Hi Keto Friends!

Options
Hello! I'm back on the Keto bandwagon and would love to be friends with more people who do Keto. (Is Keto something you DO or something you ARE?)

I'm UK based but inspiration and motivation can come from anywhere in the world...
So please stop by and say hi!
Tagged:

Replies

• JarheadSFMF
    JarheadSFMF Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Here, its what I am and what my body loves. That sounds odd lol...but true!
  • ATao2012
    ATao2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I started keto three weeks ago. So far I have been really enjoying the journey.
  • hollentrio
    hollentrio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have gone back to keto. I was strictly keto for about 3.5 years and then I stopped doing it
    about two years ago and haven't felt good since. I am in hopes that this will be a forever lifestyle change for me. I am already feeling 1000 percent better physically and mentally.
  • LadySanguin
    LadySanguin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing keto (and paleo cycling) since 2018. I switch to a paleo approach to do a brief carb cycle during the holiday months. I do that for my micro biome and seasonal changes. I find that being 100% keto is hard for my body if I do heavy lifting (I don’t have the same stamina), and sometimes I plan days that I use carbs as a longevity energy tool (ie hiking for hours). I also sometimes switch to a fully carnivore approach if the need arises. I found though if I just focus on whole real foods and cut out the sugars, I have a steady weight decline. Though, I’ll admit I don’t lose weight as fast if I use carbs. I also utilize IF (18-6 hrs). I happen to lose weight doing IF and eating the minimal carbs, but being keto and doing IF really melts the excess off. Good luck every one!
  • mericrain
    mericrain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I had been doing IF (18-6 hrs) for about three years with Keto eating and felt so good. During the pandemic I began struggling with sugar again. I'm back to IF and Keto. About 13 days away from sugar and I feel amazing. If you're struggling with cravings, I would recommend watching/reading everything you can find about sugar addiction and how to free yourself from it. It takes a few days to get over the hump but you can do it! It will change your life in so many ways. I wish everyone luck with their journey.
  • Opalescent_Topaz
    Opalescent_Topaz Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi there from across the pond!

Hmmm... That's a good question. I suppose you can do a Keto diet and be a Keto diet practitioner, so BOTH! :smile:

My doctor recommended Keto to me for health reasons, and I'm getting used to it.

I got a pretty cool cookbook that I'll recommend because everything I've made from it has been delicious so far:
    "Essential Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: 100 Low-Carb, Heart-Healthy Recipes for Lasting Weight Loss"(Molly Devine, RD)

Seriously, if you're into Mediterranean food, you should try it. I recommend the Crustless Cheese Pie, Greek Salad, and the Powerhouse Arugula Salad. OMG.
  • miriyummy
    miriyummy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious!!
    "Essential Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: 100 Low-Carb, Heart-Healthy Recipes for Lasting Weight Loss"(Molly Devine, RD)

Seriously, if you're into Mediterranean food, you should try it. I recommend the Crustless Cheese Pie, Greek Salad, and the Powerhouse Arugula Salad. OMG.

• miriyummy
    Options
    Wish I could get to grips with IF, everything I've heard sounds positive.
    mericrain wrote: »
    Hello. I had been doing IF (18-6 hrs) for about three years with Keto eating and felt so good. During the pandemic I began struggling with sugar again. I'm back to IF and Keto. About 13 days away from sugar and I feel amazing. If you're struggling with cravings, I would recommend watching/reading everything you can find about sugar addiction and how to free yourself from it. It takes a few days to get over the hump but you can do it! It will change your life in so many ways. I wish everyone luck with their journey.

• miriyummy
    Options
    Wow, you've really got this all planned out!! I can barely remember what macros I'm supposed ti be sticking to!
    I’ve been doing keto (and paleo cycling) since 2018. I switch to a paleo approach to do a brief carb cycle during the holiday months. I do that for my micro biome and seasonal changes. I find that being 100% keto is hard for my body if I do heavy lifting (I don’t have the same stamina), and sometimes I plan days that I use carbs as a longevity energy tool (ie hiking for hours). I also sometimes switch to a fully carnivore approach if the need arises. I found though if I just focus on whole real foods and cut out the sugars, I have a steady weight decline. Though, I’ll admit I don’t lose weight as fast if I use carbs. I also utilize IF (18-6 hrs). I happen to lose weight doing IF and eating the minimal carbs, but being keto and doing IF really melts the excess off. Good luck every one!

• miriyummy
    Options
    When I fell off the wagon I couldn't believe how much of a difference it made. People think I'm mad and that it's disordered eating or something but the difference is so noticable.
    hollentrio wrote: »
    I have gone back to keto. I was strictly keto for about 3.5 years and then I stopped doing it
    about two years ago and haven't felt good since. I am in hopes that this will be a forever lifestyle change for me. I am already feeling 1000 percent better physically and mentally.

• miriyummy
    Options
    Hope it's going well!?
    ATao2012 wrote: »
    I'm with you. I started keto three weeks ago. So far I have been really enjoying the journey.

• miriyummy
    Options
    Sorry if you're wondering why I'm replying so late to everyone, for some reason I never got a notification that anyone commented.