100 DAYS OF WEIGHTING IN #11

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,814 Member
    @kramereh

You are doing really great. Care to share your strategy with us? What are you eating or not eating?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @deepwoodslady
    Nothing wrong with having snacks, maybe just have to tweak their contents even just a bit or the amounts. Tracking?
    I know that you are wanting to sneak in some more exercise and how difficult that has been with your situation. Sometimes I find that when I purposefully exercise that it stops me from eating "bad" stuff and undoing the good that I accomplished.

@Lilylady3k
    I am curious to know what is eliminated during lent. (I suppose that I could Google lol). It is for 6 weeks? What do you eliminate besides alcohol?
    I am not religious, but am interested all religions.
    My Hindu friends and co-worker girls do the goddess fast twice per year. They eliminate certain foods and ramp up others.
    Muslims do Ramadan, Jewish people eat certain foods during Satyr and do Yom Kippur, Buddhists have nothing to eat after noon each day for like 18 days. I know some people that don't eat meat on Fridays. I used to work with a Sikh girl, they don't fast, but practice moderation, never eating too quickly, and avoiding gluttony in all things, not just food.
    All are for spiritual purposes, cleansing and purification.
    So, people from all sorts of cultures do this several times per year.
    I am doing it to reset my patterns and habits, also to figure out afterward as I begin to reintroduce things how they affect not only my body, but also my energy levels and general feelings of well being. The upside could be more awareness, such as those who are doing it for that purpose. Mostly I just want my internal organs to work better.
    I am fascinated by this practice that dates back thousands and thousands of years.
    I would love to hear your thoughts.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited March 2022
    I am Dawn.
    I have gained weight the last few 100s
    Time to turn that around

61 years old, 5'2"
    Highest weight 207
    Ultimate goal weight 110-115
    This is my 9th round on this forum, I joined it at 158.6

Day 29: Sun: 2/27: 140.8 - I feel like less than that, but it was an extremely early weigh in.

Day 30: Mon: 2/28: Day 1 of my 7 day cleanse 141.4 - Highest since September 2020. Looking forward to seeing how my body responds to eliminating a few things. No cream in my coffee this morning.
    Day 31: Tues: 3/1: Day 2 of my 7 day cleanse - 138.2 - I added cinnamon to my coffee brew this morning, of course I would rather have cream. No bloating after coffee yesterday like I am used to. It is only day 2, so far that is the only thing that I have noticed.
    Day 32: Wed: 3/2: Day 3 of my 7 day cleanse - 137.0 - Although it has been 11 years since I last did this cleanse (which I used to do twice per year) I am remembering things about it. Day 5 is usually when I start to feel the effects. My MFP tracker shows a marked increase in my fibre intake which was dismally low, so that is good for the organs.
    Day 33: Thurs: 3/3: Day 4 of my 7 day cleanse - 137.2 - I put some cinnamon into the basket of the coffee maker yesterday and today because I was missing my morning cream in my coffee. Actually pretty good. Had to change up my snacks. Almonds are an 80% item, but really high in calorie. Good calories I guess, I measured them into little 100 cal containers. I like peanuts, but they or their oils are a no-no for the duration of this.
    Day 34: Fri: 3/4: Day 5 of my 7 day cleanse - 136.8 - Day 5 is usually the day that I start to feel effects from this. It is herbs and diet change, so it doesn't happen overnight. Settling in to the new eating regime, and hope to not miss certain things over the coming days. I am making my brown rice concoctions as delicious as I can with spices and stuff.
    Day 35: Sat: 3/5: Day 6 of my 7 day cleanse - 135.8 - Without all of the additives, sugars and stuff I am hard pressed to eat enough calories. I am getting them in though. One piece of cheesecake is worth like 1,000 calories, but that is a heck of a lot of brown rice and veggies!

5th Week Goal Weight: 135
    5th Week Actual Weight: 135.8
    Excess calories in the Green on the MFP tracker: I will fill this in after today's numbers

Day 36: Sun, 3/6:
    Day 37: Mon, 3/7:
    Day 38: Tues, 3/8:
    Day 39: Wed, 3/9:
    Day 40: Thurs, 3/10:
    Day 41: Fri, 3/11:
    Day 42: Sat, 3/12:

6th Week Goal Weight:
    6th Week Actual Weight:
    Excess calories in the Green on the MFP tracker:

Start weight this 100: 138.4 - Highest start weight for the last 4 100s
  • kramereh
    kramereh Posts: 612 Member
    I’m starting this challenge late. I really need to stay motivated!

Week 1- missed
    Week 2- missed
    Week 3- missed

Day 23: Mon: 2/21: 216.4
    Day 24: Tues: 2/22: 213.2- yesterday was off since I barely slept and then yesterday I had a salad for lunch and went to bed after work without dinner since I was so tired.
    Day 25: Wed: 2/23: 211.6 - gotta love the first week woosh
    Day 26: Thurs: 2/24: DNW
    Day 27: Fri: 2/25: 213- had a girls night and getting back into the groove. Hoping most will fall off because I didn’t think I did that bad.
    Day 28: Sat: 2/26: 211.4- great end to the week!
    4th Week Goal Weight: 212lb
    4th Week Actual Weight: 211.4
    4th week loss: 5.0

Day 29: Sun: 2/27: 210.4
    Day 30: Mon: 2/28: 210
    Day 31: Tues: 3/1: 210
    Day 32: Wed: 3/2: 209.4
    Day 33: Thurs: 3/3: 208.6
    Day 34: Fri: 3/4: 207.6
    Day 35: Sat: 3/5: 206.6

5th Week Goal Weight: 208.5
    5th Week Actual Weight: 206.6
    Total challenge loss: 9.8

Day 36: Sun, 3/6:

6th Week Goal Weight: 204
    6th Week Actual Weight:

@dawnbgethealthy i wish I had the formula.. lots of salads and grilled chicken 😀😀
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,962 Member
    @Lilylady3k
    I am curious to know what is eliminated during lent. (I suppose that I could Google lol). It is for 6 weeks? What do you eliminate besides alcohol?
    I am not religious, but am interested all religions.
    My Hindu friends and co-worker girls do the goddess fast twice per year. They eliminate certain foods and ramp up others.
    Muslims do Ramadan, Jewish people eat certain foods during Satyr and do Yom Kippur, Buddhists have nothing to eat after noon each day for like 18 days. I know some people that don't eat meat on Fridays. I used to work with a Sikh girl, they don't fast, but practice moderation, never eating too quickly, and avoiding gluttony in all things, not just food.
    All are for spiritual purposes, cleansing and purification.
    So, people from all sorts of cultures do this several times per year.
    I am doing it to reset my patterns and habits, also to figure out afterward as I begin to reintroduce things how they affect not only my body, but also my energy levels and general feelings of well being. The upside could be more awareness, such as those who are doing it for that purpose. Mostly I just want my internal organs to work better.
    I am fascinated by this practice that dates back thousands and thousands of years.
    I would love to hear your thoughts.

@dawnbgethealthy -
    Roman Catholics (age 14+) must fast and abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday, Wednesday, March 2, 2022 and Good Friday, April 15, 2022. Additionally, they must abstain from meat on all Fridays during Lent. This is the only requirement for abstinence.
    Usually fish/seafood is okay on Fridays hence the Knights of Columbus fish fry traditions at the various churches as fund raisers.

The tradition of “giving something up” for Lent is a tradition but not Catholic law. It is a personal decision usually to improve your life in some way. Examples: giving up chocolate or alcohol or cokes/sodas, etc. But others might decide to do something positive instead of giving up they might add exercise, service to others, spring clean, drink more water.

I'm focused on getting back to my walking routine ... 100 miles each month and journaling every day and my strength training class in person at least once per week. DH gave up alcohol (that is his bad habit) so I'm supporting him but obviously slipped on that one last night when he ordered a glass I did as well. What I really gave up and forcing myself to do it ... is that really bad habit I started last Oct of picking up a Snickers at checkout at the grocery story.
  • Lilylady3k
    edited March 2022
    100 Days of Accountability 1/30-5/9
    I need to quit losing the same pounds over and over. If you are tired of starting over, STOP giving up.

