JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 183

Options

Replies

• coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    This group is filled with people who have lost their weight and have now been maintaining for some time, those who are well on the way in the journey to health and many who are early in the process. Would you mind sharing your top 2-3 things that have made a difference for you in this process and a few of the challenges?
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,859 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    Any tips on finding your last post. I tried putting a few emojis and it isn't working! I just scroll and scroll! I do have the page bookmarked, but it does not go back to my last post. All help is appreciated!

@amfmmama I do my posts on a PC. In the address bar the addy ends in #latest with no spaces. This always takes me to my last post.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    @playhardkf2017 Are you from NH? I am too! It is beautiful up in Jackson.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I hope your day yesterday was fantastic!
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    coblujay wrote: »
    This group is filled with people who have lost their weight and have now been maintaining for some time, those who are well on the way in the journey to health and many who are early in the process. Would you mind sharing your top 2-3 things that have made a difference for you in this process and a few of the challenges?

I find continuing to track and consistent exercise is key for me. What typically gets me is getting into the takeout food habit or letting a birthday celebration go on for several days/outings. I'm typically okay with once a week take-out but when it gets to be more than that, that's where it goes downhill for me.
  • wakegrrl
    wakegrrl Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    coblujay wrote: »

I'm definitely early in the process but here are a couple of things that have made a difference:

1. Logging everything, preferably before I eat it. This is key for me, and when I fall off the wagon, this is the first thing to go. (Corollary: weighing and measuring accurately. The food scale is making a big difference. I think it's natural tendency to estimate low and give yourself more than a serving.)
    2. Water. I just wasn't drinking enough, and what I was drinking was a lot of Coke Zero. Now I still have a Coke Zero (or two) during the day, but I make sure to get my water in.

Challenges:
    1. Being out and about. Especially with working at home, I struggle when I'm out and need to eat. I plan ahead as much as I can, but it's just hard.
    2. Managing my own expectations. Logically I know this will take time, weight loss isn't linear, etc. But that doesn't stop me wanting it NOW. :)
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,841 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @_JeffreyD_ Notification shows you sent a friend request but it’s not there.

OOPS! I see you at the bottom of my friends list rather than the Js.
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    @playhardkf2017 Are you from NH? I am too! It is beautiful up in Jackson.

Oh cool! What part of NH? I'm from the suburbs north of Boston but my in-laws have had a condo in Lincoln, NH since the 80's, so my husband and I go up as often as possible. Jackson was beautiful! We definitely plan on going back for anniversary/birthday trips. It's such a lovely little village that we hadn't really explored until now even though we go hiking a lot in the White Mountains.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    4/11 / 173.6 / Worked from home, husband travelled for business, had dinner out to celebrate my Uncle's 60th, and rode the Peloton for 60 minutes. First day back in the office tomorrow since late 2020 - wish me luck. Most people haven't seen me since I lost over 100 pounds!

@ashleycarole86 - good luck in the office! I'm sure most people will wonder who this new person is at their company and why do they know so much!