Scale Smashers Support (closed thread)

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, the only reason I didn't get eliminated was due to a non-post of a weight from someone on the other team. I need to kick it into gear!!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    BOOOO we lost the weigh-in!!!!! :grumble:

Dot - Use it as motivation for this week!

My weekend has gone pretty much as planned. I did eat a *small* piece of cake at the party, but skipped the pizza and sugary drinks so that's PROGRESS! I'm getting some school work done then time for football and trying some new finger-food recipes. I'll post if they turn out good!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Don't get discourged ladies. This weigh-in is very acurate anyway because most people bindged the night before our first weigh in causing larger starting weights. We'll be okay. Super lucky someone didn't weigh in though so we still have our whole team:bigsmile:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Bummer we didn't win team- but from the looks of it we had very good losses- so let's beat 'em net week!

I went without the HRM and I'm glad I did- holy mud lol. What an AWESOME event though- hubs is HOOKED. and of course so am I.

Had an awesome night with Kim and her family!!

With all the phone let me tell ya... I.... HURT! lol Thankfully hubs is helping me with todays daily tasts bc man, I'm out lol.
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    SO glad someone didn't weigh in so we still have our team!

Its okay, we'll do better this time around.

Well, to be honest I haven't been good this weekend...but tomorrow and Tuesday will be VERY good days!

No sleep, sick toddler and busy husband = mommy grabbing snacks all day....
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Don't get discourged ladies. This weigh-in is very acurate anyway because most people bindged the night before our first weigh in causing larger starting weights. We'll be okay. Super lucky someone didn't weigh in though so we still have our whole team:bigsmile:

I totally agree with you - and I think some people weigh in the first week fully clothed. I was scared enough to see the weight stark naked..so mine was pretty accurate. LMAO!!! Holy crap I need to kick the next 2 days in high gear or I will be honest.. .Wednesday will be a sad day for me. So..starting tomorrow morning...lots of hard work for me to do.

mamaturner - saw some pictures on fb...looks like a blast! Was it cold? I know it was cold by me (3 hours from there)...I assume it was a cold moment in that mud. LOL!!

Super awesome job Katie with staying on track!!

Amy - you'll do great this week!!

Ok team....are we gonna win it this week? I hope I can pull off at least a 1 lb loss for the team!! UGH!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Yes- I agree. I'm not a fan of people possibly weighing in the first one with clothes on. In my opinion that's cheating. But oh well.. we'll see if it helped or hinders them in the end.

It was perfect weather until we got wet- then it was cold!- still sore in the pectorals and thigs- very bad thighs!!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I had my clothes on (took my shoes off though) because I was weighing in on the scale in the PE equipment room at school. Maybe I'll weigh in with my volleyball stuff (shorts and t) and not my work clothes. Didn't even think of that...
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Morning Friends! How'd everyones weekend go? I did okay I think. I had a munchy day on Saturday but a lot of it was veggies. I also made a cobbler with the blackberries we picked instead of smoothes:embarassed: :ohwell: and have been picking at that all weekend. It was super easy to make and so delish but i can't help to think I could make it heathier somehow. Most cobblers I found added tons and tons of sugar so this is the one I went with. The recipe was 4cups blackberries, 1/2 cup butter, and one box of cake mix. So if I could sub the butter with something and use an alternative cake mix this might be a pretty decent recipe. Is there a such thing as low cal or reduced fat cake mix?

Sorry, i'll get off the topic of desserts now! I found an awesome restaraunt last night... It's called Venti's and they have a mix of different ethnic foods and a huge selection of vegitarian dishes! Most of the options were fairly healthy. Even the kids menu come with apples, carrots, or applesauce instead of fries... I :heart: that! I had a spicy curry... It had all sorts of delishious veggies with a light sauce served over rice. My husband had blackend Rockfish that was absolutely awesome too!
    The only downfall was that the serving sizes were huge (Oh and that its a taphouse with 22 different beers on tap :drinker:) Definatly got to be aware of how much you are eating. I can't wait to go back there.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I've weighed with and without clothes just to see what the difference is and its usually only a few ounces. I'm not so sure clothes is as much of an issue as those who went out and had steak dinners and lushed it up as a final dinner before getting serious. I know I did that last round but this time I just want to lose weight and I feel guilty when I eat like crap so I didn't .
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I've weighed with and without clothes just to see what the difference is and its usually only a few ounces. I'm not so sure clothes is as much of an issue as those who went out and had steak dinners and lushed it up as a final dinner before getting serious. I know I did that last round but this time I just want to lose weight and I feel guilty when I eat like crap so I didn't .
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Haha, I weighed in the first time with socks on (It was cold in our house) and didn't realize how funny that looked until I saw everyones toes on the weigh in :) I also decided when I lose 10 I am getting a pedicure!!! only 4 more pounds to go....

