Total Lifestyle Challenge 3

Options
dhaught3
dhaught3 Posts: 186 Member
Would you like to join a challenge that will help you live your ideal life? Do you want a challenge that is focused on more than just the numbers on the scale? Are you willing to commit to establishing healthy habits in the following areas of your life: nutrition, exercise, hydration, sleep, and a touch of self-reflection? Then let’s get started together!

This will be a 21-day recurring challenge, with a 7-day break between each new challenge.

This group will be about more than support. We will do that, of course, but we will also go the extra mile and provide discipline and accountability for one another.

Now what you have been waiting for—

THE RULES:

You will be trying to get as close to 100 points each day as you can. Perfection is not expected, but we’ll also celebrate a “perfect” score whenever it happens! Points are allocated as follows:

Staying within your calorie goal: 30
Eat breakfast/lunch/dinner: 3
Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables or fruits: 7
*No junk food or food not on your preferred eating plan: 3
Log everything you eat and drink: 3
Drink 64 oz. of water or 1/3 your body weight in oz. (whichever is more): 15
^Exercise at least 30 min.: 15
Spend at least 10 minutes strength training: 5
Spend at least 5 minutes in flexibility exercise: 5
Each additional 15 minutes of exercise: 1 (up to 4 additional points)
Getting at least 7 hours of sleep: 3
+Each additional half hour: 1 (up to 2 additional points)
Daily journal or reflection: 5

*You may have 1 indulgence per week and still receive 3 points. For instance, if you are on an eating plan that does not allow alcohol, you may have one glass of wine and still receive your points. Only 1 serving of the indulgence food per week, for your own sake!

^You may take 1 rest day per week and still receive 25 points (for total minutes, strength, and flexibility time).

+For each 5 consecutive day period you log at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep, you earn a bonus night, allowing you to get less than 7 hours and still take the full 5 sleep points (as if you slept 8 hours!).

If you score 90 or higher for 9 consecutive days, you receive a free day of your choosing! You can give yourself a 100 no matter what! So you can earn up to 2 of these each challenge period.

You will also have 2 “Free Pass” days each challenge to use for illness, travel, emergencies, etc. You may take 50 points for each Free Pass day.

We’ll have a Google doc for you to post daily, and we’ll also expect daily posting on the private group challenge thread with at least a quick recap of your day in health.

Above all, be honest—because you’ll only be cheating yourself if you’re not. This is 100% honor system.

So…are you ready to create a better lifestyle?

Comment below if you’re in! We’ll kick off our third challenge period on Monday, February 28. After you comment, I will send an invitation to the private group.

Replies

• dhaught3
    Options
    @jjobst728 and @awesomesue I hope you'll both join this round!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    This is such an amazing challenge with a great team!! I love having a checklist for the day...keeps me challenged...
  • teresamerritt
    teresamerritt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Count me in for round 3! I've lost a total of 18 pounds in the last 7 weeks and I've finally mastered the water drinking challenge, which I've never mastered before now. I've also found including more sleep with healthier foods is really making me feel just better in general. Thanks for setting this up. Please send me a link to the new score card.
  • dhaught3
    Options
    @teresamerritt Will do! Thanks for the recommendation!

Potential challengers: This challenge is, from what I can tell, one of the most comprehensive on MyFitnessPal. If you really want to change your health, join us! But don’t be intimidated either! YOU can take charge of your life and your health on this challenge if you give it your best. We would love to have new members join us. It’s still a fairly new thing, so everyone is still getting to know each other, and we welcome new members.
  • UnstoppableSandra
    UnstoppableSandra Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If it’s not late I would like to join this challenge and give it a try.
    If it’s late, I’ll wait until the next round
  • LeanMe_28
    LeanMe_28 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, I’ll love to give it a try.
  • grandmashe
    grandmashe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to give this a try!
  • dhaught3
    Options
    @UnstoppableSandra @LeanMe_28 @grandmashe I have sent you each an invitation. Challenge starts today, and I hope you all will join us!
  • 2022summer
    2022summer Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would like to join please
  • lnashnmai
    lnashnmai Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join. Please let me know and ty. Good stuff!
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have a question
    Water
    I weigh 215lb = 3440ounces
    Therefore to drink 1/3 of bodyweight = 1150oz
    1150oz = 34litres

I googled this
    I assume I have made a mistake
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Is it too late to join?
  • dhaught3
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    I have a question
    Water
    I weigh 215lb = 3440ounces
    Therefore to drink 1/3 of bodyweight = 1150oz
    1150oz = 34litres

I googled this
    I assume I have made a mistake

It would be 215/3, or roughly 72 oz. We don’t want anyone to die of water consumption here!

I will send invites to those who requested, although you have already missed the first couple of days, so you have less of a chance of winning. BUT you’re winning by joining anyway!