[Progress Photo] 5 months into my weight loss journey.

Options
9o8qxsra2ofb.jpg

F28 5'4.5" SW:193.8 lb CW: 165.4 lb GW: 140 lb

Looking at photos of myself from last year, before I began my weight loss journey. I feel so conflicted. Proud of how far I have come, yet embarrassed that I had let things get so bad in the first place.

I am 5 months into my weight loss journey. Down 28.4 lb, just over halfway to my goal weight of 140 lb.

Just wanted to share my progress here. Fill free to join.

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all to be embarrassed about. Many of the people here have been in the same boat, but often struggle to lose the weight. You've made major changes fairly quickly. Celebrate the success rather than feel bad about the past.

Even with just one photo angle, major and obvious differences. Well done.
  • Twentyfore7
    Twentyfore7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's really good. The lbs after that first 20 is the proof that you got this
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Embarrassment over what was is as useless as guilty feelings. But of course, that doesn't help because so many of us harbor them anyways. :/ Please try to feel great, accomplished, dedicated, inspired and motivated by what you've already done. Please try to feel amazed and pleased, hopeful and determined about where you're going. Also when you get there, feel grateful, committed and healthy as you look back on all this and look ahead to healthier more energy-filled days.

Congratulations and good luck!!!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Hey you have made excellent progress so far! There's nothing to be embarrassed about though - you saw there was something you didn't like and took steps to change it. Kudos!
  • EdgeofDesiree
    EdgeofDesiree Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!

No need to thank us. All we did was remind you of the reality that what you did can be hard work and never something to be embarrassed about. :smile: