MorningStar Farms Products

Options
Please name and share your review of what you have bought/tried.
Share Ideas/Tips as well to make them better; using in different ways.

Thanks!

I love the Buffalo Chik Patties. At this time I'm eating 2, so one is with a bun and one without. If you love the Tyson, Spicy Chicken Patties, you will love these.

I love the Veggie Grillers Prime. Thicker than the original Griller Burger and Veggie Burger. I have tried all 3 and like them all.

I did not like the black bean veggie burger or chorizo crumbles.

Replies

• Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that I've tried virtually all the MF products, including many that they no longer make (we miss you steak strips ☹️).

I regularly buy chicken strips (used mostly in fajitas), breakfast sausages (except maple, yuck) and corn dogs. I also will buy incogmeato chicken nuggets if the deal is good enough. I think those products are especially good for taste, nutrition and/or calories.

I will occasionally buy other MF products when deals or coupons make it worthwhile, but for other items (burgers, chicken patties, meatballs, etc) I tend to buy gardein, boca, lightlife, and several other less common brands - hungry planet, meatless farms, etc.

I've been pescatarian for 25+ years. While I happily eat tofu, tempeh, beans, and seitan, I still like the convenience and taste of faux meats.
  • Bridgie3
    Bridgie3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Isn't Morning star another name for satan? is there truly a company making food called morning star? lol!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ^^ And here I was thinking you thought carbs were the devil!? 😂😂

I see the net spreads wider…🤔

On topic though, I don’t think we have the brand in the UK yet. Maybe one day!

I have no issues with some ‘fake meat’ products, for the convenience from time to time - except as the industry expands and the food technology evolves some of them are becoming dangerously close to feeling and tasting like actual meat. Those I draw the line at since the texture and taste of meat is why I’m a Vegetarian.
  • twinkle2356
    twinkle2356 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use the morning star chick patties and the meatballs. I think the patties are lower in sodium than some of the others. I actually like the patties. I look forward to eating one. Think it's the crunch. The gardein has a hamburger going on, but i always have to doctor them up with soy sauce or worcheshire sauce. Add tomato and onion on a whole wheat bun. lol but it works. I'm still having trouble with the texture and taste. Admittedly miss meats. No meat but a small amount of chicken breast once in awhile. Lots of fish, so quess i'm actually pescatarian. Been on this type for 2 months. I need it to last tho.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    I buy Boca more often than Morning Star, and occasionally try other brands as well. Currently have a few different varieties of Quorn in the freezer from a recent sale.

In any case, I mostly use grounds/crumbles/mince to make chili, spaghetti sauce, taco filling, etc., rather than patties/burgers for sandwiches. I also like veggie sausages (both Italian style for pasta dishes and country/sage style for breakfast or crumbled up (after removing the casing) to put in stuffing/dressing.

But the patties are mostly pretty soft if you don't overcook them, so I sometimes use them instead of a whole bag of crumbles if I'm just making enough for one meal for one person. Yesterday I was throwing together a quick dinner (start a pot of water boiling for pasta while I assess what I have on hand that won't take much prep -- sauteed onions, garlic, cabbage, and fresh sage; decide I will top the finished dish with nutritional yeast and various "smoky" seasonings; by the time the water was boiling I decided I would cook a couple of Boca original veggie burgers in the pan with the sauteeing vegetables to boost the protein and bulk up the meal. Threw a little tomato paste in the pan with the veggies and burgers. I found it very tasting and filling.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Bridgie3 wrote: »
    Isn't Morning star another name for satan? is there truly a company making food called morning star? lol!

I sincerely hope you meant seitan, not satan. If so, no. MorningStar Farms is a company that makes a lot of faux meat products, widely available in the US. I don't know about elsewhere. Some of the products do include wheat gluten (a protein) as an ingredient, as does seitan, but they're not the same thing.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I sincerely hope you meant seitan, not satan. If so, no. MorningStar Farms is a company that makes a lot of faux meat products, widely available in the US. I don't know about elsewhere. Some of the products do include wheat gluten (a protein) as an ingredient, as does seitan, but they're not the same thing.

I thought the same re Satan/Seitan so looked it up. Apparently Lucifer, in particular, (and Jesus btw) is sometimes referred to as Morning Star. 🤷‍♀️

Who knew…(or cared…)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

I thought the same re Satan/Seitan so looked it up. Apparently Lucifer, in particular, (and Jesus btw) is sometimes referred to as Morning Star. 🤷‍♀️

Who knew…(or cared…)

LOL I did a quick google search too because it seemed familiar.

But I really love the satan/seitan idea!

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options

Who knew…(or cared…)

OMG, that never occurred to me, that what was written was literal - it seemed too bizarre. Thanks for the clarification.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Who knew…(or cared…)

OMG, that never occurred to me, that what was written was literal - it seemed too bizarre. Thanks for the clarification.

Takes demonizing food to a whole new level, eh?
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I really love their spicy sausage patties and buffalo chik'n patties. I also tried their meatballs the other day and they were really good (had them in spaghetti one day and in stroganoff another) ^_^ I usually don't do the strips or crumbles though-- I can make those pretty easily at home.