, there's this storm, then snow on Friday, then another storm. I worry about my holiday let, I hope it doesn't get damaged again.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    @littleblackskirt We are also battening down for a series of storms, so my outdoor walk is questionable. I guess I will be walking with Leslie! 😂
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2022
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Tuesday JFT 02/15/2022:

✅Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ☑MFP: review, post, and ❌prelog diary➡️ went rogue 🤷‍♀️
    ✅Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ✅AM self-care routine
    ✅AM Kiddo routine
    ✅Errands: Deliver donation pack to church ; Target ; take truck to dealership for diagnostic (something isn't working w/ 4x4 components)
    ❌3_hr study session➡️Traded studying time for a 90 minute therapeutic massage and relaxation 🤗
    ✅Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ☑Home exercises: Yoga and ❌1-BBL DVDs➡️ CX resistance training
    ✅PM Kiddo routine
    ❌GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights arm_day➡️ CX weight training but didn't run bc dealership called back and my truck was ready 🤗
    ✅Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress➡️ enjoyed an Epson salt (magnesium) bath 🤗
    ✅PM self-care routine
    ✅Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

Yesterday I decided, I needed to get this stress under control!! I pretty much canceled several items on my JFT and replaced them with stress relieving tasks, Lol!!! I called it my quest to destress!! 🌷🤗🌷

I am feeling a bit better this morning so I am going to practice patience today; as my word of the day. Hopefully I can go through the motions and control my stress. I am continuing to work on centering myself to bring my world back inline.

@azulvioleta6 I am truly sorry to hear about the loss of your parent and the struggle over the years. I pray that peace and comfort feel your heart as you move forward. Remember you always have JFT as a support system. Give yourself grace, you have a lot going on. Prayers and hugs to you my friend. 🌷🧸🌷

@Bex953172 I am hoping it doesn't come to that, Lol 🤦‍♀️ I think distressing will help but if I have to I'll invest in a mouth guard.

Thank you ALL for the extra hugs, prayers, and positive thoughts!! 🌷🤗🌷

Wednesday JFT 02/16/2022:

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎Household management tasks and budget review
    ▪︎3_hr study session
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights leg_day
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

🌷Reminder for the day: Have patience moving forward.🌷

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Recap - Tuesday 2/15
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - :)
    Stay hydrated - :)
    Cardiologist - :)
    Walk and lunch with daughter - Lunch didn't work out, but we walked for an hour :)
    Catch up on prep - :/ Did the minimum
    Bed by midnight - :)

JFT Wednesday 2/16
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Exercise?
    Make lab appointment
    Quick grocery stop?
    Prep
    Catch up on JFT posts
    Bed by midnight
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 6:15 :smiley:
    - Work by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Protein bar for brunch :smiley:
    - Home by 3:30 :(
    - Nap :(
    - Dentist :smiley:
    - Bible Study :smiley:
    - Peleton at least 30 minutes :(
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Log Food :smiley:
    - Stay Green :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a great Tuesday y'all!

Well I did good on most of my goals, but work got sketchy late in the day so I didn't leave on time so no nap. By the time Bible Study was over, dinner was ready (thanks to awesome hubby). After dinner I was just D-O-N-E, done for the day so no ride. Probably good to rest my foot for a day anyway.

Bad news from the dentist, I have a crack in one of my molars. Apparently the constant jaw clinching is starting to cause my teeth to crack. I catch myself doing it during the day, and I'm sure I do it at night. That and the daily chest pains, I guess my body is making its displeasure known. Perhaps I need to take a page out of @MLHC1 book and take a destress day. Of course, I despise yoga and don't like to be touched so a massage is out. I do like mani/pedi's and I have gift certificates for that so maybe this weekend. Exercise also tends to help and reading my Bible (boy I'm terrible at that these days).

Traveling this evening, because V has an appointment with a geneticist tomorrow morning to see about her hyper-flexibility. I'm not sure what we do for her if she does have this disorder, but I guess its good to know and it would explain her shoulder issues. I decided to take workout clothes, but truth be told we'll probably get there late enough that I'll just crash.

I did have a friend ask if I'd come ride with her on Saturdays on trainers. She does 3 hours every Saturday which can be mind numbingly boring if done solo. I'm likely not up to 3 hours, but I can do half of that and keep her company. Plus it is a semi-social thing that is just for me. Can't do it this weekend , but next looks good. Wish me luck. Honestly, it will just be nice to visit. I've done half marathons with her and a duathlon when she did a tri. I was always the more fit of the two of us, but that has definitely changed. I really appreciate that she reached out to me.

