Eat more to loose fat.

Options

Replies

• NorthernCally
    Options
    Not supporting or refuting either side of the debate, but Bjohs, thanks for the visual.
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Eating more is not about just eating. You have to eat the right foods. Your body needs amino acids, fatty acids, carbohydrates and water. Your body burns so many calories in a 24 hr period. If you eat what your body burns equally you stay the same weight. My body burns 2,100 calories or cals without me leaving my bed. It's my metabolism. Muscle mass burns 50 cals per 1lb per day. Then there are the rest of my organs that need a certain amount of energy to function. A proper body functions on A/F/C and water in the proper amounts. The better your eating habits the more micronutrients/vitamins your body uses. Your organs functioning properly and in unison will help your fat loss and muscle growth. I eat great meals that keep me full and give me proper fuel for the task ahead.

Ex: Whopper w. cheese and med fries. 1,100 cals. I can fit 2-3 meals in that. I "eat more" of the right foods that give me the nutrients the body needs to function properly. Fill half of your plate with vegetables (prefer green leafy). I eat one dark green salad a day with anything but salad dressing. Make your own low cal dressing. Vegetables will give your the organ boost that your body needs to convert the fat into fuel. Potassium is an electrolyte. You need 3500mg a day. Do you know how much you’re getting? You need every other type also. I personally would rather eat my vitamins.

Moreover you need to eat your exercise calories to give your body the strength and nutrients it needs to convert fat to energy and expel the toxins in your fat. Keep your cals -750 to -500 in the beginning. If you’re making poor food choices you will be hungry. Eat the right foods you will keep full and turn on the furnace and burn fat. If you eat the right foods you will find eating all of your cals a challenge. I know I do.

I thought this was going to be really good when I started reading it and then it went down hill from there. Your body needs Carbs, fat and PROTEIN! And your daily macros depending on what you are trying to achieve. Protein feeds muscle! It is true to say that carbs also do this but in a much smaller way because if you overeat carbs it will turn to sugar and then turn to fat, as we all know. I couldn't agree more about the right foods, mostly for the reason that you eat all day and feel full, I also struggle to eat my calories as I am not hungry, most days I don't reach them, which makes me cross as I do not want to shed more than 3 pounds per week. But it's the last paragraph that I was most concerned with, encouraging people to start with 500-750 cals is just irresponsible (sorry but true) it is exceptionally dangerous to have that low an intake for reasons we've all discussed before. You will not just burn fat! You will burn fat and muscle! This is not good at all. Most people losing weight I believe would also like to be lean and firm, doing this will turn you into a smaller but flabbier version of yourself. When very big people go to these lengths the result is skin excess surgery. Not to mention the fact that quick weight loss most often leads to increased weight gain once normal eating is resumed. No one should recommend an eating plan of less than 1200 cals regardless!
    Although I agree with eating right it has been proven now that people can achieve their goals without doing this, it is the eat clean Vs eat anything debate that has been around for years. It really much depends on what you would like to achieve, it is also true that if you want to be ripped you don't have to follow a clean eating plan, but most competition standard bodybuilders do and this is because it helps maintain and feed muscle when you can't go to the gym for whatever reason. I know I see better results because of the way I eat, and I fall in the middle somewhere I basically eat clean but periodically have something that isn't, I am lucky in respect that I like good healthy food. I don't eat egg white on it's own because i don't like it as an example. There is no point even trying this if you don't like the food, or you can't bear life without burgers and cake, people just have to find what works for them and then stick to that, the change needs to be something achievable. Keeping a healthy calorie intake.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Without adding to the OP bashing, it comes across as though you're saying that is the ONLY way to lose weight.

I don't eat clean, simply as i just don't like veg, whole grains, etc. I know that forcing myself to eat that stuff wouldn't be sustainable for me. I just eat smaller amounts of the same things i always have, and make sure to get a burn of at least 600 cal a day, 6 days a week. This is something i can easily do for the rest of my life, without even thinking about it.

I take my multivitamin+minerals and my cod liver oil tablet every day.

I don't eat my exercise calories as if i did it'd be more of the "unclean" stuff. I'm never hungry.

I've never felt better, fuller, healthier, stronger.

The fact is that while i'm not stupid, and know that veg and whole grains would be "better" for me, id rather stick to what im doing now that is working and sustainable.

