Under 300lbs for the first time in about 4 years!

Options
2»

Replies

• Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look GREAT! <3
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Incredible job! You look great!
  • broadwey21
    broadwey21 Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

@ lpwest3 Thank you it has been a good first week so I am feeling positive, it actually was a momentous thing for me to do, just to walk out in a swimming costume in front of everyone, my first weigh day was yesterday and I'm 8lbs down so yey .... go me :)

• PetalPrancers
    PetalPrancers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I had major brain surgery right when Covid hit the US back in March of 2020. Spent a week in ICU solo. Came home and was pretty bed ridden for a while. Add the depression of lockdown and recovery and needless to say, I ate my feelings. I've always been on the heavy side but, this past August I had blood work done and went from pre-diabetic to an official diabetic and finally something clicked. I made major changes in what I was putting in my body. Since 8/1, I'm down 78 pounds, from 300, the heaviest I'd ever been. I'm finally feeling physically better and am able to physically start doing more as well. Add on a divorce over the last 4 months and amazingly, I haven't coped with food like I typically would have prior. I love reading other people's success stories, like yours. It helps with encouragement. Keep up the great work!
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Some people don't realize the amount of nerve/bravery it takes to reckon with a challenge to lose so much weight. I've been there and right now am clawing my way back to being average-weighted. My highest weight in my life was 264 pounds and when you're 5'3" that's a LOT. I have used a lot of tools and resources to lose weight over the years and "this time" continue to align with members of Overeaters Anonymous (not a diet but rather a blueprint for life so I have a way to deal with life without bingeing or eating not-my-food). I also weigh/log my food - today marks Day 1443 - and remind myself every day that I want to return to how great I felt when I weighed less. More energy. Ability to wear anything in my closet. Physical comfort in being seen and moving around other people, etc. This is a lifelong commitment - not until a party, celebration or holiday. I've learned that EVERYTHING counts, in ALL amounts. And that includes my willingness to do what it takes to be healthy. Best of success to you - keep going, you're doing great!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!