JFT Wednesday

- Up at 6:15 :( Finally crawled out of bed at 7:30
    - Work by 7:00 :( made it by 8:00. Glad I live close
    - Meetings
    - FMEA review/audit
    - Leave work by 3:30
    - Ride
    - Pack
    - Travel to Morgantown
    - Be mindful of eating out
    - Log food
    - stay green
    - Shower
    - Bed by 11:30

Happy Wednesday y'all!

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,505 Member
    JFT for 2/16 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/13), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (None of mint meltaways)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 2/15)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 2/17
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/14) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp.). (last - 2/8)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, none of nut gift today (last 2/13)
    7) Up to 6 dried apricots today (up to 6). (last 2/14) or raisins ok today (last 2/10)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage ok today (last 2/11)
    11) No pumpkin (this is becoming a habit)

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2022
    Lovely to see so many posts. I love the support provided here.

@azulvioleta6 My deepest sympathy to you and your mother. Wonderful, all the time you took for her and your father. I remember you used to dance and preserve food. I wish you well this year. Welcome back!

@MLHC1 Hugs dear friend, hoping you are able to de-stress. I wear retainers (upper & lower) during sleep, ever since I had my (adult) braces removed, to keep my teeth from moving again. Also helps with my teeth grinding, which I never realized until dentist noted effects. Also helps with my TMJ.

@TerriRichardson112 Praying all your tests are negative.

@mytime6630 Your little teddy's are so cute, I'm sure they'll be very appreciated. Praying for your daughter and your whole family.

@littleblackskirt Thank you for your kind words the other day. Hope you (and your let) stay safe from the storms.

@PackerFanInGB Glad the meds are helping your knees. Yes, this year's winter weather has not been kind to mine. It was a frigid 5K but I was properly layered up. Probably not a good idea to walk a quick pace with my winter walking boots, though. I too worry about @HEGoddard0928. Hope she and Matt are ok. I also wonder how @Faebert is doing, she hasn't posted in a while.

Recap T 2/15
    1) PT exercises before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly (limit stairs) :) 6.4K 16 floors 12/14
    3) Net calories <400 red / 96 oz. water :) no evening snacking -211, green sodium yay, fiber, protein & calcium low-ish, 96 oz.
    4) 9:00 EHN update / Facebook Live video / 2:00 webinar / complete webinar summary form / Title 31 F&Ds :smiley: 5/5
    5) Bday wishes to youngest niece / boil eggs / declutter 15 min. / another ta-da? TA-DA (a la @HEGoddard0928) = 4/4
    6) Alternate ice & heat while watching Olympics / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 6:30 alarm (PT exercises before work) = even though I was up later than I wanted :mrgreen: for all my bedtime goals

JFT W 2/16
    1) PT exercises & some hand weights before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly (limit stairs)
    3) Net calories < 300 red / 96 oz. water
    4) Title 31 F&Ds / 1:30 staff meeting (Teams) / email catch-up again
    5) Fill & run dishwasher / wash comforter (Kitty hairball mess lol) / finalize & print tax s/s / declutter 15 min. / prep Thurs lunch / another ta-da?
    6) Alternate ice & heat while watching Olympics / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 6:30 alarm (PT exercises before 8:30 dentist)

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • will register for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    @Bex953172 Right now I'm focusing on Portuguese, though I've played around with some other languages as well. What about you?

I haven't used it for quite some time.
    Ages ago I tried learning some Greek as I went on holiday a fair bit there.
    And I tried a little Spanish. As with most things I give up lol!
  • Bex953172
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    a8bulwax6aqr.jpg
    This is what I have been working on to get rid of all my fleece scraps leftover from when I made chemo hats. I am going to be dropping these off at a childrens hospital .. I have 50 made already! The best therapy

I absolutely love this. When Saskia split her head open she got one of these hospital teddies. But a knitted one x
  • Bex953172
    @azulvioleta6 I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I dread the day I lose one of my parents. Cancer is truly awful. Sending my love.
  • Bex953172
    Hey everyone!

My dad rang me the other day about his health and his kidney has started to decline (he was only born with one) and he's been put on statins for life for high cholesterol.

It's nothing to worry about at the minute but to me it feels like the start of the end. It's basically something that will catch up to him eventually.

He said his kidney function has to be tested every 2 months and then from that they can predict the rate of decline and see when roughly he would need a transplant. Although this could be ages away, it took 20 years for it to start declining. However his one kidney is doing the job of 2.
    He only realised he had one kidney in his 40s. And hes in his 60s now. So by the time he needs one it may be that he's too old to have one anyway?