Female, Age 61, 5’3”
    Challenge Starting Weight: 212 (1/29)
    Challenge Goal: <200
    History & Goals
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in day out.
    Ultimate Lifetime Goal: Weigh Less Each Year Than the Last
    2019 SW: 245 BMI 43.4 (1/2/2019) Lost 15 lbs in 2019 then regained 5
    2020 SW: 235 BMI 41.6 (1/1/2020) Then back up to 241 before refocusing in Aug
    2021 SW: 212 BMI 37.6 (1/1/2021) NOTE: Low 201.1 in August 2021
    2022 SW: 209 BMI 37.0 (1/1/2022)
    UGW: 165 BMI 29.2 Overweight NOT Obese
    🎯 Mini Goals & Weight:
    * Prior to Oct roadtrip damage: 205
    * 50 lbs lost never to be found: 195
    * Obese stage 1 BMI 34.9: 197
    * Onederland: 199

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's

My goal for 2022 is to get into ONEderland and make it stick. Changing my life.
    Plans:
    🔹Find workout routine that works (walk, bike, planks, yoga, swim, strength training, take advantage of retirement to be more active); target walking 100 miles each month
    🔹Drink more water (target min 64-80 oz daily; start with 1 glass before coffee)
    🔹Journal Food Daily (tracking with MFP since 12/28/2018; basically skipped June-Dec 2019; recommit 1/1/2020; skipped out April-July 2020; recommit 8/6/2020)
    🔹Daily Vitamins (Dr’s orders; need to not ignore)
    🔹Drink less alcohol (3 AF days per week; ~12-16 AF days per month; limit 1-2 glasses per day)

Day/Weight/Previous Day’s Comment
    Day 1: Sun, 1/30: 211.4 Walked 3.9 miles, 1823 cal (-99 red), 100 net carbs, 2 glasses wine.
    Highly recommend this recipe for a London Broil. I cooked it twice now ... in the oven and grilled and both turn out great. Love the marinade (2-12 hrs). I used Tamari (Japanese form of soy sauce) instead of the Coconut Aminos. Think I’m going to try the marinade out on chicken next.
    https://www.wholesomeyum.com/london-broil/#What_Is_London_Broil
    Day 2: Mon, 1/31: 210.1 Walked 3 miles, 1763 cal (-112 red), 65 net carbs, 3 glasses wine. The above marinade works wonders with chicken legs! Completed menu plan and grocery list for this week. Also prepped the Unit 1 for volunteer teaching ESL/LEM (Learn English Ministry).Day 3: Tues, 2/1: 210.2 Rain so no walk, Strength Training 1 hr, 1867 cal (-350 red), 51 net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Successful grocery shopping trip this morning led to following through with my menu planning for lunch & dinner! BONUS: I did NOT pick up a Snickers at the checkout when grocery shopping.
    Day 4: Wed, 2/2: 211.8 Walked 1.5 miles, 2082 cal (-575 red), 164 net carbs, 2 glasses wine + bourbon & diet sprite. Skipped strength training class since I’m teaching English on Tues & Thurs mornings now. I need to find a new exercise schedule that works! Loved my new photography with the cell phone class! Great plan for both lunch & dinner. HOWEVER, the community center gave me a box of fried rice, egg roll and fortune cookie to celebrate lunar new year when I went to class. I took it home and added it to our dinner … which took me into the red for the day.
    Day 5: Thurs, 2/3: 212.2 Walked 1.3 miles, 2033 cal (-569 red), 71 net carbs, Torchy’s Tini. Crazy day driving up early after not sleeping well to babysit granddaughter while my DIL went to doctor, both lunch & dinner dined out, no real exercise … short walk but skipped my strength training class in the evening because I was exhausted. Terrible excuses and the number on the scale is a reflection of my poor choices.
    Day 6: Fri, 2/4: 210.1 Walked 1.3 miles, 1690 cal (-199 red), 63 net carbs, 1 bourbon & diet sprite. Watched the 2007 movie Waitress on Amazon. Then watched on YouTube the Sara Bareilles concert What’s Inside - Songs From Waitress (music she created for the broadway play). It really gave insight to songs that I’ve heard her sing but didn’t know the background.
    Cold for us in Houston this morning. 29degress wet weather so schools are closed for the day.
    Day 7: Sat, 2/5: 209.9 No walk, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, 1 glass wine. Dinner at my daughter’s home. Requested to bring dessert so made lemon raspberry cupcakes for Fri & Sat night.

1st Week Goal Weight: <210
    1st Week Actual Weight:209.9
    1st Week Weight Loss: 2.1
    Cold & wet weather kept me from exercising as much plus the volunteer teaching that overlaps with my exercise class. But those are just excuses … I can do much better with the meals, snacks and exercise. No choice on the meals Fri & Sat night but I did do well with portion control! I was the only one that didn’t go back for seconds.

Day 8: Sun, 2/6: 211.0 Walked 3.3 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 1 blackberry liquor w/ club soda + 1 glass wine. Lunch at restaurant and then dinner at our friend’s home.
    Day 9: Mon, 2/7: 212.1 Walked 3 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. All the lemon raspberry cupcakes are now consumed! That was a yummy but terrible diet killer. Ate ~2-3 each day … Fri, Sat & Sun. Tried out a fun recipe Supreme Pizza (no crust) in a cast iron skillet. DH loved it too. I used Italian sausage instead of hamburger. https://lowcarbquick.com/deep-dish-pizza-casserole-keto
    Day 10: Tues, 2/8: 212.1 Walked 1 mile, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Accomplished a lot of to dos that have been on my list for a month … serviced car, submitted paperwork to HOA for window & siding replacement, dog to vet, etc etc.
    Day 11: Wed, 2/9: 212.4 Walked 2.9 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 1 glass wine.
    Day 12: Thurs, 2/10: 211.4 Walked 2.3 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Lunch w/ DD. Purchased way too many cookies at the bakery and the grocery store! What was I thinking? Ate at least half a dozen.
    Day 13: Fri, 2/11: 211.9 Walked 2.9 + .8 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Outside of volunteer teaching English … what did I accomplish? Definitely ate the rest of the cookies which was not helpful!
    Day 14: Sat, 2/12: 213.3 Strength Training 1 hr, No walk … lunch with DD, DIL and granddaughter, late afternoon drive with DH & our dog with the windows down on a beautiful day, happy hour glass of wine at 4pm and people watched. Too many snacks in the evening and not enough will power … total wine for the day 4 glasses.

2nd Week Goal Weight: <210
    2ndWeek Actual Weight: 213.3
    2nd Week Weight GAIN: 3.4
    The I don't give a dxxx attitude has got to stop. No more buying bakery cookies and eating a dozen. No more gobbling down chips at lunch and then snacking on them after dinner too. Eating out almost every day is also killing my good intentions. Mentally I'm a mess when it comes to wanting to lose the weight and it shows on the scale. I've gained back everything I lost in 2021.
    Made my menu for this week. Plan to grocery shop today and put healthier items in the pantry. Also need to get back to more exercise ... slacking off on the walking because I'm driving into town more often to meet up with my daughter and daughter-in-law for lunch multiple days. No excuse ... I could still walk on these days.

Day 15: Sun: 2/13: 213.0 No exercise but busy all day meal planning, groceries, making decorations for baby shower, reading, visiting, etc. ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine.
    Day 16: Mon: 2/14: 212.1 Walked 2.8 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, AF. Super Bowl and did fairly well food wise … since I brought the veggies & dips and boiled shrimp. Dinner grilled hamburger no bun.
    Day 17: Tues: 2/15: 213.5 Walked 1.2 miles, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, 1 glass wine.
    Day 18: Wed: 2/16: 210.5 SICK (sinus infection tested negative for covid) all day Tuesday. No exercise. Lots of sleep. ? cal, ? net carbs, AF.
    Day 19: Thurs: 2/17: 211.0 Walked .9 miles. Started my normal walk but then it started to rain. ? cal, ? net carbs, 1 margarita. Worked on my long to do list and led book club at a new restaurant we wanted to try out. Mexican food and it looks like it will be a popular place for our group in the future.
    Day 20: Fri: 2/18: 211.9 Walked 2.9 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Not a great eating day. Frozen pizza for lunch and then a pot pie for dinner. I did snack on bell pepper strips and carrots with black bean hummus as a snack.
    Day 21: Sat: 2/19: 211.4 No walk, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. My son & DIL drove in from Austin to show us their new puppy. So much energy and you have to watch them all the time. But it was a wonderful socialization & intro to another dog since ours is calm and loving. They got a doberman w/ floppy ears and we have a standard poodle. Explosion of toys everywhere!

