Under 300lbs for the first time in about 4 years!

lpwest3
lpwest3 Posts: 31 Member
As with a lot of people, I suffered quite hard under the lockdowns. My company was constantly on the verge of going under as it was reliant on tourism and I was working 10-11 hour days sat at my desk, rarely getting up and ordering takeaways 6 nights a week from being so tired.

As a result, I ballooned up to 352.1lbs by the end of November 2021 and the chest pains, daily acid reflux and being out of breath walking room to room finally got me to my breaking point.

Since that point, thanks to MFP and getting rather obsessive about exercise, I've now dropped 52.6lbs and have made it under the dreaded 300lb barrier. Small victories and a long way to go, but we've got to take the positive reinforcements where they come :smile:

A slightly out of date comparison pic (have a lost about half a stone since the picture on the right), but the change in my face makes me happy:

txcgdlr357je.png

Onwards to the next 50lbs!

Replies

• LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Awesome Job!! I'm down from 305 myself. I'm so proud of you!
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 72 Member
    Nice work, stay strong!!
  • accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Well done! Excited to see more updates as you continue your hard work!
  • lpwest3
    I've been in similar shoes. I officially started at 346, but was probably much higher since I never got on a scale. I've gone through a cycle of gains and losses - the losses were always due to monitoring my diet and consistent exercise, the gains always the result of a combination of stress, increased alcohol intake, and neglecting diet and exercise. My current effort started after I gained 40 pounds during the pandemic and ballooned to 300 pounds; with diet and exercise, I am down to 210 and feeling great. If I can do it, I know you can. Congratulations on your progress and continued success!

Great to hear of your success mate, that's an incredible loss. I mean I'm only a fraction of the way into it, but feeling the benefits you talk about already so can't wait to get down to where you are!
  • lpwest3
    Becky6621 wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I work from home and have a job where I sit in front of a computer all day long. The job is very stressful much of the time and the pandemic didn't help. In addition to being over 200LBS at 5'2" tall and due to other medical issues I chose to do gastric sleeve surgery last August. I have lost 55 lbs since then. I have plateaued at about 163 and am really working hard at breaking through that barrier. My ultimate goal is to be about 135. I turned 60 this year and have worked hard to keep my weight down my entire life. I have not been 135 since I was 29 so that is a really ambitious goal. With keeping my portion sizes small and working out I really believe I can get their.

The changes you all are making in your lives are very encouraging. Your pictures are inspiring. Have surgery is a tool that has helped me greatly, but eating right and exercise are the keys meeting and then maintaining my long term goals. I will post before and during pictures here soon. I took B4 pictures. I need to get a my husband to take the picture of me after losing 55 lbs. Samce clothes on, so you all can see the difference.

Keep up the good work. For all of us tied to a desk for work, please share your strategies to keep for keeping fit. Right now mine is going to a Pilates class 3 times a week. I have paid for it so I am going! I also enjoy it and have a great instructor!

Best of luck with getting to your goal, my Mum did the gastric sleeve surgery and that is not a nice procedure, so props to you for getting it done. Fingers crossed you'll break through :)
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Well done Sir!
  • sblsm1
    sblsm1 Posts: 2 Member
    Well done. I admire your determination to make a change and please for you that it has been so successful.

• KitinToronto
    KitinToronto Posts: 39 Member
    congrats on your success so far!
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Amazing progress! 🤗
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Excellent job! You should be so proud! 💪
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    You sir are an inspiration to me in this journey! Thank you for posting and for the pictures. You look so good and should be very proud of yourself.
  • redgolden966
    redgolden966 Posts: 55 Member
    Lpwest... CONGRATULATIONS! What a difference... you look terrific and I have no doubt you are feeling the benefits. To all the stories above, congrats. You are all an inspiration to me... pushing me onward to come down to a normal weight again. I, too, am coming down from 360... have dropped 40 so far. Lots of diligence recording and watching my caloric intake and my macros. Hope to read about everyone's progress often!
  • lpwest3
    broadwey21 wrote: »
    I also got over myself and my insecurities and got back in the public pool for the first time in about 6 years, and guess what nobody stared at me even though I was the biggest person there, I swam slowly but steadily and for an hour each time and I've been 3 times this week....

Good on you for this, I'm still terrified of going over to the weights section of the gym, to the point I bought my own stuff at home. Don't underestimate what a big step that is.
  • lpwest3
    Lpwest... CONGRATULATIONS! What a difference... you look terrific and I have no doubt you are feeling the benefits. To all the stories above, congrats. You are all an inspiration to me... pushing me onward to come down to a normal weight again. I, too, am coming down from 360... have dropped 40 so far. Lots of diligence recording and watching my caloric intake and my macros. Hope to read about everyone's progress often!

Congrats on your loss! It feels good doesn't it, and it'll only get better with time!
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    Oh, what a fantastic difference! Not just in your face, but in your chest and belly area as well! You're doing fantastic, keep with the plan and you have SO got this! Great job!
  • John496
    John496 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2022
    Thank you for posting. Your story gave me new inspiration to soldier on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!