Are you hitting a plateau???

Options

Replies

• adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options

[/quote I am not saying that my way is the best. I have never said do it my way or get fat.

but you justify the details of your methods with stuff that is incorrect, which i decided to inform people that it was not correct, not that you lost weight doing it your way but your justifications for doing certain things
    dude...shut it. i'm right your wrong.
  • adross3
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/345660-in-the-time-it-took

or is this not to your food standards.....oh ya....your right and I'm wrong. even if I lost 25+ lbs of fat and gained 4.5 lbs of muscle. blah blah blah.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

[/quote I am not saying that my way is the best. I have never said do it my way or get fat.

but you justify the details of your methods with stuff that is incorrect, which i decided to inform people that it was not correct, not that you lost weight doing it your way but your justifications for doing certain things

Wow. You are a total tool, dude.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/345660-in-the-time-it-took

or is this not to your food standards.....oh ya....your right and I'm wrong. even if I lost 25+ lbs of fat and gained 4.5 lbs of muscle. blah blah blah.

ok then we'll end it at this, please reference these things with peer reviewed literature

BMR and BIA are the same thing as you stated in the OP

this entire statement

"Starving yourself in certain points of the day makes your body preserve its fat stores and you get sluggish. Knowing how many cals you burn in a day and what time of the day you go past your BMR's cal burn will enable you to eat to fuel up thru the day. Break your day down into sections before you eat 6X a day. Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner and Snack. This keeps the body burning and never in starvation mode."

this statement

"Don't eat 3,500 cals and you loose 1lb of fat. Eat 3,500 cals and you gain 1lb of fat."

also please back up that meals of identical macronutrient composition but clean vs unclean foods, the clean foods will increase fat loss
  • Laquaya
    Laquaya Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Learned so much from you..and now know why my weight has stalled. Perhaps we can be friends
  • alkion
    Options
    This entire debate isn't really about what you said works or not. It does. The issue is "how you justify it." I think you said "eating 6 times a day speeds up your metabolism." What saddens me is people are usually just puppets believe anything they hear and go by that. Phrases that I don’t like at all “People say _____________” i.e. “People say if you eat x you’ll get y results.” WHO IS “THEY?!?!?!?!” the media??? The media is the most inaccurate BS thing there is in health and nutrition. People tend to lean towards one method or another just because it “sounds good.” I remember when I used to believe “eating 6 times a day speeds up your metabolism.” It was all over webpages, magazines, fitness articles etc.. guess what? It’s complete BS. The logic is SO simple that it’s just stupid people would believe that. As you say your RMR is 2100 calories a day, so if you lay in bed all day and eat 2100 calories a day you would be in homeostasis(not gaining or losing weight). Does it really matter if you eat your calories 6 times a day or once a day if your calories = 2100 calories a day? Makes NO DIFFERENCE at all. Here are the facts:

Fat = 90% absorption rate
    Carbs = 80% absorption rate
    Proteins = 70% absorption rate.

What this means if you eat 1000 calories of carbs 800 calories will go to your body 200 would go to energy(burning calories) for digestion. So it’s like you’re really consuming 800 calories. If you don’t eat 1000 calories at all, you’ll be better off. I rather burn 1000 calories then gaining 800 calories. Eating triggers the parasympathetic nervous system, as I said before, the parasympathetic nervous system slows down the body, making you groggy, and tired. Of course this won’t happen to a great degree if you eat just a little bit, but this doesn’t mean “it doesn’t happen.” What is the mid day crash in work environments? It’s the parasympathic nervous system in action, notice how it happens right after lunch.

Always look to primal human behaviors for answers. You think Neanderthal man would eat constantly? They would eat when food was available and not eat when it wasn’t available. They would go on a hunt(during the day) then eat their kill in the evening. Why you think most social gatherings are around dinner time, that image of people around a camp fire at night having a good meal and having a nice time? It’s because all the association with food in the evening. This association didn’t fall out of the sky. Dinner is a time for social gathering, and eating. Breakfast and lunch aren’t seen that way. As humans developed food became more abundant. You think Neanderthal man would wake up and throw a big steak on the camp fire? Haha no.

