Confessions of A Sleepeater

I get up in the middle of the night and have a snackcident!! Gonna share when I do and what I nibble!! Feel free to share your Sleepeater stories tooooooooo

Replies

• Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Ok I'll go first!! Last night I got up and ate cinnamon toast crunch frosting!! Then later I ater powdered nesquick!! Yep just spoonful after spoonful!! It's always the weirdest stuff!! Oh and some left over skirt steak forgot all about that till just now!! Probably 300 calories!!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    As long as you're logging it all--OK. I'm 67 and have never gotten up to eat or snack in the middle of the night. Night is for sleeping.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Whoa…. Are you saying that you literally eat when you are asleep, like a sleep walker or just get snacky overnight?

Because sleep eating, like a sleep walking sounds really dangerous. Like how do you not eat the dishwasher pods or I don’t know just get some milk and Dawn dishwashing soap to wash it down.

I’m intrigued. What’s going on?
  • Be_theBest_Me
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Whoa…. Are you saying that you literally eat when you are asleep, like a sleep walker or just get snacky overnight?

Because sleep eating, like a sleep walking sounds really dangerous. Like how do you not eat the dishwasher pods or I don’t know just get some milk and Dawn dishwashing soap to wash it down.

I’m intrigued. What’s going on?

Ive asked myself the same question before!!!! Lmmfao 🤣🤣 yes I will wake up at the fridge like woah why am I here or on the toilet with a Snickers like hi bestie!!! It's nuts!! Guess even asleep I know what I wanna eat junk foooooood
  • mcbluefish1
    mcbluefish1 Posts: 1 Member
    I have been doing almost all of my life. Most of the time peanut butter and jelly with a spoon out of the jar. I have just tried to replace it with chocolate hummus and lite whip cream...I eat well all day but for some reason I cannot get this under control...
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    What would you do if you did not have access to those (or any) foods when you don’t intend to eat. People do things to babyproof and pet proof their homes. Perhaps keep stuff locked away somewhere or just don’t bring it home. I might not say this if it was an issue of being able to log and decide what you eat, but if this is unconscious and borderline dangerous eating/drinking then you need to protect yourself. For one thing you could choke on dry drink powder.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    hey girl! have you ever tried intermittent fasting or is that not for you? sending lots of love
  • Be_theBest_Me
    roz0810 wrote: »
    hey girl! have you ever tried intermittent fasting or is that not for you? sending lots of love

That is something I do regularly!!! Yeeeeeeeeees especially if I eat the in the middle of the night!!!
    What would you do if you did not have access to those (or any) foods when you don’t intend to eat. People do things to babyproof and pet proof their homes. Perhaps keep stuff locked away somewhere or just don’t bring it home. I might not say this if it was an issue of being able to log and decide what you eat, but if this is unconscious and borderline dangerous eating/drinking then you need to protect yourself. For one thing you could choke on dry drink powder.

We live 35 miles from town. If I could pick up food daily that might help. But we buy in bulk to save on trips to the city!!
    I have been doing almost all of my life. Most of the time peanut butter and jelly with a spoon out of the jar. I have just tried to replace it with chocolate hummus and lite whip cream...I eat well all day but for some reason I cannot get this under control...

I am trying to keep water by all my toilets and try not to go to the kitchen or pantry anymore!! Had 3 good night's so far!!