You DON'T have to eat rabbit food and have no nice-tasting food in order to lose fat. It helps, but its not like if you dont like those things you CANT lose fat.

I'd say the most important thing is getting the right mindset. When i drove past a drive-thru before, id get one for dinner without thinking about it. Then when i was hungry later on, id have ANOTHER dinner. Now, i simply say "If i get that McDonalds now, that means no chicken for me later...is it worth it? Nah" and drive home. The thought of having BOTH just doesn't even enter my head now!
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Without adding to the OP bashing, it comes across as though you're saying that is the ONLY way to lose weight.

I don't eat clean, simply as i just don't like veg, whole grains, etc. I know that forcing myself to eat that stuff wouldn't be sustainable for me. I just eat smaller amounts of the same things i always have, and make sure to get a burn of at least 600 cal a day, 6 days a week. This is something i can easily do for the rest of my life, without even thinking about it.

I take my multivitamin+minerals and my cod liver oil tablet every day.

I don't eat my exercise calories as if i did it'd be more of the "unclean" stuff. I'm never hungry.

I've never felt better, fuller, healthier, stronger.

The fact is that while i'm not stupid, and know that veg and whole grains would be "better" for me, id rather stick to what im doing now that is working and sustainable.

You DON'T have to eat rabbit food and have no nice-tasting food in order to lose fat. It helps, but its not like if you dont like those things you CANT lose fat.

I'd say the most important thing is getting the right mindset. When i drove past a drive-thru before, id get one for dinner without thinking about it. Then when i was hungry later on, id have ANOTHER dinner. Now, i simply say "If i get that McDonalds now, that means no chicken for me later...is it worth it? Nah" and drive home. The thought of having BOTH just doesn't even enter my head now!
    Loosing fat does come down to a personal science. The only thing that I have done here is show my success and theory based upon my research. It was very successful with 2.4lbs fo fat loss a week. I hit a plateau and went thru it. I have never said that do it this way or get fat. I have never even implied it. All that I have done is show a successful way of getting past a plateau and loose fat by eating more. I have seen people and their diaries. My way was and is successful. It is not made up or conjured up. It was done based upon research.

These people who bash and say that I'm wrong and they are right do not write anything. They do not try to take their knowledge and give a method to their madness. Instead they just go from thread to thread bashing their research to be true. I keep telling them to write an article on their subject, but they do not. What does that tell you about them. I tells me that they really don't care about teaching but bashing. Or they just have not formulated a conclusion to their theory.

I know that I will get bashed on this, but they once again will not write a thread themselves.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Loosing fat does come down to a personal science. The only thing that I have done here is show my success and theory based upon my research. It was very successful with 2.4lbs fo fat loss a week. I hit a plateau and went thru it. I have never said that do it this way or get fat. I have never even implied it. All that I have done is show a successful way of getting past a plateau and loose fat by eating more. I have seen people and their diaries. My way was and is successful. It is not made up or conjured up. It was done based upon research.

These people who bash and say that I'm wrong and they are right do not write anything. They do not try to take their knowledge and give a method to their madness. Instead they just go from thread to thread bashing their research to be true. I keep telling them to write an article on their subject, but they do not. What does that tell you about them. I tells me that they really don't care about teaching but bashing. Or they just have not formulated a conclusion to their theory.

I know that I will get bashed on this, but they once again will not write a thread themselves.

but you did say this way worked because and then provided stuff that isn't true, that is what the question at hand is. and i only asked for you to provide peer reviewed research backing up that the reasons your way worked was for the reasons you stated

it would be like me saying Ben and Jerry's causes weight loss because they have a unique compound that increases metabolic rate, that is not a true statement and is not backed by anything yet is the same type justifications you use for your methods
  • adross3
    Options

but you did say this way worked because and then provided stuff that isn't true, that is what the question at hand is. and i only asked for you to provide peer reviewed research backing up that the reasons your way worked was for the reasons you stated

it would be like me saying Ben and Jerry's causes weight loss because they have a unique compound that increases metabolic rate, that is not a true statement and is not backed by anything yet is the same type justifications you use for your methods
    Ok mister right. I did not have any fat loss. I did not gain any muscle. The process I used is completly false.

Here is my false results based upon my false statements. I took P90X and looked into why it worked. OK. my secret is out. P90X has you eating 5-6 times a day. I guess that their science is wrong also.