I know someone will mention carbohydrates for breakfast. Heart disease started to arise in humans when agriculture was developed. When carbs started to be man made is when heart disease showed it’s face. They didn’t have “bread and pasta’s trees” Once you sway away from what is “natural” you’re putting yourself at risk. I know you have your fear’s of fat we have talked about it before. Another great rumor spread by the media is that cholesterol is bad for us. All hormones run on cholesterol. Anabolic steroids are based around a cholesterol molecule. This can “imply” it helps build muscle mass too. Heart disease is the carbohydrates scaring the arteries, this allows cholesterol to stick to the arteries. If there was no scaring there would be no clogged arteries. Yet for decades we where lead to believe cholesterol is this evil thing, same goes for fat. Where did all this bs come from? Of course the media and word of mouth. There is so much bs in the health and fitness industry, the point is, don’t believe everything you read and pass it as facts. I am not even asking anyone to believe what I am writing. Go do your own “scientific” research, read REAL studies. Not some stupid website. I even see highly inaccurate information from the Head nutritionist at the mayo clinic. Many people are just brain washed.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Wow. You are a total tool, dude.

LMAO I love you hush

OP you have no clue I swear. You posts are so damn annoying.

Nice broscience you have here :p You need to learn something from Acg67 he actually knows what he is talking about.
  • alkion
    Options
    Going to address 3 things here...

[qoute]
    "Starving yourself in certain points of the day makes your body preserve its fat stores and you get sluggish. Knowing how many cals you burn in a day and what time of the day you go past your BMR's cal burn will enable you to eat to fuel up thru the day. Break your day down into sections before you eat 6X a day. Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner and Snack. This keeps the body burning and never in starvation mode."
    [/qoute]

Eating increases insulin, you know what insulin does? If your muscles are full of glycogen it will convert the carbs to fat. Eating keeps your body STORING, not burning.

also please back up that meals of identical macronutrient composition but clean vs unclean foods, the clean foods will increase fat loss.

Just want to verify you're not being sarcastic. You're really saying eating clean food aids in fat loss compared to processed foods?

[this is to everyone else who is reading this]
    There was a study i read today on diet soda. A food that has 0 calories, has been linked to bigger waist lines, and high risk for diabeties. There are more then what we know to this calorie thing. This goes back to the acid thing I talk about I believe. I just read another study right now where a tooth was put in soda for 48 hours it lost 5% of it's mass. This is due to the acid I believe. Soda has a pH of around 2.5. Use common sense to see the link between acid (diet soda 0 calories) and weight gain and risk for diabeties.
  • alkion
    Options
    LMAO I love you hush

OP you have no clue I swear. You posts are so damn annoying.

Nice broscience you have here :p You need to learn something from Acg67 he actually knows what he is talking about.

I am confused, isn't hush and adross boyfriend and girlfriend?
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Antonio, you need a grammar lesson too.
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • adross3
    Options
    bump. Alkion, No she is my mother. It looks like I have two dads. You and the ripped dude.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    This is the process that I have followed for 12 weeks and.....

Date : F% : F lbs : H2O : Muscle : Bone : Weight
    7/4 : ..24.1 : 46.3 : .56.6 : ..70.9 : ...8.1 :.... 191
    8/29 ..13.6 : 24.3 :. 60.5 :.. 73.0 :... 9.6 : ....179.
    9/15 ..11.7 : 20.7 : .62.3 : ..75.1 :... 9.7 : ....177
    (F% -12.4): (Flbs -25.6) : (H2O +5.7) : (Muscle +4.2) : ( Bone +1.6 ) : (Weight -14 lbs)

Please help ... I got lost on page 1! :(

Are you saying that there is a way to work out what your bone density and muscle weights are as part of your overall weight?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    bump. Alkion, No she is my mother. It looks like I have two dads. You and the ripped dude.

