Worst song released of all time in your opinion?

Replies

• ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    Styx "Don't Sit Down on the Plexiglass Toilet"...second place doesn't even come close...look it up.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Pretty much anything put out by Weezer
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    I hope there aren’t any rock stars lurking on MFP community boards counting calories in between tour dates. Also now I will go to bed with Barry Manilow, Diana Ross, Tiny Tim and Styx all in my head at once ?????
    And finally, there is an entire documentary on who wrote Who let the dogs out on one of the streaming services - it has apparently made lots of money because it is so memorably annoying.

For anyone wanting to revive annoying internet memes from the 90s for extra points how about Numa Numa ?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Loser by Beck
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    I hope there aren’t any rock stars lurking on MFP community boards counting calories in between tour dates. Also now I will go to bed with Barry Manilow, Diana Ross, Tiny Tim and Styx all in my head at once ?????
    And finally, there is an entire documentary on who wrote Who let the dogs out on one of the streaming services - it has apparently made lots of money because it is so memorably annoying.

For anyone wanting to revive annoying internet memes from the 90s for extra points how about Numa Numa ?

One of the first youtube videos, I think. :)

https://youtu.be/KmtzQCSh6xk
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Muskrat Love.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Toxic by Britney Spears
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Maggie by Foster and Allen. Now idea how it became a hit in multiple countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4jVfRLtzlU
  • therealme_lissa
    therealme_lissa Posts: 95 Member
    standout00 wrote: »
    I reckon the worst song released so far is Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus!
    What's yours?

No where near the worst song! I’m not a big Miley fan, but the lyrics of that song are really good! I literally just belted that song out in the shower today! Maybe it hits me because I’ve had someone “wreck me” 🤔

• MintMoijo
    MintMoijo Posts: 17 Member
    Yellow polka dot bikini - Timmy mallet 🤬
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Toxic by Britney Spears

That’s one of my top Britney songs 😭

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Muskrat Love.

Good point. Although almost anything by Captain and Tennile would qualify.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Des'ree - Life

I have a feeling the 26 million views on youtube have to be because of the bad lyrics

I don't want to see a ghost
    It's a sight that I fear most
    I'd rather have a piece of toast
    And watch the evening news

Never walk under ladders
    I keep a rabbit's tail

Doo doo doo doo x 100

is a rabbits tail considered luck or unlucky in anyones culture? Or was the song writer just unable to fit foot in the line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtrWU4zaaI

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

what are you talking about numa numa is a banger
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I'm going to say as far as cringe factor and general out of touchness [That's a word right?], this takes the cake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omEDLKS5pbY
  • glassyo
    Merkavar wrote: »

what are you talking about numa numa is a banger

Hey, all I did was post the video I always got a kick out of! 😀

• ChillTheBathWater
    ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2022
    Going back to the mid-late 70s, so many, but every time I used to hear that awful "Video Killed the Radio Star" song by The Bugles, I'd dive at the dial to turn it off. The lyrics & message are fine, but the music makes me want to scream. The video is also terrible, but, for the youngens, they're forgiven since it was the 1st video ever played by MTV (back yonder when the channel actually played vids) & smooth & polished wasn't the norm.

As ties, the other worst songs I recall were the many career-over singers who jumped on the disco bandwagon, like Eartha Kitt's disco album (they're all equally awful songs), "The Curly Shuffle" by Peter Quinn, an homage to the Three Stooges & Rick Dees' "Disco Duck", which he should have been arrested for not only recording, but having duck-clad people duck-dancing in every live performance. I don't even like disco, but all the above make me feel certain they're sure bets for having brought down the genre in a burning disco ball of flames.
  • glassyo
    *sigh* I live Video Killed the Radio Star.
  • ChillTheBathWater
    ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member
    *sigh* I live Video Killed the Radio Star.

Ah, you're the one...
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Dream Weaver by Gary Wright