Date : F% : F lbs : H2O : Muscle : Bone : Weight
    7/4 : ..24.1 : 46.3 : .56.6 : ..70.9 : ...8.1 :.... 191
    8/29 ..13.6 : 24.3 :. 60.5 :.. 73.0 :... 9.6 : ....179.
    9/15 ..11.7 : 20.7 : .62.3 : ..75.1 :... 9.7 : ....177
    (F% -12.4): (Flbs -25.6) : (H2O +5.7) : (Muscle +4.2) : ( Bone +1.6 ) : (Weight -14 lbs)

I guess that I am confused and these result did not happen.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Ok mister right. I did not have any fat loss. I did not gain any muscle. The process I used is completly false.

Here is my false results based upon my false statements. I took P90X and looked into why it worked. OK. my secret is out. P90X has you eating 5-6 times a day. I guess that their science is wrong also.

(F% -12.4): (Flbs -25.6) : (H2O +5.7) : (Muscle +4.2) : ( Bone +1.6 ) : (Weight -14 lbs)

ok then let's try something easy, according to your latest results you have a LBM of 156.29, since you said 1lb of muscle burns 50kcal, then at a minimum you should have a BMR 7814.55kcals, yet you stated your BMR is 2100, please clarify
  • adross3
    Options

ok then let's try something easy, according to your latest results you have a LBM of 156.29, since you said 1lb of muscle burns 50kcal, then at a minimum you should have a BMR 7814.55kcals, yet you stated your BMR is 2100, please clarify
    here we go with your nit picking anal retentiveness. The proof is in the pudding and I am not wearing my pudding any more. I know that my BMR is 2100. I use a bodybugg. I know that this device has a flaw. But it is scientifically proven to only be off by a bit, but also proven to be exactly on. I wear it 23 hrs a day. I take a mean based upon sleeping and relaxing. That mean is 89 cals per hour. 89*24hrs= 2136. I eat -500/-600 cals a day based upon what I am burning. I am now loosing fat equal to these results. Since I started using this device I have increased my food intake and lost 1.b per week and gained 2lbs of muscle. I eat to fuel my activity until the next eating cycle. I have tons of energy and never sluggish. I am loosing fat and gaining muscle. Your science means nothing to my results.
  • Acg67
    Options

here we go with your nit picking anal retentiveness. The proof is in the pudding and I am not wearing my pudding any more. I know that my BMR is 2100. I use a bodybugg. I know that this device has a flaw. But it is scientifically proven to only be off by a bit, but also proven to be exactly on. I wear it 23 hrs a day. I take a mean based upon sleeping and relaxing. That mean is 89 cals per hour. 89*24hrs= 2136. I eat -500/-600 cals a day based upon what I am burning. I am now loosing fat equal to these results. Since I started using this device I have increased my food intake and lost 1.b per week and gained 2lbs of muscle. I eat to fuel my activity until the next eating cycle. I have tons of energy and never sluggish. I am loosing fat and gaining muscle. Your science means nothing to my results.

::facepalm:: don't you see the disconnect with what you wrote and your actual results? either your BMR isn't 2100 or 1lb of muscle doesn't burn 50cals, yet you wrote both
  • adross3
    Options

::facepalm:: don't you see the disconnect with what you wrote and your actual results? either your BMR isn't 2100 or 1lb of muscle doesn't burn 50cals, yet you wrote both
    It has come down to 1 thing that I wrote. Are you thru being anal retentive yet.
  • Acg67
    Options
    It has come down to 1 thing that I wrote. Are you thru being anal retentive yet.

is it really that hard to admit you're wrong instead of resorting to personal attacks?
  • adross3
    Options

is it really that hard to admit you're wrong instead of resorting to personal attacks?
    You are doing the same also. Your personal attacks on me are not justified. Your proof is the same as mine but with different data. This is why I said get off this thread and start your own.
  • Acg67
    Options

You are doing the same also. Your personal attacks on me are not justified. Your proof is the same as mine but with different data. This is why I said get off this thread and start your own.

attacking the data =/= as a personal attack
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't the math equate?
    If you claim 1 lb. of muscle burns 50kcal/day, you have 75.1 lbs. muscle, how is your BMR only 2,100kcal?
  • adross3
    Options
    If you claim 1 lb. of muscle burns 50kcal/day, you have 75.1 lbs. muscle, how is your BMR only 2,100kcal?
    Ok. I must of misread 1 tiny little thing. Maybe it was up to 50 cals per day. So, tell me what is the correct answer or do you know?