I'm not overly worried at the minute. Just need to see what these tests predict for future outcome. I'm hoping for a slow rate of decline.

But this is the first time anythings been wrong with my parents.
    I'm sure alot of you have been in the same situation when it's the first instance of bad health and it's like oh god. They're not gonna be here one day.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    @Bex953172 HUGS to you. It's very humbling to first realize our parents wont' be here forever. My dad is in kidney failure also now, for a few years now, due to chemotherapy. But he has remained at Stage 4 all this time and has not had to go for dialysis yet, so that has been really good! I will pray that your dad's decline is very slow also. My dad turned 80 last summer, so hopefully your dad will be 80 and just as strong as my dad still is!

Also, I agree with @mytime6630 about body shaming! I've been trying real hard NOT to body shame. I want to be able to love myself enough to take care of myself, and that has been a really hard thing to do. You have so much going on all the time, I think you are doing great just keeping it all afloat! When my kids were young like yours, I was a hot mess...and I don't mean "hot" in a good way either! HAHAHA! Just coming on here and seeing all the familiar friends who I know we can go to for support is a big GOOD step~! Love you, my little Bex! :mrgreen:
    ====================

@mytime6630 Love your little teddy bears! So cute! I hope your daughter comes with you to the fabric store today. It's real easy to get paranoid and anti-social when we don't ever have to leave the house. Is she still working part time? I am praying for you and your family, my friend.

====================

@cschmitz110515 I have a goal to walk in a 5k this year, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it because of these stupid knees. Have you ever had injections? I have in my right knee (which is bone on bone and hurts the most), I got Euflexxa injections. It's a series of 3...one per week for 3 weeks. It's expensive as heck but insurance covered most of it for me. It did help quite a bit, so that i was able to go grocery shopping without limping out to the car. Might be something to look into? It acts as cartilage between our bones apparently. I need to go back and see if I can get another. It only lasts about 6 months.

Hugs to @littleblackskirt , @TerriRichardson112 and @MLHC1 I hope the storms don't cause any damage, and Covid stays away and that you have a nice uneventful day!
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except my metamusal.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    edited February 2022
    🌱🪴🌱🪴🌱🪴🌱
    🪴🌱FEBRUARY 2022 🌱🪴
    🌱🪴🌱🪴🌱🪴🌱
    Life Affirmations
    🔹WOTY - CONSOLIDATE
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    Personal Stats:
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • Total weight loss: 81.4 lbs
    • (30 Dec 2021: 138.6 - Total Loss: 87 lbs)
    • 3 Jan 2022: 138.9
    8 Jan 2022: 135.8 - TL: 91.2
    8 Feb 2022: 138.7
    [/spoiler]

February Daily Habits:
    Week 1

Tue:👌🏻 Wed:👌🏻 Thu: Fri:
    Sat: Sun: Mon:
    1. Weight < 145: (I weigh each morning after ablutions)
    2. Reduce Fat%: 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 21%
    3. Increase Muscle%: 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.8
    4. Calories in the green:
    5. Steps > 7500:
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily:
    7. Active hours > 6 daily:
    8. 11pm shutdown of devices:
    9. Cleanup sweep ground floor rooms:
    10. make bed > 10 minutes of flex:
    11. Journal/Habit Tracker:
    Recap for Wed 16 Feb:
    • Daily habits tracked👌🏻
    • Meditation👌🏻
    • Weekly Grocery Shopping👌🏻
    • Daily Flex (February Tiny Habit)👌🏻
    • Laundry👌🏻
    • Self Care👌🏻
    • Day 3: Tiny Habits Course👌🏻
    Positive Intentions for Thu 17 Feb:
    • Daily habits tracked
    • Meditation
    • Sort out dining room table
    • Daily Flex (February Tiny Habit)
    • Day 6:Sewing Declutter Challenge
    • Laundry
    • Self Care
    • Day 4: Tiny Habits Course

2nd LFT negative.