So I made a casserole thats loaded with Dairy because my husband requested it. I have to figure out something different to eat tonight while I watch them enjoy the dish. What are you all eating? Ideas?
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I know it's not the hugest issue- I guess I got a visual of someone wearing like 3 layers of shirts LOL.

And Dot that's a good point about the public scale lol.

Dinner for me is some homemade chicken noodle soup and a ceasar salad - I had a coupon for the kit bag-lettuce, dressing and croutons- not sure if I'll have 'em- I do have some left over bacon to add instead.. if I can make myself choose just one!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!! :flowerforyou:

My weekend was successful. I got on the scale to take a peek yesterday and was happy with what I saw. Just got to keep up being "good" so I can report that loss on Wednesday! I'm on my break at class right now, thought I'd check in with you all!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    We had a "sort of" chicken-tortilla soup. It's my husbands favorite thing in the world...and it's pretty low cal/fat. I got to add a bunch of stuff from our garden into it, so that was fun.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!! :flowerforyou:

My weekend was successful. I got on the scale to take a peek yesterday and was happy with what I saw. Just got to keep up being "good" so I can report that loss on Wednesday! I'm on my break at class right now, thought I'd check in with you all!

Whoooot!

I weighed myself today and i'm up 2 lbs. Seriously. Stayed under cals just about every day the last week...however, TOM is due in a day or two and I ate SALTY soup last night so I'm hoping that's all it was. Better be!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Stupid TOM:angry: !!! I battled that pre- TOM crap last week. And now this week I feel icky and don't wanna workout! I played WII instead today though... that was fun:bigsmile: I actually recorded all my food intake today also!!! I haven't done that for quite a while so I'm pretty proud of myself.

Katie... Keep up the good work:flowerforyou:

Amy... I soooo want to have my own garden but my yard sucks. The only thing its really good for is slip-n-slidding or sledding (usually in the mud since we rarely get snow):grumble:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    TOM is a real son of a b!tch! :mad: He had me going through it the past few weeks. I'm over it now, but have it to look forward to in another few weeks. Like we don't have enough *kitten* going on in our lives - do we really need that *kitten* popping up EVERY month? :grumble:

Irish - Hang in there! :flowerforyou:

We did a garden 2 years ago, this past summer I didn't have it in me because I was doing painting/decorating projects inside the house. BUT next summer it'll be back!

C'mon ladies we need to get it together for this week's weigh-in!!!! Seems like a few of us are struggling a bit and I don't want our team to lose and have to drop a player. :cry: WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

Anyone have any specific goals this week?

I've been slowly trying to get back to the big "loser" I was a while back (got down to 52 lbs lost) and have slowly gotten my eating in check and trying to add in workouts. I've only been able to squeeze in (and have energy) for 1-2 workouts the past two weeks, so my goal is to add another workout for this week. Now.....I just need to figure out where it'll go....
  • mamaturner
    Options
    My goal is to keep my sanity! lol

I'll admit- I should have hopped on the scale right away sunday- I did this morning finally- uuuuggghh 4# up. I think it's all water weight- I'm already at 5 glasses of water and doin good. It's the drinkin Saturday and good ol' TOM who was previously mentioned. I agree Katie- why the hell do we get stuck with it!! lol

I love gardening- I finally did one this year- it was a sad one though. Ahh well.

I'll be able to grow more and more often in TX! lol They're growing season is like 300 days out of the year!!

Goal for the rest of the day- low sodium and LOTS OF WATER! For sure a chicken caeser salad for dinner... but what about lunch!? hmmm..
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Jessica - Maybe get in a good workout to sweat out some of that water?

I'm eating chili for lunch, perfect fall meal!

This weekend will likely involve a ton of sodium for me, we're taking my MIL to Joe's Crab Shack for her birthday dinner. I can't resist a steam pot, they're SSSSOOO good! :ohwell: I just have to make sure I work out to sweat that crap out (I already drink oodles of water every day). AND I have to be "good" the rest of the week too! :angry: