Why do people argue so much?

Options

Replies

• Puckermann
    Options
    Time to find a few decent friends and keep it in the newsfeed instead.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I also live by the maxim that you can never be friends with someone who has seen you naked, but that's a whole other forum post...

I agree!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    because they want to make sure it is done in a healthy manner, so people don't get sick or die.

Do you think people actually care that much about total strangers? Or is it more about the desperate desire to be right to validate their own actions?

I generally don't speak up unless I think it is important and because I DO CARE! that is why I do what I do. I wan to help when I can. I don't know it all but I Ideas. Also If people don't want others opinions don't post complaints or questions when it comes to weight loss. Then they won't have to worry about other peoples thoughts and opinions

Definitely agree. I only tend to get stuck in in the forums when someone is running someone down - or I did on some pro ANA talk I heard once, trying to herd others up into the idea, I couldn't stand by and listen to that.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Because we are hungry.

LOL! There's got to be some truth in this! Hungry = Grumpy!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    because they want to make sure it is done in a healthy manner, so people don't get sick or die.

Do you think people actually care that much about total strangers? Or is it more about the desperate desire to be right to validate their own actions?
    people do all kinds of thing for people they dont know its called compassion We help free people who are starving, during disasters, no fresh water people send best wishes when your down I don't think its just because people want to type their are people who are natural nurturers

I bought a homeless man dinner last night....
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Because we are hungry.

I think that may be the most accurate answer so far. I know I argue when I am grouchy and I have been hungry and therefore grouchy for most of the last 6 months since joining here!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I had this today, someone nosied in my diary, I might add after pushing me to open it about a week ago, and then was really critical despite knowing I had posted that I wasn't feeling well, been quite down, and broke down during training this week. So ye I took a day off, I went 100 cals over big whoop! Leftvme feeling like I should leave here tbh. Am feeling better this aft but really upset me this morning.
  • fteale
    Options

I bought a homeless man pizza on a snowy day last winter. Did I do him a favour or not? That's a lot of "bad" calories.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't care if YOU are doing things wrong, but when you try to convince unknowing others to do it your wrong way, then I argue. There are a couple people here that I've noticed who try to pass themselves off as experts when they are not and are often wrong.

someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Because it's a public forum.... and alot of THEORIES are out there.
  • Jeliica
    Options
    We live in a society where everyone is opinionated and they have to get their point across regardless if it's negative or positive. Only you can decide what is right for you and no one should tell you otherwise.

Good luck to everyone dieting! Kudos to making that leap of faith and bettering yourself. How you do it, it's your life, just be safe, and take care of yourself!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

I bought a homeless man pizza on a snowy day last winter. Did I do him a favour or not? That's a lot of "bad" calories.

I was just saying that there is compassion out there, as joy said. Funny, you post a topic about arguing, and then you start an argument.
  • missalicia78
    Options
    Well, since I started doing this, some people in my life choose to scrutinize what goes into my mouth. Like if I have a serving of cookies or chocolate, or a light beer: "Oh, you're eating/drinking THAT? That's not good for you. I thought you were trying to lose weight..." In this case, it's not out of concern. It's just pettiness. But I'm a little cynical...maybe it IS concern. ;)
  • Puckermann
    Options
    I don't care if YOU are doing things wrong, but when you try to convince unknowing others to do it your wrong way, then I argue. There are a couple people here that I've noticed who try to pass themselves off as experts when they are not and are often wrong.

someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

HAHAHA laughed so hard

a_projectile_vomiting_and_guy_jpg.jpg
  • missalicia78
    Options
    I had this today, someone nosied in my diary, I might add after pushing me to open it about a week ago, and then was really critical despite knowing I had posted that I wasn't feeling well, been quite down, and broke down during training this week. So ye I took a day off, I went 100 cals over big whoop! Leftvme feeling like I should leave here tbh. Am feeling better this aft but really upset me this morning.

Pay no attention to the naysayers!! So what if you went 100 over? I've done it too. It happens. Just get back on the bike and keep pedaling, my dear!
  • ambercole
    Options
    Because we all know better than everyone else...and of course because I am the smartest of all and know everything about everything!

Mom? Is that you???
  • fteale
    Options

I was just saying that there is compassion out there, as joy said. Funny, you post a topic about arguing, and then you start an argument.

I wasn't arguing. I was saying......I have bought homeless people food too. No argument implied.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I won't say nothing when someone is doing or promoting anorexia. I have a girl, right now se is only 4 y/o and I will do my best to let her know how she is a wonderfull person what ever the scale say, I will do my best to show her what being healthy is. If somehow she would start sacrificing her health to be thin and I am not there to see it....I sure hope that someone else will try to knock some sens into her.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

This... The majority of the time.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Pay no attention to the naysayers!! So what if you went 100 over? I've done it too. It happens. Just get back on the bike and keep pedaling, my dear!