Who fills in their diary for the next day??

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I do it for work days - planning ahead is the only way I can cope with it all, squeeze in some fitness activity and stay sane! Weekends I tend to be more one meal ahead in my planning, rather than a day.
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do it. I feel fuller looking at the list of everything I will eat that day. lol Everything but dinner since that's usually up in the air. I also put my excersice in early. It keeps me motivated.:smile:
  • surfinbernard
    Options
    No I don't but I so sometimes fill in meals ahead of time if I know what I'm having as this makes it easier to budget the remaining calories.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Too planned for me. I know how many calories I'm going to burn for each activity that I do. Well, maybe not every one. I know when to eat a 800 cal meal vs a 200 cal meal. I like to be creative and spontanious as my activities dictate.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to eat healthy if I plan ahead.

The last few months I've been in a cooking rut, absolutely hated cooking & got bored with it. Now I'm planning the next days meals I'm cooking & baking like mad! I scour the internet for new low calorie recipes a lot.
    It's so nice now to come home after work & know exactly what we're having, junk food & takeaways are no longer an option.
  • lyndyloo5
    lyndyloo5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all this and enjoying adding on my iphone as I go along but I can see how planning would be a good way to go, especially if I knew it was going to be a tough day.
  • Lucythejuice
    Options
    Me! I do it at night just before I go to bed ... sometime even in bed! Gawds, I lead an exciting life some nights :D
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    i don't fill out my diary, but, on work days, i do get my 'work food' ready before i start, then, have a blog page that keeps my numbers so i remember later, when i do go to fill my diary out.
    i may not remember later that i had 187g of red pepper, or, it was 1.5 servings of chicken instead of 1. :smile:
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usually plan out the majority of the week ahead every Sunday. Not only does it help me stay on track, but it cuts out the time spent deciding what to have! :)
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I usually fill mine out over breakfast when I'm packing lunch for the day. Helps keep me on track. But I don't put my exercise in until its done because that is my work and I enjoy the reward of entering it.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I do. I usually plan what we are having for the week. Apart frm Sundays when we go out for lunch and I just fill in my diary when we get back. I know what we are having for eat on the Monday and fill it in on the Sunday, I be doing the same for Tuesday and Wednesday, it just helps keep me on track. Also if I change or something comes up, I can easily change the diary which is great. This way I know what calories I have had and it helps with my weight loss
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I normally plan mine out a day ahead in my head, but normally things like dinner, Im really not certain what Im gonna have, because its pretty variable
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I usually fill my diary out first thing in the morning and the only leave out my exercise and add it once I complete it! :)
  • Loramy
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Ive only just joined so I will start that habit straight away - Cheers.
    Well done on your progress so far and good luck with your goals.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I do for my breakfast and lunch (on the days i am working) and snacks as i know what Im going to have that day and to varie it a bit:-)
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I don't do it officially on MFP, but I like to write out 3 or 4 days of meals on notebook paper as a guideline.
  • jetsec
    Options
    Oh god I must be totally disorganised compared to you lot! I plan for today and that's it. I fill in breakfast and lunch as I go along and then usually just cook whatever my son gives me time to for dinner unless I've been able to get someone prepared the night before which I don't seem to get the time to do any more.

I really need to get more organised, you've all put me to shame lol.

Jayne
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! :) I don't always fill it in for the next day, but I usually have at least a few things on there, and then I fill it in in the morning. sometimes I have stuff for several days ahead of time. planning is key for me because i'm a full time working mom. busy! :)
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i dooo. keeps me on track
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I did for the first 6 months. Now I know what I can eat and what I can't. Pre-logging is great.