Need Motivation and Accountability to Reach my Goals :)

Options
Hey! My name is Faye, and I’m kinda new to MFP. My goal is to lose around 50 lbs or so, and in past attempts I’ve failed. 2022 is the first time I’ve ever made progress. Im trying to eat healthier with a caloric deficit and intermittent fasting, and exercise daily, for example cycling, swimming, rock climbing, and HIIT.

Im still lacking a bit of motivation though, so I’d love to add some new friends.

I live on the panhandle of Florida as a medical laboratory scientist, with a degree in field biology. So, my job is pretty active. As well as that, Im part of a cooking program with a good friend of mine, as a class instructor.

I’d love to get to meet you all and work towards our goals!

Replies

• silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye

I live in Tn. I have been fighting my weight for years. I lost 10 pounds last month. I am hoping to keep
    it up. I need to lose at least 50 pounds. We could all use some friends to help us toward our goals. If you would like to add me , that would fine. :smile:
  • aipfsu
    aipfsu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye,
    My name is Amanda and I live in Florida, too. Would love some new friends myself. :) I am a teacher and have lost 26 pounds. I will try to add you as a friend. If you would like to accept, awesome. If not, I understand.

:)
  • michaeldaily4927
    michaeldaily4927 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye,
    Welcome and good luck on your mission My name is Mike I'm from Iowa, but I travel the world for work. I've lost 20 lbs and have 50 lbs more to lose.
    I'm currently is eastern Missouri, battling this ice storm. Florida sure sounds good right now.
  • Bea98321
    Bea98321 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye! I'm looking for a buddy to speak with everyday for support with keeping on a diet. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in. :)
  • Eddie718
    Eddie718 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Faye my name is Nolberto I live in NY in 2014 I lost 98 lbs and made goal after that I again gained 50+ and now need to lose those 50+ and could definitely use motivation. Add me and we can communicate daily via mf
  • dont_touch_croissant
    Options
    Hello I just started to work out today. Hope we can support each other by checking up on each other. :smile:
  • DavisAlex1
    DavisAlex1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you all can add me! i exercise daily and give support
  • poohct
    poohct Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me too :) I'm back at it for the millionth time!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Faye etc , feel free to add me! I too need accountability and encouragement to maintain healthy eating habits. Also dont_touch_croissant , oh my goodness I can sooo relate to your name !
  • FoxySprinkles
    FoxySprinkles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye! You can feel free to add me as well. I've got about 40 lbs to lose. Trying to stay motivated is the hardest part. It is awesome once the wheels start spinning but I'm guilty of falling off the wagon into a pile of donuts from time to time.
  • clair1508
    clair1508 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, im quite new too. I have just found a dress I used to wear to help motivate me to lose weight. Some days are better than others for me.
    Sounds like you have a interesting job. The cooking classes are awesome. I'm a qualified chef so if you need any help let me know. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.x
  • Gen2727
    Gen2727 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can add me :)
  • Jenniferleighftw
    Jenniferleighftw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! Feel free to add me, I love being supportive and getting support for myself too. Motivation is important!
  • DanaRenee518
    DanaRenee518 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye! I'm Dana from Southern Illinois. I have 50 pounds that I'd like to lose. I've been a serial dieter my whole life. I joined MFP for the 1st time in July of 2021. Lost 15 pounds, logged every day until I joined a challenge on here. I felt like I was letting the team down because I wasn't haven't the success others were. I just quit. Everything! My challenge and MFP. So dumb!!! Now I'm up 5 pounds just in 3 weeks. I'm back on here as of today and doing a restart. Would love to be of support and have support! Wishing everyone on here much success and happiness!
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm active here daily...n public diary. 💛