Awww I wanna be apart of the mfp family D:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Enough with the name calling already, what's with you, are you in high school or something? You make a post on a public article and make some big claims, but as soon as someone asks you to expain or post where you got the info you get all defensive. Sure some people might like what you post but I'm sure many fall into the category of people which Alkion was describing, those that follow the overhyped media articles because they are desperate for a solution to their problem, so they don't question anything they read or hear and just go with it. Alkion, Acg67 and myself have similar approaches to food and fitness. It appears we all look for scientifically peer reviewed research to support our approach to how we eat. Your claims of "eat 5-6 times a day are bogus, eating at a 500-700kcal deficit isn't for everyone. Grow up and learn how to back up your claims.
  • adross3
    Options

Enough with the name calling already, what's with you, are you in high school or something? You make a post on a public article and make some big claims, but as soon as someone asks you to expain or post where you got the info you get all defensive. Sure some people might like what you post but I'm sure many fall into the category of people which Alkion was describing, those that follow the overhyped media articles because they are desperate for a solution to their problem, so they don't question anything they read or hear and just go with it. Alkion, Acg67 and myself have similar approaches to food and fitness. It appears we all look for scientifically peer reviewed research to support our approach to how we eat. Your claims of "eat 5-6 times a day are bogus, eating at a 500-700kcal deficit isn't for everyone. Grow up and learn how to back up your claims.
    You just said it....you 3 have very simular approaches. I know that there are many types of diets out there. I know that when I eat 5-6 meals a day that I stay full. OP say that I am always hungry. So I show them a way not to be. Ignorance has come from you many times in this article. If I am wrong then why the 25lb fat loss and +4.5 muscle gain. Wait .....you are saying that is bogus also. The Science that these people have thrown at everybody with their bogus and not true statements are completly false. Once again this is a dogma spin by these people who claim there theory to be always right. I have proved my theory over and over again...Just not to you. This is not the first article on this.

When it comes to proof of science without copying and pasting my research, here is my proof.

(F% -12.4): (Flbs -25.6) : (H2O +5.7) : (Muscle +4.2) : ( Bone +1.6 ) : (Weight -14 lbs)

You can talk until you are blue in the face. You can say that my science is better then your science. I can pull up medical science and so can you. You said it youself. Some diets are not for all people. My research has produced the above. It may not be to the micron like you want it to be, but who really cares about that. I don't. I only care about results. The method of my research produced this. These are real results. Not made up.
  • haterhaze
    haterhaze Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    You just said it....you 3 have very simular approaches. I know that there are many types of diets out there. I know that when I eat 5-6 meals a day that I stay full. OP say that I am always hungry. So I show them a way not to be. Ignorance has come from you many times in this article. If I am wrong then why the 25lb fat loss and +4.5 muscle gain. Wait .....you are saying that is bogus also. The Science that these people have thrown at everybody with their bogus and not true statements are completly false. Once again this is a dogma spin by these people who claim there theory to be always right. I have proved my theory over and over again...Just not to you. This is not the first article on this.

When it comes to proof of science without copying and pasting my research, here is my proof.

You can talk until you are blue in the face. You can say that my science is better then your science. I can pull up medical science and so can you. You said it youself. Some diets are not for all people. My research has produced the above. It may not be to the micron like you want it to be, but who really cares about that. I don't. I only care about results. The method of my research produced this. These are real results. Not made up.

i'm not sure what you misunderstand no one is questioning that you lost weight your way, what people have called into question was your justifications for your methods ie eating 6x a day because if not it will hinder fat loss. there is no "your science" is better then anyone's else's science, science is science, i have kindly provided peer reviewed research to disprove your justifications that you have listed. please look up post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy. And you can continue to post results from a BIA device after i provided you with peer reviewed literature showing that BIA devices overestimate FFM and underestimate FM
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Thank you, just what I needed to read!