Winter Blues

Options
Who else is ready for Spring? Ive had no motivation this winter to lose weight and Im tired of feeling icky and tired. Every day I am going to try and at least do 30 minutes of exercise. Already changing my diet and moving more! Feel free to send some positive vibes my way and I will do the same!
Tagged:

Replies

• Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,849 Member
    Options
    Every step taken in the right direction is a step closer to ur goals πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ».. doesn’t matter how small it may be. Even if ur doing a 10 min workout, just start with it and slowly you will build up πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Looking for some motivated ppl myself, feel free to add if you wantπŸ‘πŸ» Rooting for you πŸ™ŒπŸ»
  • FrenchAtlanticGirl
    Options
    I am sooo looking forward to Spring/Summer. I am not very active in winter (I hate the cold yet still live in Canada!) Last week, I had enough. Made myself get off the couch and back onto the treadmill. I’m happy to say I’ve been active 8 days in a row! My first goal is to perform some type of physical activity every single day. Second goal is to run a 5k without walking breaks by May. Feel free to add me. R
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,849 Member
    Options
    I am sooo looking forward to Spring/Summer. I am not very active in winter (I hate the cold yet still live in Canada!) Last week, I had enough. Made myself get off the couch and back onto the treadmill. I’m happy to say I’ve been active 8 days in a row! My first goal is to perform some type of physical activity every single day. Second goal is to run a 5k without walking breaks by May. Feel free to add me. R

Try couch to 5k run programme.. it’s very effective and ppl were able to achieve it in few weeks.πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on the cold and even where I live I always look forward to spring. I personally don't feel that any city with the word "beach" in the name should be allowed to have snow, but we do now and then.

I'm always more active in the warmer months. Inside exercise is just boring to me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,736 Member
    Options
    In general, I don't mind Winter cold as such . . . but I'm an on-water rower by preference, and my river freezes. That, I don't like . . . or the gloom we get much of the Winter here, on top of shorter days. I'm doing OK with exercise this year (alternating stationary bike and rowing machine 6 days a week now, plus some strength training).

The new experiment is one of those "SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)" lights. Jury's still out on whether it's helping, or not: I've only been using it a couple of weeks.

(No, this is not a spam post!)