Less Alcohol ~ ☘MARCH 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    @Lilylady3k I love the picture of the tulips! And of course the errant daffodil!

It is hard to go AF, but that’s great you’re supporting your hubby during Lent, especially being around other people!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    @Womona Wow great of you to recognize the connection. People like me have a double whammy food and alcohol.

I have to say all the pictures are fabulous. Do I want more snow this winter...nope. I think here in PNW we are done. We may have a few more freezing mornings but the worst is over.
    AF tonight so yeah.

I am working on another painting plus that crazy 31 day challenge painting outside our comfort zone. Today's picture I painted?....well that would be a drunk bucket (actually tipsy) holding a very much dead sunflower.

back later
  • lmlmrn
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @MissMay - I hope that your DH pulls out of his illness and feels better soon! Love your art challenge. I keep thinking I'm going to paint and then don't. Bought water colors when I retired in 2019 and still not opened them ... shame on me. I need to put it on my personal challenge list to do something with them at least once per week or month. I love sketching trees and flowers ... want to push that love into water colors.
    @Lilylady3k It's time to bring out those watercolors! I started with watercolors. what brand did you purchase? Did you purchase some watercolor paper? You really should follow along with @MissMay and I. She can tell you still life is not my forte!

Oh and my DH ... yes it did shock me when he said he wanted to try for 6 weeks of Lent. There will be some bumps but I'm really enjoying this break from nightly alcohol exposure! Our budget is liking it too :) It was getting to where he spent $150-280 on 6 bottles of wine and wipe it out in 3-4 days in Jan & Feb this year. I think that he is considering pulling the plug on working and dive into retirement with me might have a little something to do with his personal challenge. I track expenses each month and the alcohol line items really stand out. It is something that is totally discretionary. This does not include alcohol consumed with dinner at restaurants/bars when food was consumed or bought at the grocery store or the alcohol bill for our children's weddings ... primarily our SPECS liquor store bill ... so you get the picture.
    2019 - $2319
    2020 - $4784
    2021 - $5583
    2022 - $1261 (Jan-Feb only)
    Wow I guess I should do a break down but I would have to get it from the app off my phone. But it would be interesting to see. Six week congrats on the commitment!

AF last night the stretches between drinks is tending to get longer and less likely for me to chase. this is a good feeling.
  • lmlmrn
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @lmlmrn - I have all our credit cards, checking etc dumping info into MINT (mint.intuit.com). It is easy then to sort everything by category. I dump/export 6 months to a year of data out of Mint to Excel to document the trends. Really enlightening.
    I won't mention how much my "gift" budget has gone up with grand babies this year LOL

Sounds really cool, I no longer have any intuit software and then there are times when we pick up alcohol along with other non related items so it would be difficult to separate out unless I did it after each purchase.
    I keep a detailed spread sheet of all our monthly expenses but I have never really tracked our 'excess' it is just there to use or not use. I may have to give that a go in the next month or so. Thanks
  • luciebrucie
    luciebrucie Posts: 119 Member
    I'm still doing well, 7 days out of 9 AF. You all are inspiring: struggling, owning, and checking in often.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Went to Strong & Fit exercise class this evening and came home about 7pm. DH had not poured any alcohol while I was out. So we are both AF once again this evening.

March accountability: 7 days AF
    Alcohol: 2 days (4 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Tuesday March 08 - AF - Working a split Wednesday, may have a couple of drinks after that...in the tub watching HGTV. We'll see.
    Wednesday March 09 - 2 drinks. Planned AF for Thursday

Rolling total: 7 AF days out of 9 days