3rd Week Goal Weight: < 210
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 211.4
    3rd Week Weight Loss: 1.9

Day 22: Sun: 2/20: 212.1 Walked 2.9 + 1.3 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Completely lost my voice due to sinus infection. Took another covid PCR like test using CUE to ensure that DH and I do not have covid before leaving this morning to Baton Rouge. Did not want to expose everyone since there will be 3 sets of great grandparents, 3 sets of grandparents and lots of children under age 9 at the baptism.
    Day 23: Mon: 2/21: DNW No exercise. Travel day for granddaughter’s baptism in Baton Rouge. Lots of cookies. 1 Bloody Mary @ brunch; 2 wine @ dinner
    Day 24: Tues: 2/22: 213.8 Walked 2.8 miles, missed my Strength Training class since travel day. AF at book club in the evening but ate the entire meal and did not half it like I should. Still suffering from sinus infection. :(
    Day 25: Wed: 2/23: DNW Walked .6 miles. AF! Taught class with very little vocal … which really makes it difficult for the adult students to understand me in the Learn English Ministry. Today we get my daughter’s dogs (2 golden doodles) while she and her husband go on vacation to celebrate her 30th birthday. How/When did I get old enough to have kids in their 30s? No getting enough sleep. This past week with the sinuses has made it very difficult to lie down and sleep. I’m a walking zombie and very much out of my routine of meal planning and exercise.
    Day 26: Thurs: 2/24: 112.4 No exercise … cold outside and now I have 3 large dogs which is harder to walk by myself. EXCUSES! Worked a hard puzzle all day that has been on my dining room table since Christmas. I gave myself a goal to finish it this week. I should give myself a few other health related goals! AF!
    Day 27: Fri: 2/25: 213.4 Walked 1.2 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, AF. Bundled up … DH & I got out and walked the 3 dogs :) Teaching ESL and working my puzzle. I called in reinforcements to help with the puzzle .. bribed my sister with red beans & rice + corn bread. Watched Free Guy on Disney. That was a fun movie.
    Day 28: Sat: 2/26: 212.4 Walked 1.2 miles, Strength Training 1 hr, 2 wine.

4th Week Goal Weight: <210
    4th Week Actual Weight: 212.4
    4th Week Weight GAIN: 1

Day 29: Sun, 2/27: 213.4 Walked 1.3 miles, AF.
    Day 30: Mon, 2/28: 215.8 Walked 1.7, miles, AF. Made cookies Sunday and DH & I ate them ALL on Sunday and Monday. Self sabotage!
    Day 31: Tues, 3/1: 215.4 Walked 2.9 miles, Strength Training 1 hr, 2 wine.
    Day 32: Wed, 3/2: 215.0 Walked 1.7 + 1 miles, 3 wine celebrating Mardi Gras.
    Day 33: Thurs, 3/3: 214.1 Walked 3 + 3.2 miles, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, AF.
    For Lent I’m committed to walk 100 miles in March (usual target but I’ve not done it since October), 1 strength training class in person and 1-2 virtual classes per week, no alcohol, journal my food, water over diet cokes, and NO snickers at the grocery store!
    Day 34: Fri, 3/4: 215.2 Walked 1 + 1.3 miles, gardened, 1759 cal (-180 red), 77 net carbs, AF. Went to the grocery store twice today and did NOT buy a snickers. The desire was there but my promise to myself won out.
    Day 35: Sat, 3/5: 214.2 Walked 1.8 + .7 + .7 miles, Strength Training 1 hr, 1637 cal (-337 red), 160 net carbs, AF. Need to start drinking more water! I’ve not had a Diet Coke but still only getting around 60oz water … need to up that game!
    5th Week Goal Weight: < 214
    5th Week Actual Weight: 214.2
    5th Week Weight GAIN: 1.8

Day 36: Sun, 3/6: 214.1 Walked 3 + 1.2 +.7 miles, 16500 steps, 1678 cal (170 green ), 110 net carbs, 1 wine. LSU baseball game in Minute Maid Stadium. Focusing this week on journaling everything and drinking more water … creating those good habits that lead to success. Oh grocery store and no snickers when I checked out! That is 3 trips to the grocery store in 2 days. I really had a conversation (battle) going in my head but I've passed on the snickers so far this week.
    6th Week Goal Weight: <213
    6th Week Actual Weight:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,267 Member
    Challenge Starting Weight: 180
    Challenge Goal: 160
    Challenge Ending Weight:
    Total Weight Loss for Challenge:

Day 1: Sun, 1/30: 180
    Day 2: Mon, 1/31: 180.2
    Day 3: Tues, 2/1: 178
    Day 4: Wed, 2/2: 178.4
    Day 5: Thurs, 2/3: 179.2
    Day 6: Fri, 2/4: 179.6
    Day 7: Sat, 2/5: 179.8
    1st Week Goal Weight: 178.2
    1st Week Actual Weight: 179.8

Day 8: Sun, 2/6: 178.6
    Day 9: Mon, 2/7: 181.6
    Day 10: Tues, 2/8: 181
    Day 11: Wed, 2/9: 180.4
    Day 12: Thurs, 2/10: 177.8
    Day 13: Fri, 2/11: 178
    Day 14: Sat, 2/12: 176.2
    2nd Week Goal Weight: 178.8
    2nd Week Actual Weight: 176.2

Day 15: Sun: 2/13: 179.6
    Day 16: Mon: 2/14: 180.4
    Day 17: Tues: 2/15: 181
    Day 18: Wed: 2/16: 180
    Day 19: Thurs: 2/17: 179.8
    Day 20: Fri: 2/18: 180.2
    Day 21: Sat: 2/19: 180.2
    3rd Week Goal Weight: 175.6
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 180.2

Day 22: Sun: 2/20: 181.6
    Day 23: Mon: 2/21: 180.6
    Day 24: Tues: 2/22: 179.4
    Day 25: Wed: 2/23: 176.4
    Day 26: Thurs: 2/24: 177.2
    Day 27: Fri: 2/25: 176.6
    Day 28: Sat: 2/26: 176
    4th Week Goal Weight: 178.4
    4th Week Actual Weight: 176

Day 29: Sun: 2/27: 175.8
    Day 30: Mon: 2/28: 177.2
    Day 31: Tues: 3/1: 176.4
    Day 32: Wed: 3/2: 176.2
    Day 33: Thurs: 3/3: 176.4
    Day 34: Fri: 3/4: 173.4
    Day 35: Sat: 3/5: 174
    5th Week Goal Weight: 174.6
    5th Week Actual Weight: 174

Day 36: Sun: 3/6: 174
    Day 37: Mon: 3/7:
    Day 38: Tues: 3/8:
    Day 39: Wed: 3/9:
    Day 40: Thurs: 3/10:
    Day 41: Fri: 3/11:
    Day 42: Sat: 3/12:
    6th Week Goal Weight: 172.4
    6th Week Actual Weight:
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,892 Member
    100 Days of Weighing In ^^^^^ January 30, 2022 through May 9, 2022
    My Name is Donna, Age 61. I am 5’5” tall & I live in Northern Michigan USA

145320379.png

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

“We will encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” ~Maya Angelou

Starting Weight from End of Last Challenge: : 195.2

Day 01…..01/30….197.6…..(Trend weight 194.6)
    Day 02…..01/31…..197.0…..(Trend weight 194.9)