I have put out my proof and you can only pick on one thing. I keep adding freinds during this whole thread. They see the truth behind the logic.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Ok. I must of misread 1 tiny little thing. Maybe it was up to 50 cals per day. So, tell me what is the correct answer or do you know?

I have put out my proof and you can only pick on one thing. I keep adding freinds during this whole thread. They see the truth behind the logic.

A tiny little thing? According to your bogus claim, I should be eating over 5,000kcal/day. Of course I know better, but anyone else who doesn't, might mistake your bogus claim as sound advice then go and eat 5,000kcal/day or more based on your suggestion. And you feel that is a "tiny little thing"?

My search came up with 7-10kcal/lb muscle/day. That's a big difference vs your 50kcal claim

Good for you, you're getting your friend count up, cause we all know how important it is to have the highes friend count on MFP. Like I said in my previous post, most likely those who fall into the category of people who are uninformed and are desperate for a solution to their problem so they won't bother to do research or question anyone's claims.
  • adross3
    Options

A tiny little thing? According to your bogus claim, I should be eating over 5,000kcal/day. Of course I know better, but anyone else who doesn't, might mistake your bogus claim as sound advice then go and eat 5,000kcal/day or more based on your suggestion. And you feel that is a "tiny little thing"?
    That is why I said that it is very important to pay for a test. I did say it. I said that knowing how much you burn in a day will tell you how much you can eat in a day.

Now. You keep saying that 5-6 meals a day are bogus. your word exactly. Why does P90X have you eating 5-6 meals a day. Oh....it's a gimmick. NOT. Proven over and over and over and over and over.....look dude....your searching for a little flaw to prove my inaccuracy. Your reaching.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    That is why I said that it is very important to pay for a test. I did say it. I said that knowing how much you burn in a day will tell you how much you can eat in a day.

Now. You keep saying that 5-6 meals a day are bogus. your word exactly. Why does P90X have you eating 5-6 meals a day. Oh....it's a gimmick. NOT. Proven over and over and over and over and over.....look dude....your searching for a little flaw to prove my inaccuracy. Your reaching.

5-6 meals a day isn't NECESARRY to lose weight. I'll give you a prime example. My buddy was locked up for 6 months. He went in over 230 lbs obese. He came out 185 lbs ripped. Did he have the luxury of eating 5-6 times a day, nope. How did he do it? With 3 meals a day, and doing burpees.
  • Acg67
    Options

again no one had said eating 5-6 meals a day was bogus or won't work, what people have said, myself included that your reasoning why it works was faulty and not true and i provided peer review research to back my point
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Eating more is not about just eating. You have to eat the right foods. Your body needs amino acids, fatty acids, carbohydrates and water. Your body burns so many calories in a 24 hr period. If you eat what your body burns equally you stay the same weight. My body burns 2,100 calories or cals without me leaving my bed. It's my metabolism. Muscle mass burns 50 cals per 1lb per day. Then there are the rest of my organs that need a certain amount of energy to function. A proper body functions on A/F/C and water in the proper amounts. The better your eating habits the more micronutrients/vitamins your body uses. Your organs functioning properly and in unison will help your fat loss and muscle growth. I eat great meals that keep me full and give me proper fuel for the task ahead.

Ex: Whopper w. cheese and med fries. 1,100 cals. I can fit 2-3 meals in that. I "eat more" of the right foods that give me the nutrients the body needs to function properly. Fill half of your plate with vegetables (prefer green leafy). I eat one dark green salad a day with anything but salad dressing. Make your own low cal dressing. Vegetables will give your the organ boost that your body needs to convert the fat into fuel. Potassium is an electrolyte. You need 3500mg a day. Do you know how much you’re getting? You need every other type also. I personally would rather eat my vitamins.

Moreover you need to eat your exercise calories to give your body the strength and nutrients it needs to convert fat to energy and expel the toxins in your fat. Keep your cals -750 to -500 in the beginning. If you’re making poor food choices you will be hungry. Eat the right foods you will keep full and turn on the furnace and burn fat. If you eat the right foods you will find eating all of your cals a challenge. I know I do.

I actually drew up a visual like this a couple months ago. Not all calories are created equal. :)

food2.jpg

Eye opening!! Very nice