The first 100

RosyBest
RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
Hello, my name is Rosy. And after many years of trying different diets and fads I finally (through trial and error) learned how to track my foods and aim to eat healthier options that are rich in those good nutrients.

I meal prep lunch and dinner weekly. I also have incorporated working out into my weekly routine and go to the gym 2-3x a week. This journey has not been easy and it is far from over. I am down 120 lbs since June 2020. Hopefully this encourages someone. Just don't give up.

~Rosy
2xiuhrbrrr54.png
zk9bk9alhdr1.jpg

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 617 Member
    RosyBest, Your beautiful smile says it all...keep your faith and courage going and you will get to your ultimate weight loss destination! You inspire me!
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Wow Congrats!!! I was losing motivation which is why i come here to those who are succeeding to push me to continue!! Thank you so much for sharing your story !!
  • KarmaKamen
    KarmaKamen Posts: 42 Member
    edited March 2022
    Congrats! I want to start meal prepping, but it's hard to get started. Any tips to make it more convenient or less of a pain? 😅
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Congratulations on your success! Terrific work!
  • RosyBest
    @KarmaKamen
    Meal prepping can be daunting at first. I just keep it simple: proteins & veggies.
    Here are some past meal prep ideas I've done:14avp7tdg0b1.jpg
    7suhq7kbue0i.jpg

• RosyBest
    @redgolden966
    Thank you. And you got this. It is so cliché...but literally just go 1 day at a time.❤️
  • mrovillos1010
    mrovillos1010 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2022
    I love this thread, thank you for sharing! I’m starting at 205, almost 7 months post partum and I need stories like this!!!
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    edited March 2022
    Wow, well done!
  • tnenarubia
    tnenarubia Posts: 3 Member
    Rosy 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🥳❤️ you’re an inspiration!!! I’m new and starting my journey of eating healthier and lose 200lbs!!! Any tips for a newbie?!?!?!
  • RosyBest
    @tnenarubia
    Thank you so much! ❤️
    Let's see, 1 piece of advice that I will give you is: Be patient with yourself. Give yourself grace; especially when becoming someone you've never been before.
    I hope this will help❤️
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Way to go, Rosy! You look like you feel amazing!
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 72 Member
    Wow!! Great job, you look wonderful...I meal prep as well, takes a lot of the pressure off. Good luck!
  • KarmaKamen
    KarmaKamen Posts: 42 Member
    RosyBest wrote: »
    @KarmaKamen
    Meal prepping can be daunting at first. I just keep it simple: proteins & veggies.

Oh this looks so good! Thanks for the idea. : )

• 7FitandHealthy7
    7FitandHealthy7 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Rosy, excellent work! I hope you meet your weight loss goals!
  • bzymommy5boyz
    bzymommy5boyz Posts: 81 Member
    I like your meal prep idea! Is that how you've kept yourself accountable?
  • csdanielsrn
    csdanielsrn Posts: 6 Member
    What a great inspiration to those of us just starting our journey. I am 60 years old and have around 170+ lbs to lose. I started my journey in December and am down 35 lbs so far just being accountable to logging my food and being more mindful of my eating and habits. It can be challenging when you’re older but it’s still very doable and I am looking forward to being able to do more as my weight continues to go down.
  • RosyBest
    @7FitandHealthy7 thank you! And I hope I do too 🤞🏾
  • RosyBest
    @bzymommy5boyz
    Yes meal prepping is 1 of the ways that I keep myself accountable. Also being consistent with the foods I eat helps and of course logging the foods into Mfp helps me really see the nutrients that I consume and I adjust accordingly.
    I always watch my Salt and Fat intake. I aim to stay in healthy ranges for both. Hope this helps 🖤
  • RosyBest
    @csdanielsrn
    What an amazing beginning journey that you have already begun 👍🏽🎉
    35 lbs is awesome!
    Also there is no age limit when it comes to accomplishing ones goals. You're doing it!❤️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!