Day 03…..02/01…..197.0…..(Trend weight 195.1)
    Day 04…..02/02…..197.4…..(Trend weight 195.3)
    Day 05…..02/03…..195.8…..(Trend weight 195.4)
    Day 06…..02/04…..196.4…..(Trend weight 195.5)
    Day 07…..02/05…..196.4…..(Trend weight 195.6
    Day 08…..02/06…..194.6…..(Trend weight 195.5)
    Day 09…..02/07…..195.4…..(Trend weight 195.5)
    Day 10…..02/08…..193.4…..(Trend weight 195.3)
    Day 11…..02/09…..193.4…..(Trend weight 195.1
    Day 12…..02/10…..196.0…..(Trend weight 195.2)
    Day 13…..02/11…..194.8…..(Trend weight 195.1)
    Day 14…..02/12…..197.8…..(Trend weight 195.4)
    Day 15……02/13…..197.4….(Trend weight 195.6)
    Day 16…..02/14…..197.6…..(Trend weight 195.8)
    Day 17…..02/15…..196.0…..(Trend weight 195.8)
    Day 18…..02/16…..194.4…..(Trend weight 195.7)
    Day 19…..02/17…..196.0…..(Trend weight 195.7)
    Day 20…..02/18…..194.2…..(Trend weight 195.6)
    Day 21…..02/19…..194.4…..(Trend weight 195.4)
    Day 22…..02/20…..196.0…..(Trend weight 195.5)
    Day 23…..02/21…..196.0…..(Trend weight 195.6)
    Day 24…..02/22…..197.6…..(Trend weight 195.8)
    Day 25…..02/23…..196.4…..(Trend weight 195.8)

Day 26…..02/24…..198.0…..(Trend weight 196.0) Alarming! Looking back, yesterday was actually a pretty good day. Not perfect but pretty good all around. I’m truly not sure what happened. I’ll see what the scale tomorrow brings. And Water…..I have water. The new company responded quickly. It was expensive and there is no doubt I will need a new well at some point, but I’m going to make this nearly $3000.00 spent count for awhile. Happy camper here. Jury duty was cancelled for today. I’m not sure about tomorrow yet. I have to call the court house later.

Day 27…..02/25…..198.0…..(Trend weight 196.2) Bad day all around yesterday. Jury duty this morning.
    Day 28…..02/26…..196.2…..(Trend weight 196.2) Jury duty was cancelled after 2 hours yesterday when the defendant did not show up. Bench warrant issued. He said car broke down in another town and no where to get there. I guess he has been holding the court off for 1 ½ years and they are tired of it. I don’t know that I would have been picked. He was named and I know that it was a sexual abuse case between him (62+ year old man) and a 9 year old girl. He also forced his 11 year old son to abuse her as well. A horrific case on all counts. Lots of forensic evidence and his own two sons, now aged 12 1/2 and 9 are testifying against him as witnesses. It’s a small town. There are no secrets and These things are not tolerated. The last abuse case was a 30 yr old man with a 3 years old. He was given life in prison with no possibility of parole between all the charges they placed on him. This fella knows he’s in big trouble. I’m glad likely won’t have to be a part of it. I don’t need to know those details. I really struggle with things in regards to children and animals.

Day 29…..02/27…..197.0…..(Trend weight 196.4) Yesterday turned out to be a horrible day for me, but especially for everyone around me. It just feels like everything bad caught up to me. I had such a horrible sense of pressure and stress and took it out on nearly everyone. Last night, laden with guilt, I had mini food binges, couldn’t sleep, and this morning no TMI so I’m not surprised the scale is up. Guilt is heavy.

Day 30…..02/28…..198.2…..(Trend weight 196.5) A good day eating, a moderate day in exercise. I have out-of-town company visiting me and other family members in the area until next Monday. I’m not sure why the scale crept up. Probably lack of sleep (again) and stress from the past couple of days.

Weight Loss in February:……………….. 1.2 lb gain (all overnight)
    Total Accumulated Weight Loss….. 3.0 lb gain since challenge start

Day 31…..03/01…..196.6…..(Trend weight 196.5) I ate the same EXACT things as the day before but instead of a gain there was a loss. It’s a very strange fight that we fight! Keeping the faith!

Day 32…..03/02…..197.4…..(Trend weight 196.6) Late night snacks were over the top and just too much at once and at all. Well problems again today even with the new well pump. The pump was kicking on & off quickly when using water and grinding somewhat. Sounded bad and I knew it wasn’t right. I called the well company back and they said my bladder must be bad. I had a new one put in about a year ago but they said it is definitely bad. The hardware store ones (home depot etc) are just not good. Also, of course, they cannot warranty any but their own. They said they would give me a break and do it for $900.00. That will be between 3 and 4 thousand total on a too small well that will need to be replaced at some point. Why me? Did I stress eat last night or just crave eat? I dunno.

Day 33…..03/03…..196.2…..(Trend weight 196.6) The well company made an adjustment and we’re hoping the bladder is okay. So I didn’t have to put out the extra $900 yesterday. Let’s hope this works! An average day yesterday with food and exercise/movement yet there is a drop. I just keep bouncing back & forth and my inconsistencies are showing up on the scale with inconsistent weights. Perhaps that will speak to me loud enough. I did make a few better tweaks to my dinner but those night time snacks are just over the top.

Day 34…..03/04…..196.0…..(Trend weight 196.5) It was a horrible night last night due to my DGS (age 4) deciding to put us through Hell again. He gets hysterical and the screetching is ear piercing. When he decides he’s not going to bed, or that his TV should not go off, or that he shouldn’t even go upstairs at all, he is dead weight and I can’t tackle him and those stairs too! I was babysitting last night (after babysitting all day while she worked). I told her to go out and have a little fun. See a friend. Go out to dinner. She’s had a rough week herself. So she did. At bedtime (9:30) he decided that he was going to give me one of those nights that he gives me or her from time to time. I had to call my daughter but she was already on her way home and arrived 5 minutes later. A little stress eating later, I finally calmed down. I’m so glad the scale was okay today. I didn’t binge or anything. I just grabbed extra snacks that I didn’t need. We’ll see how the scale reacts in the coming days. My latest project is almost done. The next one will be much bigger than this last one that lasted only a couple of weeks. I’ll be prepping for that one soon. It will be aggravating and invasive, but well worth it in the end.

Day 35…..03/05…..198.2…..(Trend weight 196.7) A whole new level of stupid. Yes, I am talking about me! Meals were very good. Snacks were over-the-top and likely related to boredom as I finally had a bit of time to myself.

Day 36…..03/06…..197.0…..(Trend weight 196.7) My weight was sorta bouncing up & down on the scale from 197.0 to 197.4 but finally timed out on 197.0. It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. Clearly I am still going up & down so regularly that even my scale is confused (and that never happens!) Very low calorie burn yesterday due to online shopping all day. I’ll have to make an extra effort today to somehow get moving! Have a good Sunday everyone.

Day 37…..03/07…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 38…..03/08…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 39…..03/09…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 40…..03/10…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 41…..03/11…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 42…..03/12…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 43…..03/13…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 44…..03/14…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 45…..03/15…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 46…..03/16…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 47…..03/17…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 48…..03/18…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 49…..03/19…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 50…..03/20…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)

Halfway Progress Report: …..Pounds Lost so Far:

Day 51…..03/21…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 52…..03/22…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 53…..03/23…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 54…..03/24…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 55…..03/25…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 56…..03/26…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 57…..03/27…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 58…..03/28…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 59…..03/29…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 60…..03/30…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 61…..03/31…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)

Weight Loss in March:……………….. xxxxx
    Total Accumulated Weight Loss…..xxxxx

Day 62…..04/01…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 63…..04/02…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 64…..04/03…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 65…..04/04…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 66…..04/05…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 67…..04/06…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 68…..04/07…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 69…..04/08…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 70…..04/09…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 71…..04/10…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 72…..04/11…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 73…..04/12…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 74…..04/13…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 75…..04/14…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 76…..04/15…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 77…..04/16…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 78…..04/17…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 79…..04/18…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 80…..04/19…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 81…..04/20…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 82…..04/21…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 83…..04/22…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 84…..04/23…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 85…..04/24…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 86…..04/25…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 87…..04/26…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 88…..04/27…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 89…..04/28…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 90…..04/29…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 91…..04/30…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)

Weight Loss in April:……………….. xxxxx

Day 92…..05/01…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 93…..05/02…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 94…..05/03…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 95…..05/04…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 96…..05/05…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 97…..05/06…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 98…..05/07…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 99…..05/08…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)
    Day 100…..05/09…..(Final Weight In)……xxxxx……(trend weight xxxxx)

Weight Loss in May (partial month) ……………….. xxxxx

CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 195.2
    CHALLENGE ENDING WEIGHT:
    CHALLENGE GOAL: 10 pound loss to land at 185.2
    [/quote]

• dawnbgethealthy
    edited March 2022
    I am Dawn.
    Time to turn that around

61 years old, 5'2"
    Highest weight 207

Day 29: Sun: 2/27: 140.8 - I feel like less than that, but it was an extremely early weigh in.