I love how supportive you all are. It fair warms my heart.

q5v981h7a53s.jpeg

🦄 Terri
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/16 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/13), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (None of mint meltaways)✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 2/15)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 2/17✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/14) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp.). (last - 2/8)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, none of nut gift today (last 2/13)✔️
    7) Up to 6 dried apricots today (up to 6). (last 2/14) or raisins ok today (last 2/10)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage ok today (last 2/11)✔️
    11) No pumpkin (this is becoming a habit)✔️
    JFT for 2/17 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/13), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (None of mint meltaways)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 2/15)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 2/17
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/16) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Some honey today ok (1-2 Tbsp.). (last - 2/8)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    7) Up to 6 dried apricots today (up to 6). (last 2/14) or raisins ok today (last 2/10)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage ok today (last 2/11)
    11) Pumpkin ok today (trying not to have everyday)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching. Lifts.
    2. Before Class: Check email. Think pink. Update website. MEETING DURING PLAN RE GPB. Print play for CTC.
    3. English classes: Writing reflection. Return to Works Cited; revise hanging indent. Input grammar test grades.
    4. SEL classes: Kindness activity.
    5. Online classes: Reply to emails; enter grades. Sources script. Lunch: read. Review poetry unit.
    6. Planning: Read Other Side; update Goodreads. Duolingo lesson. Visit 3 students. Call 5 caregivers. Log! Input grades. Update paper gradebook. Review Malala and Wes Moore for Likert quotes. UPDATE THE DADGUM BLOG. Finish Week 8 plans.
    7. Afternoon: YMCA.
    8. Evening: Zoom meeting. Dinner: Chicken & biscuits. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Sat livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. S&F script work. Clois. Theater 3/8. Dentist 5/12. Writing group 7P. Yoga at library second Sat each month. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches? Load dishwasher S/T/R eves. YMCA 2/17 Thurs. Friday 2/18 lawyer. Sat 2/19 library volunteering. Sat 2/19 livestream. Sun 2/20 podcast. Wed 2/23 Dems mtg. Fri 2/25 Mars audition. Tue 3/1 Conf.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 200.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. Oct 14 1p. PCP Apr 12 9:15. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Ankle 9:30 2/7.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Mar 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. The next week or so is pretty packed. Yikes!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    JFT - Feb 15
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 🙂
    Exercise - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 👿

JFT - Feb 16
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Exercise
    Gratitude journal
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 920 Member

JFT Wednesday 16th Feb

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, but under maintenance
    Eat some veg just what was in my soup, not good enough
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises no
    Some house clearing 4 bags to charity, 1 for bin
    Walk? no, weather too horrible

JFT Thursday 17th Feb

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Eat veg
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Grocery shopping
    Get petrol for trip to let next week
    Paperwork up to date, emails, banking etc
    Yucky phone calls
  • Bex953172
    edited February 2022
    Hey everyone!
    I'm here, I'm posting goals and ready to smash them today.

Dunno what was up with me the last few days. Best way I could describe it is my brain was just filled with "noise" not actual noise but it's almost feels like a TV on static.
    And i don't really notice it until it's like "cleared". I feel really focused today.

So onto goals!!

JFT - Thursday 17th Feb
    - Log all food
    - 6 waters min.
    - Exercise
    - Take out the recycling and clean kitchen.
    - Do some laundry.

Word of the year: Determination
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2022
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Wednesday JFT 02/16/2022:

✅Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ✅MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ✅Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ✅AM self-care routine
    ✅AM Kiddo routine
    ❌Household management tasks and budget review; ❌3_hr study session➡️ Gave all my time and attention to hubby. IDK what is going on but he needs my attention lately 🤦‍♀️
    ☑Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr➡️ Had lunch out and ran errands with hubby
    ❌Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs➡️ Additional errands w/ hubby
    ✅PM Kiddo routine
    ✅GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights leg_day
    ✅Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ✅PM self-care routine
    ☑Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)➡️10:30 pm

Well, my day was hijacked once again. I'm slightly okay with it only bc we decided to take a little family vacation this weekend. So, yesterday we spent some time preparing for the vacation trip. Other than that, my hubby just wanted to bend my ear, Lol 😅

@cschmitz110515 I have a permanent lower retainer and two dental implants in my upper jaw (so an upper retainer is not really necessary). I did receive an upper retainer but never had it adjusted after my implants. 🤦‍♀️

@pridesabtch A day of self-indulging with mani/pedis, a movie, etc is definitely worth a try to destress. At my first few massages, I was not exactly comfortable with someone else touching me but that goes away. When you begin to look at a massage as a medical treatment it helps. Most therapists take their job and responsibilities seriously. To me it really is worth it bc massage therapist provide a wonderful service to your physical and mental health. Anyways, I'll stop trying to persuade you, Lol!! I hope the rest of your week smoothes out and you find a day or even half a day to yourself. 🤗

Hugs to all my fellow JFTers!!! 🌷🧸🌷

Thursday JFT 02/17/2022:

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_total body - Row machine
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎3_hr study session
    ▪︎Budget Review