Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Diary sharing

I’d like the ability to share my diary with my dieting group instead of having to take multiple screen shots. I also think the ability to create groups inside the app would be an easier alternative. Much like a social media platform where individuals can chat and view diaries in one central location.
4 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

The ability to share your Diary with others is already available!

Replies

• I am up for daily check in or something like that. I am a newbie. I know that we can reach our goals by supporting each other. I would like to join your group :smile: Have a nice day!
  • 2Fast4U2021
    2Fast4U2021 Posts: 2 Member
    Aye! I'm in! Add me! >:) ⬅️🤣
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    I wish MFP were more of an Instagram/WW Connect format where you can follow friends or hashtags in the same feed --- and share the same way.
  • tmpuser123
    tmpuser123 Posts: 10 Member
    It is already possible by making your profile public. Like mine
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 719 MFP Staff
    There are a couple different ways you can currently share Meals and your Diary with your MyFitnessPal friends.

Our mobile users can find the option to share a saved meal in Meals, Recipes & Foods. This feature is not currently available for web.

On iOS
    • Select More...
    • Select My Meals, Recipes & Foods
    • Select the Meals tab
    • Select the Meal you would like to share and tap the Share button next to the meal name
    • This will take you to the Status Update screen
    • Update the status, add directions if you would like and select the check mark (top right)

On Android
    • Select Menu
    • Select Recipes, Meals & Foods
    • Select the Meals tab
    • Select the Meal you would like to share and tap the Share button next to the meal name
    • This will take you to the Status Update screen
    • Update the status, add directions if you would like and select the check mark (top right)

Another option is to allow others to view your Diary. To do this, you must adjust your Diary Sharing settings.

On the Web
    • Click "My Home" then "Settings" then "Diary settings".

In the Android, iPad and iPhone apps
    • In the Menu (or "More" page) tap "Settings" then "Sharing & Privacy" then "Diary Sharing."

Select your preference from "Public," "Friends Only", or "Locked with a key" and save your changes.

At the end of the day, when you have finished logging your diary, select "Complete This Entry." This will create a convenient "View Diary" link on your friends' news feed, if this option has not been changed in your News Feed Privacy settings.

Friends can also visit your profile page at any time and select "View Diary." To visit a friend's profile:

On the Web​
    Click "My Home" then "Friends" then click on a friend in the list. Or, enter a profile's URL directly in your browser's address bar: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/<INSERT_USERNAME_HERE>.

In the iPhone, iPad and Android apps
    Tap the "Friends" page, and select your friend from the list.