Day 30: Mon: 2/28: Day 1 of my 7 day cleanse 141.4 - Highest since September 2020. Looking forward to seeing how my body responds to eliminating a few things. No cream in my coffee this morning.
    Day 31: Tues: 3/1: Day 2 of my 7 day cleanse - 138.2 - I added cinnamon to my coffee brew this morning, of course I would rather have cream. No bloating after coffee yesterday like I am used to. It is only day 2, so far that is the only thing that I have noticed.
    Day 32: Wed: 3/2: Day 3 of my 7 day cleanse - 137.0 - Although it has been 11 years since I last did this cleanse (which I used to do twice per year) I am remembering things about it. Day 5 is usually when I start to feel the effects. My MFP tracker shows a marked increase in my fibre intake which was dismally low, so that is good for the organs.
    Day 33: Thurs: 3/3: Day 4 of my 7 day cleanse - 137.2 - I put some cinnamon into the basket of the coffee maker yesterday and today because I was missing my morning cream in my coffee. Actually pretty good. Had to change up my snacks. Almonds are an 80% item, but really high in calorie. Good calories I guess, I measured them into little 100 cal containers. I like peanuts, but they or their oils are a no-no for the duration of this.
    Day 34: Fri: 3/4: Day 5 of my 7 day cleanse - 136.8 - Day 5 is usually the day that I start to feel effects from this. It is herbs and diet change, so it doesn't happen overnight. Settling in to the new eating regime, and hope to not miss certain things over the coming days. I am making my brown rice concoctions as delicious as I can with spices and stuff.
    Day 35: Sat: 3/5: Day 6 of my 7 day cleanse - 135.8 - Without all of the additives, sugars and stuff I am hard pressed to eat enough calories. I am getting them in though. One piece of cheesecake is worth like 1,000 calories, but that is a heck of a lot of brown rice and veggies!

Excess calories in the Green on the MFP tracker: 5074 - My usual activity, but less calories in since it is really tough to get more calories when we are eating "clean".

Day 36: Sun, 3/6: Day 7 of my cleanse - 135.6 - I have ran out of the herbs (in capsules) that go along with the cleanse, but I am going to keep it up for a couple more days since I have lots still prepped. I had some sugar free jello last night, which has aspartame in it so it might be a no-no, but I couldn't find it on any list of "don't eat" foods. Nice to have after dinner while watching TV, it takes a long time to eat with a teaspoon. Unsweetened almond milk added to my cinnamon coffee this morning. Still not cream, but okay I guess. That is the one thing that I am missing the most, but I am not going to buy any just yet. I do feel better (especially my arthritic fingers) from the cleanse so far, but think that I could feel even better so am extending it.

6th Week Goal Weight: 132
    6th Week Actual Weight:

• dawnbgethealthy
    Every once in a while I post some fun workouts that I get in here and there during my day.
    Sometimes at work at the restaurant when there are no customers back by the staff table off of my phone.
    I like them best on my big TV, but when I travel I do them from my laptop computer.
    I am on my computer for my other job and also many other online things like shopping, Googling, chatting with (or writing to) friends that don't live here. I try to set a timer for 55 minutes and do at least one song.

I did a few new ones this morning and they were totally fun.

These 2 have guests. I love it when they bring in a guess

Closer by Saweetie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD-bffWk_Lw

And this one has a drag queen dancing with them!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcbDn_7DHvU

I am hoping for @deepwoodslady to get another small 3 minute break to try them. : - ) Nice to have someone that likes dancing as much as I do : - )
  • kramereh

Week 1- missed
    Week 2- missed
    Week 3- missed

Day 24: Tues: 2/22: 213.2- yesterday was off since I barely slept and then yesterday I had a salad for lunch and went to bed after work without dinner since I was so tired.
    Day 27: Fri: 2/25: 213- had a girls night and getting back into the groove. Hoping most will fall off because I didn’t think I did that bad.

Day 36: Sun, 3/6: 206

6th Week Actual Weight:

Total challenge loss: 10
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,752 Member
    I'm in. I'm Chris. I live in northern California.
    71 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Highest Weight: 192.2
    Challenge Starting Weight: 149.2
    Challenge Goal: 135
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130.0
    Day 01 - 01/30 - 149.2 at 8:15 a.m. ...7.05 miles in 121 mins
    Day 02 - 01/31 - 147.3 at 7:30 a.m. ...rest day
    Day 03 - 02/01 - 148.5 at 5:30 a.m. ...6.25 miles in 109 mins
    Day 04 - 02/02 - 145.8 at 5:30 a.m. ...rest day
    Day 05 - 02/03 - 147.3 at 5:30 a.m. ...7.37 miles in 133 mins
    Day 06 - 02/04 - 147.8 at 5:30 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 07 - 02/05 - 146.9 at 6:00 a.m. ...7.22 miles in 125 mins
    1st Week Goal Weight - 145.9
    1st Week Actual Weight - 146.9
    Day 08 - 02/06 - 148.3 at 8:00 a.m. ...7.25 miles in 133 mins
    Day 09 - 02/07 - 148.2 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 10 - 02/08 - 148.3 at 5:30 a.m. ...rest day
    Day 11 - 02/09 - 147.5 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 12 - 02/10 - 148.8 at 5:30 a.m. ...7.12 miles in 124 mins
    Day 13 - 02/11 - 148.5 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 14 - 02/12 - 146.8 at 6:00 a.m. ...6.19 miles in 108 mins
    2nd Week Goal Weight - 145.9
    2nd Week Actual Weight - 146.8
    Day 15 - 02/13 - 147.7 at 8:45 a.m. ...6.46 miles in 119 mins
    Day 16 - 02/14 - 147.8 at 8:15 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 17 - 02/15 - 147.6 at 5:30 a.m. ...rest day
    Day 18 - 02/16 - 149.7 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 19 - 02/17 - 149.9 at 5:30 a.m. ...5.72 miles in 98 mins
    Day 20 - 02/18 - 150.6 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 21 - 02/19 - 150.3 at 6:00 a.m. ...7.72 miles in 168 mins
    3rd Week Goal Weight - 145.9
    3rd Week Actual Weight - 150.3
    Day 22 - 02/20 - 149.1 at 8:15 a.m. ...7.35 miles in 154 mins
    Day 23 - 02/21 - 147.0 at 7:15 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 24 - 02/22 - 148.7 at 5:30 a.m. ...5.47 miles in 97 mins
    Day 25 - 02/23 - 146.9 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 26 - 02/24 - 147.5 at 5:30 a.m. ...rest day
    Day 27 - 02/25 - 145.7 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 28 - 02/26 - 146.0 at 6:00 a.m. ...hair cut day!!
    4th Week Goal Weight - 147.0
    4th Week Actual Weight - 146.0
    Day 29 - 02/27 - 147.8 at 9:00 a.m. ...7.42 miles in 135 mins
    Day 30 - 02/28 - 147.8 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Weight Loss in February - .70
    Total Accumulated Weight Loss - 1.40
    Day 31 - 03/01 - 148.4 at 5:30 a.m. ...7.02 miles in 126 mins
    Day 32 - 03/02 - 149.0 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 33 - 03/03 - 149.2 at 6:30 a.m. ...rest day
    Day 34 - 03/04 - 150.0 at 6:30 a.m. ...rest day
    Day 35 - 03/05 - 152.1 at 8:15 a.m. ...7.38 miles in 128 mins
    5th Week Goal Weight - 146.0
    5th Week Actual Weight - 152.1
    Day 36 - 03/06 - 149.3 at 8:30 a.m. ...9.53 miles in 183 mins
    Day 37 - 03/07 -
    Day 38 - 03/08 -
    Day 39 - 03/09 -
    Day 40 - 03/10 -
    Day 41 - 03/11 -
    Day 42 - 03/12 -

Chris
  • Lilylady3k
    I need to quit losing the same pounds over and over. If you are tired of starting over, STOP giving up.

