Sweets

Options
My only problem I have is sweets & chips. But I finally managed to get my hands on some… 1.) Atkins Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll Bar- but the calories is high 🥴 180 per bar but 3g Net Carbs, 2.) Atkins Chocolate Caramel Mousse Bar- only 😉 100 calories 2g Net Carbs and my least favorite 3.) Atkins Protein Wafer Crisps Peanut Butter 🤨 190 Calories 4g Net Carbs. The 3rd one taste like dry powder like. Like if you got cinnamon powder in your mouth but without the cinnamon taste lol if that makes sense!
My favorite to least is already in order above ⬆️ I’m on a Calorie Deficit Diet with Intermittent Fasting. It’s been a week and I haven’t weighed myself but I will soon ☺️

Replies

• Celiac96
    Celiac96 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    May not be for everyone, but I LOVE rice cakes and they come in a bunch of different flavors.
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like to bake cookies but make them smaller. Usually a tbsp each. I figure out the total calories for the recipe and divide by the number of cookies I get. I get my sweets but not to excess. Stored in the freezer for when the need arises.
  • Heart_Fit
    Heart_Fit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You do not have to be without your favorite sweets unless you are diabetic… just add in what sweets that you love, but make sure it’s within your calorie goal for that particular day. I’ve been on my journey for a while now and I have loss weight while still including everything sweet that I fancy…The key is making sure that you stay within your calorie range daily or totality weekly, whichever one you choose. Best Wishes
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    Man-Oh-man, I think life is too short to eat things that taste like chalk, or dusty cinnamon without cinnamon flavor, no matter what Good Stuff the nutrition label says!

For me, eating plenty of fruit reduced my cravings for less nutrient-dense but calorie-dense foods, like candy and baked goods. That doesn't work for everyone, but I'm not the only one here whom I've seen say that.

I got that advice from a registered dietitian, who felt that we may crave sweets when we're short on the micronutrients that fruits traditionally bring, but candy/baked goods don't scratch the actual root-cause itch, so we keep craving.

I don't know about that, but I do know that when I used my limited supply of discipline/will power to eat 3 servings of fruit every day for around a month or so, and avoid the candy/baked good stuff, my sweets cravings were much more easily managed. After that, I could eat fruit to taste, not have the crazy cravings for other stuff. YMMV. (I still eat the occasional candy or baked good, but it's a plan, not a craving. Many of them now taste way too just-sweet, too simple, not even desirable or worth their calories. Again, YMMV.)