Female, Age 61, 5’3”
    History & Goals
    🎯 Mini Goals & Weight:

Plans:
    🔹Find workout routine that works (walk, bike, planks, yoga, swim, strength training, take advantage of retirement to be more active); target walking 100 miles each month
    🔹Journal Food Daily (tracking with MFP since 12/28/2018; basically skipped June-Dec 2019; recommit 1/1/2020; skipped out April-July 2020; recommit 8/6/2020)
    🔹Drink less alcohol (3 AF days per week; ~12-16 AF days per month; limit 1-2 glasses per day)

Day 1: Sun, 1/30: 211.4 Walked 3.9 miles, 1823 cal (-99 red), 100 net carbs, 2 glasses wine.
    Highly recommend this recipe for a London Broil. I cooked it twice now ... in the oven and grilled and both turn out great. Love the marinade (2-12 hrs). I used Tamari (Japanese form of soy sauce) instead of the Coconut Aminos. Think I’m going to try the marinade out on chicken next.
    Day 2: Mon, 1/31: 210.1 Walked 3 miles, 1763 cal (-112 red), 65 net carbs, 3 glasses wine. The above marinade works wonders with chicken legs! Completed menu plan and grocery list for this week. Also prepped the Unit 1 for volunteer teaching ESL/LEM (Learn English Ministry).Day 3: Tues, 2/1: 210.2 Rain so no walk, Strength Training 1 hr, 1867 cal (-350 red), 51 net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Successful grocery shopping trip this morning led to following through with my menu planning for lunch & dinner! BONUS: I did NOT pick up a Snickers at the checkout when grocery shopping.
    Day 4: Wed, 2/2: 211.8 Walked 1.5 miles, 2082 cal (-575 red), 164 net carbs, 2 glasses wine + bourbon & diet sprite. Skipped strength training class since I’m teaching English on Tues & Thurs mornings now. I need to find a new exercise schedule that works! Loved my new photography with the cell phone class! Great plan for both lunch & dinner. HOWEVER, the community center gave me a box of fried rice, egg roll and fortune cookie to celebrate lunar new year when I went to class. I took it home and added it to our dinner … which took me into the red for the day.
    Day 5: Thurs, 2/3: 212.2 Walked 1.3 miles, 2033 cal (-569 red), 71 net carbs, Torchy’s Tini. Crazy day driving up early after not sleeping well to babysit granddaughter while my DIL went to doctor, both lunch & dinner dined out, no real exercise … short walk but skipped my strength training class in the evening because I was exhausted. Terrible excuses and the number on the scale is a reflection of my poor choices.
    Day 6: Fri, 2/4: 210.1 Walked 1.3 miles, 1690 cal (-199 red), 63 net carbs, 1 bourbon & diet sprite. Watched the 2007 movie Waitress on Amazon. Then watched on YouTube the Sara Bareilles concert What’s Inside - Songs From Waitress (music she created for the broadway play). It really gave insight to songs that I’ve heard her sing but didn’t know the background.
    Cold for us in Houston this morning. 29degress wet weather so schools are closed for the day.
    Day 7: Sat, 2/5: 209.9 No walk, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, 1 glass wine. Dinner at my daughter’s home. Requested to bring dessert so made lemon raspberry cupcakes for Fri & Sat night.

Cold & wet weather kept me from exercising as much plus the volunteer teaching that overlaps with my exercise class. But those are just excuses … I can do much better with the meals, snacks and exercise. No choice on the meals Fri & Sat night but I did do well with portion control! I was the only one that didn’t go back for seconds.

Day 8: Sun, 2/6: 211.0 Walked 3.3 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 1 blackberry liquor w/ club soda + 1 glass wine. Lunch at restaurant and then dinner at our friend’s home.
    Day 9: Mon, 2/7: 212.1 Walked 3 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. All the lemon raspberry cupcakes are now consumed! That was a yummy but terrible diet killer. Ate ~2-3 each day … Fri, Sat & Sun. Tried out a fun recipe Supreme Pizza (no crust) in a cast iron skillet. DH loved it too. I used Italian sausage instead of hamburger. https://lowcarbquick.com/deep-dish-pizza-casserole-keto
    Day 10: Tues, 2/8: 212.1 Walked 1 mile, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Accomplished a lot of to dos that have been on my list for a month … serviced car, submitted paperwork to HOA for window & siding replacement, dog to vet, etc etc.
    Day 12: Thurs, 2/10: 211.4 Walked 2.3 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Lunch w/ DD. Purchased way too many cookies at the bakery and the grocery store! What was I thinking? Ate at least half a dozen.
    Day 13: Fri, 2/11: 211.9 Walked 2.9 + .8 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Outside of volunteer teaching English … what did I accomplish? Definitely ate the rest of the cookies which was not helpful!
    Day 14: Sat, 2/12: 213.3 Strength Training 1 hr, No walk … lunch with DD, DIL and granddaughter, late afternoon drive with DH & our dog with the windows down on a beautiful day, happy hour glass of wine at 4pm and people watched. Too many snacks in the evening and not enough will power … total wine for the day 4 glasses.

The I don't give a dxxx attitude has got to stop. No more buying bakery cookies and eating a dozen. No more gobbling down chips at lunch and then snacking on them after dinner too. Eating out almost every day is also killing my good intentions. Mentally I'm a mess when it comes to wanting to lose the weight and it shows on the scale. I've gained back everything I lost in 2021.
    Made my menu for this week. Plan to grocery shop today and put healthier items in the pantry. Also need to get back to more exercise ... slacking off on the walking because I'm driving into town more often to meet up with my daughter and daughter-in-law for lunch multiple days. No excuse ... I could still walk on these days.

Day 15: Sun: 2/13: 213.0 No exercise but busy all day meal planning, groceries, making decorations for baby shower, reading, visiting, etc. ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine.
    Day 16: Mon: 2/14: 212.1 Walked 2.8 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, AF. Super Bowl and did fairly well food wise … since I brought the veggies & dips and boiled shrimp. Dinner grilled hamburger no bun.
    Day 17: Tues: 2/15: 213.5 Walked 1.2 miles, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, 1 glass wine.
    Day 18: Wed: 2/16: 210.5 SICK (sinus infection tested negative for covid) all day Tuesday. No exercise. Lots of sleep. ? cal, ? net carbs, AF.
    Day 19: Thurs: 2/17: 211.0 Walked .9 miles. Started my normal walk but then it started to rain. ? cal, ? net carbs, 1 margarita. Worked on my long to do list and led book club at a new restaurant we wanted to try out. Mexican food and it looks like it will be a popular place for our group in the future.
    Day 20: Fri: 2/18: 211.9 Walked 2.9 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Not a great eating day. Frozen pizza for lunch and then a pot pie for dinner. I did snack on bell pepper strips and carrots with black bean hummus as a snack.
    Day 21: Sat: 2/19: 211.4 No walk, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. My son & DIL drove in from Austin to show us their new puppy. So much energy and you have to watch them all the time. But it was a wonderful socialization & intro to another dog since ours is calm and loving. They got a doberman w/ floppy ears and we have a standard poodle. Explosion of toys everywhere!

Day 22: Sun: 2/20: 212.1 Walked 2.9 + 1.3 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Completely lost my voice due to sinus infection. Took another covid PCR like test using CUE to ensure that DH and I do not have covid before leaving this morning to Baton Rouge. Did not want to expose everyone since there will be 3 sets of great grandparents, 3 sets of grandparents and lots of children under age 9 at the baptism.
    Day 23: Mon: 2/21: DNW No exercise. Travel day for granddaughter’s baptism in Baton Rouge. Lots of cookies. 1 Bloody Mary @ brunch; 2 wine @ dinner
    Day 24: Tues: 2/22: 213.8 Walked 2.8 miles, missed my Strength Training class since travel day. AF at book club in the evening but ate the entire meal and did not half it like I should. Still suffering from sinus infection. :(
    Day 25: Wed: 2/23: DNW Walked .6 miles. AF! Taught class with very little vocal … which really makes it difficult for the adult students to understand me in the Learn English Ministry. Today we get my daughter’s dogs (2 golden doodles) while she and her husband go on vacation to celebrate her 30th birthday. How/When did I get old enough to have kids in their 30s? No getting enough sleep. This past week with the sinuses has made it very difficult to lie down and sleep. I’m a walking zombie and very much out of my routine of meal planning and exercise.
    Day 26: Thurs: 2/24: 112.4 No exercise … cold outside and now I have 3 large dogs which is harder to walk by myself. EXCUSES! Worked a hard puzzle all day that has been on my dining room table since Christmas. I gave myself a goal to finish it this week. I should give myself a few other health related goals! AF!
    Day 27: Fri: 2/25: 213.4 Walked 1.2 miles, ? cal, ? net carbs, AF. Bundled up … DH & I got out and walked the 3 dogs :) Teaching ESL and working my puzzle. I called in reinforcements to help with the puzzle .. bribed my sister with red beans & rice + corn bread. Watched Free Guy on Disney. That was a fun movie.

Day 30: Mon, 2/28: 215.8 Walked 1.7, miles, AF. Made cookies Sunday and DH & I ate them ALL on Sunday and Monday. Self sabotage!
    Day 32: Wed, 3/2: 215.0 Walked 1.7 + 1 miles, 3 wine celebrating Mardi Gras.
    Day 33: Thurs, 3/3: 214.1 Walked 3 + 3.2 miles, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, AF.
    For Lent I’m committed to walk 100 miles in March (usual target but I’ve not done it since October), 1 strength training class in person and 1-2 virtual classes per week, no alcohol, journal my food, water over diet cokes, and NO snickers at the grocery store!
    Day 34: Fri, 3/4: 215.2 Walked 1 + 1.3 miles, gardened, 1759 cal (-180 red), 77 net carbs, AF. Went to the grocery store twice today and did NOT buy a snickers. The desire was there but my promise to myself won out.
    Day 35: Sat, 3/5: 214.2 Walked 1.8 + .7 + .7 miles, Strength Training 1 hr, 1637 cal (-337 red), 160 net carbs, AF. Need to start drinking more water! I’ve not had a Diet Coke but still only getting around 60oz water … need to up that game!

Day 36: Sun, 3/6: 214.1 Walked 3 + 1.2 +.7 miles, 16500 steps, 1678 cal (170 green ), 110 net carbs, 1 wine. LSU baseball game in Minute Maid Stadium. Focusing this week on journaling everything and drinking more water … creating those good habits that lead to success. Oh grocery store and no snickers when I checked out! That is 3 trips to the grocery store in 2 days. I really had a conversation (battle) going in my head but I've passed on the snickers so far this week.
    Day 37: Mon, 3/7: 215.5 Walked 1.8 miles through River Oaks neighborhood on the Azalea Trail event with my daughter and her mother inlaw. 1934 cal (-476 red), 113 net carbs, AF. Large BBQ dinner for my son, his wife & my sister … way too full. On top of that my daughter gave us lots of cake leftover from her crawfish boil … which I regret eating.
    6th Week Actual Weight:
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn.
    Time to turn that around

61 years old, 5'2"
    Highest weight 207

Excess calories in the Green on the MFP tracker: 5074 - My usual activity, but less calories in since it is really tough to get more calories when we are eating "clean".

Day 36: Sun, 3/6: Day 7 of my cleanse - 135.6 - I have ran out of the herbs (in capsules) that go along with the cleanse, but I am going to keep it up for a couple more days since I have lots still prepped. I had some sugar free jello last night, which has aspartame in it so it might be a no-no, but I couldn't find it on any list of "don't eat" foods. Nice to have after dinner while watching TV, it takes a long time to eat with a teaspoon. Unsweetened almond milk added to my cinnamon coffee this morning. Still not cream, but okay I guess. That is the one thing that I am missing the most, but I am not going to buy any just yet. I do feel better (especially my arthritic fingers) from the cleanse so far, but think that I could feel even better so am extending it.
    Day 37: Mon, 3/7: 136.0 - I ran out of the encapsulated herbs that I was using for the cleanse a couple of days ago, but I have lots of food prepped still, so will stay with the eating plan for now although I am planning one small change, cream in my coffee tomorrow morning. Also, I think that I will get some bananas which were not to be consumed. I have upped my Magnesium supplement, but only bananas really prevent me from night leg cramps. Today will be untouched, would be day 8.

6th Week Actual Weight:

• deepwoodslady

145320379.png

Day 26…..02/24…..198.0…..(Trend weight 196.0) Alarming! Looking back, yesterday was actually a pretty good day. Not perfect but pretty good all around. I’m truly not sure what happened. I’ll see what the scale tomorrow brings. And Water…..I have water. The new company responded quickly. It was expensive and there is no doubt I will need a new well at some point, but I’m going to make this nearly $3000.00 spent count for awhile. Happy camper here. Jury duty was cancelled for today. I’m not sure about tomorrow yet. I have to call the court house later.

Day 27…..02/25…..198.0…..(Trend weight 196.2) Bad day all around yesterday. Jury duty this morning.
    Day 28…..02/26…..196.2…..(Trend weight 196.2) Jury duty was cancelled after 2 hours yesterday when the defendant did not show up. Bench warrant issued. He said car broke down in another town and no where to get there. I guess he has been holding the court off for 1 ½ years and they are tired of it. I don’t know that I would have been picked. He was named and I know that it was a sexual abuse case between him (62+ year old man) and a 9 year old girl. He also forced his 11 year old son to abuse her as well. A horrific case on all counts. Lots of forensic evidence and his own two sons, now aged 12 1/2 and 9 are testifying against him as witnesses. It’s a small town. There are no secrets and These things are not tolerated. The last abuse case was a 30 yr old man with a 3 years old. He was given life in prison with no possibility of parole between all the charges they placed on him. This fella knows he’s in big trouble. I’m glad likely won’t have to be a part of it. I don’t need to know those details. I really struggle with things in regards to children and animals.

Day 29…..02/27…..197.0…..(Trend weight 196.4) Yesterday turned out to be a horrible day for me, but especially for everyone around me. It just feels like everything bad caught up to me. I had such a horrible sense of pressure and stress and took it out on nearly everyone. Last night, laden with guilt, I had mini food binges, couldn’t sleep, and this morning no TMI so I’m not surprised the scale is up. Guilt is heavy.

Day 30…..02/28…..198.2…..(Trend weight 196.5) A good day eating, a moderate day in exercise. I have out-of-town company visiting me and other family members in the area until next Monday. I’m not sure why the scale crept up. Probably lack of sleep (again) and stress from the past couple of days.

Day 31…..03/01…..196.6…..(Trend weight 196.5) I ate the same EXACT things as the day before but instead of a gain there was a loss. It’s a very strange fight that we fight! Keeping the faith!

Day 32…..03/02…..197.4…..(Trend weight 196.6) Late night snacks were over the top and just too much at once and at all. Well problems again today even with the new well pump. The pump was kicking on & off quickly when using water and grinding somewhat. Sounded bad and I knew it wasn’t right. I called the well company back and they said my bladder must be bad. I had a new one put in about a year ago but they said it is definitely bad. The hardware store ones (home depot etc) are just not good. Also, of course, they cannot warranty any but their own. They said they would give me a break and do it for $900.00. That will be between 3 and 4 thousand total on a too small well that will need to be replaced at some point. Why me? Did I stress eat last night or just crave eat? I dunno.

Day 33…..03/03…..196.2…..(Trend weight 196.6) The well company made an adjustment and we’re hoping the bladder is okay. So I didn’t have to put out the extra $900 yesterday. Let’s hope this works! An average day yesterday with food and exercise/movement yet there is a drop. I just keep bouncing back & forth and my inconsistencies are showing up on the scale with inconsistent weights. Perhaps that will speak to me loud enough. I did make a few better tweaks to my dinner but those night time snacks are just over the top.

Day 34…..03/04…..196.0…..(Trend weight 196.5) It was a horrible night last night due to my DGS (age 4) deciding to put us through Hell again. He gets hysterical and the screetching is ear piercing. When he decides he’s not going to bed, or that his TV should not go off, or that he shouldn’t even go upstairs at all, he is dead weight and I can’t tackle him and those stairs too! I was babysitting last night (after babysitting all day while she worked). I told her to go out and have a little fun. See a friend. Go out to dinner. She’s had a rough week herself. So she did. At bedtime (9:30) he decided that he was going to give me one of those nights that he gives me or her from time to time. I had to call my daughter but she was already on her way home and arrived 5 minutes later. A little stress eating later, I finally calmed down. I’m so glad the scale was okay today. I didn’t binge or anything. I just grabbed extra snacks that I didn’t need. We’ll see how the scale reacts in the coming days. My latest project is almost done. The next one will be much bigger than this last one that lasted only a couple of weeks. I’ll be prepping for that one soon. It will be aggravating and invasive, but well worth it in the end.

Day 35…..03/05…..198.2…..(Trend weight 196.7) A whole new level of stupid. Yes, I am talking about me! Meals were very good. Snacks were over-the-top and likely related to boredom as I finally had a bit of time to myself.

Day 36…..03/06…..197.0…..(Trend weight 196.7) My weight was sorta bouncing up & down on the scale from 197.0 to 197.4 but finally timed out on 197.0. It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. Clearly I am still going up & down so regularly that even my scale is confused (and that never happens!) Very low calorie burn yesterday due to online shopping all day. I’ll have to make an extra effort today to somehow get moving! Have a good Sunday everyone.

Day 37…..03/07…..198.0…..(Trend weight 196.8) )….. Very good quantities yesterday but the choices weren’t the greatest. Lots of housecleaning movement. I turned a lazy day into something productive. I will make better choices today because obviously that and no TMI affected me.

Day 38…..03/08…..xxxxx…..(Trend weight xxxxx)

CHALLENGE ENDING WEIGHT:
    [/quote]

• kramereh

Week 1- missed
    Week 2- missed
    Week 3- missed

Day 36: Sun, 3/6: 206
    Day 37: Mon, 3/7: 206

6th Week Actual Weight:

Total challenge loss: 10.4
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,267 Member
    Challenge Starting Weight: 180
    Challenge Goal: 160
    Challenge Ending Weight:
    Total Weight Loss for Challenge:

Day 1: Sun, 1/30: 180
    Day 2: Mon, 1/31: 180.2
    Day 3: Tues, 2/1: 178
    Day 4: Wed, 2/2: 178.4
    Day 5: Thurs, 2/3: 179.2
    Day 6: Fri, 2/4: 179.6
    Day 7: Sat, 2/5: 179.8
    1st Week Goal Weight: 178.2
    1st Week Actual Weight: 179.8

Day 8: Sun, 2/6: 178.6
    Day 9: Mon, 2/7: 181.6
    Day 10: Tues, 2/8: 181
    Day 11: Wed, 2/9: 180.4
    Day 12: Thurs, 2/10: 177.8
    Day 13: Fri, 2/11: 178
    Day 14: Sat, 2/12: 176.2
    2nd Week Goal Weight: 178.8
    2nd Week Actual Weight: 176.2

Day 15: Sun: 2/13: 179.6
    Day 16: Mon: 2/14: 180.4
    Day 17: Tues: 2/15: 181
    Day 18: Wed: 2/16: 180
    Day 19: Thurs: 2/17: 179.8
    Day 20: Fri: 2/18: 180.2
    Day 21: Sat: 2/19: 180.2
    3rd Week Goal Weight: 175.6
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 180.2

Day 22: Sun: 2/20: 181.6
    Day 23: Mon: 2/21: 180.6
    Day 24: Tues: 2/22: 179.4
    Day 25: Wed: 2/23: 176.4
    Day 26: Thurs: 2/24: 177.2
    Day 27: Fri: 2/25: 176.6
    Day 28: Sat: 2/26: 176
    4th Week Goal Weight: 178.4
    4th Week Actual Weight: 176

Day 29: Sun: 2/27: 175.8
    Day 30: Mon: 2/28: 177.2
    Day 31: Tues: 3/1: 176.4
    Day 32: Wed: 3/2: 176.2
    Day 33: Thurs: 3/3: 176.4
    Day 34: Fri: 3/4: 173.4
    Day 35: Sat: 3/5: 174
    5th Week Goal Weight: 174.6
    5th Week Actual Weight: 174

Day 36: Sun: 3/6: 174
    Day 37: Mon: 3/7: 173.2
    Day 38: Tues: 3/8:
    Day 39: Wed: 3/9:
    Day 40: Thurs: 3/10:
    Day 41: Fri: 3/11:
    Day 42: Sat: 3/12:
    6th Week Goal Weight: 172.4
    6th Week Actual Weight:
  • Lilylady3k

Female, Age 61, 5’3”
    History & Goals
    🎯 Mini Goals & Weight:

Plans:

Day 32: Wed, 3/2: 215.0 Walked 1.7 + 1 miles, 19800 steps, 3 wine celebrating Mardi Gras.
    Day 33: Thurs, 3/3: 214.1 Walked 3 + 3.2 miles, 11200 steps, Strength Training 1 hr, ? cal, ? net carbs, AF.
    Day 35: Sat, 3/5: 214.2 Walked 1.8 + .7 + .7 miles, Strength Training 1 hr, 12000 steps, 1637 cal (-22 red), 160 net carbs, AF. Need to start drinking more water! I’ve not had a Diet Coke but still only getting around 60oz water … need to up that game!

Day 37: Mon, 3/7: 215.5 Walked 1.8 miles through River Oaks neighborhood on the Azalea Trail event with my daughter and her mother inlaw. 11700 steps. 1934 cal (-476 red), 113 net carbs, AF. Large BBQ dinner for my son, his wife & my sister … way too full. On top of that my daughter gave us lots of cake leftover from her crawfish boil … which I regret eating.
    Day 38: Tues, 3/8: 214.2 Walked 1.3 + .6 miles, 7000 steps, 1644 cal (-99 red), 130 net carbs, AF. I retired in Jan 2019. Spent the day on expenses in 2021 and a review compared to 2019 & 2020 and how we are doing in 2022 … as part of understanding our personal finances before DH pulls the plug and joins me in early retirement.
    6th Week Actual Weight:
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn.
    Time to turn that around

61 years old, 5'2"
    Highest weight 207

Day 37: Mon, 3/7: 136.0 - I ran out of the encapsulated herbs that I was using for the cleanse a couple of days ago, but I have lots of food prepped still, so will stay with the eating plan for now although I am planning one small change, cream in my coffee tomorrow morning. Also, I think that I will get some bananas which were not to be consumed. I have upped my Magnesium supplement, but only bananas really prevent me from night leg cramps. Today will be untouched, would be day 8.
    Day 38: Tues, 3/8: 136.8 - Going to do the brown rice dinners for today and tomorrow even though the cleanse is over. I have it on hand basically, and it is delicious. Added dairy back in via my morning coffee today, but won't have any other type of dairy just yet. Maybe toast for breakfast tomorrow (wheat) we'll see. The program was intended to turn the body alkaline. I plan to do another cleanse in September, I definitely felt better arthritis wise.

6th Week Actual Weight:

• deepwoodslady

145320379.png

Day 26…..02/24…..198.0…..(Trend weight 196.0)
    Day 27…..02/25…..198.0…..(Trend weight 196.2)
    Day 28…..02/26…..196.2…..(Trend weight 196.2)
    Day 29…..02/27…..197.0…..(Trend weight 196.4)
    Day 30…..02/28…..198.2…..(Trend weight 196.5)

Day 37…..03/07…..198.0…..(Trend weight 196.8) ) Very good quantities yesterday but the choices weren’t the greatest. Lots of housecleaning movement. I turned a lazy day into something productive. I will make better choices today because obviously that and no TMI affected me.

Day 38…..03/08…..197.8…..(Trend weight196.9) I don’t think I’m eating enough or well enough at dinner. My snacks are reasonable (in most cases) but too many. Also, I’ve been staying up a bit later for time to myself (read, catch up on TV etc) so more time for snacks. I will have to plan better.

CHALLENGE ENDING WEIGHT:
    [/quote]