Bring IT! Part III: Team No Excuses in March

Options

Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    "I'm a work in progress.. It just takes setting your goals, and working towards them. Doing your best and forgetting the rest! If I can do it, anyone can do it!" - Nerver

That's absolutely right! Bring it again tomorrow!
    :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

I have no idea when most of you get up or on this thing, but I just woke up pumped for running! I can't believe it! So I wanted to post it on here and maybe help anyone who just isn't feeling it today! This posting here really helps me want to work out more and longer! I am so bringin' it today! Plus I heard exercise can actually help with TOM pains...so here's to hoping! :happy:

starting out a little early so just drinking a bunch of water and will eat about an hour after I get done.
    Doing an hour of running, lots of ab work, some weights for the arms and gotta love those squats! After all that a nice cool down and good stretch! I'm off to the gym! about a total of 2.5 hrs.

sweetapplepi

What is the two sit ups a day thing? Just like it says?
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    it is a gorgeous afternoon here and belgium and i am posting that i am about to go running to make sure that i acctually go running (so, if you see me later - make sure to ask how my run was-just to be sure i went!!!). plus, i did my daily bike/walk to school (25-30 minutes of both) and swam laps for another 25 minutes. i want to make sure i get lots of cardio in so that i can continue to slim down and lose my wiggely bits.
    as for eating - it is clean and sooo delicious! lots of fresh fruits and veggies plus some lean chicken or eggs thrown in here and there.
    i was having a hard time keeping up with good water drinking, but these past two days i have bought a 1 liter bottle at school and finished it before the end of class. it hleps to keep me awake and it feels great knowing that my water intake is 3/4 done before noon!
    hope your days are all sunny and full of energy as well!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    OK, just had to post as I go thru my workout to stay on top of it! I did my run! I had to use my apt "gym" ( I use this term lightly) since my school gym opens later than usual during spring break. I was kicked off early because someone was waiting and I was at about an hour. :angry: Oh well, I did hit a new goal tho! I do interval running since it is hard for me to stay focused on one long run. I was doing 5 min running and about 2 min walking when I first started, and now I am up to 15 minutes of running at a time! That is just huge for me!

ok, now I'm back home to finish my workout!

MEISJE:

Good job on your water intake! I am so used to having that much water that now my body craves it! If I happen to not get it one day, I can feel the effects the next day! I'm sure you will go running since it is a beautiful day! It is very gloomy here, so I ran inside. Good job on the workout you already did.... looks like you are so on top of it! Good Job!!
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Good morning all. After having a rough start of it this morning, THIS is what my day has become.

What a BEAUTIFUL sunrise. Watching the sun come up over the cascades. (wish I had a camera here to take a pic of it) Frost on the ground, some fog hugging the base of the mountains. The sky is just teeming with colors from bright orange,yellows, pinks and Carolina Blue what a serene sight. Makes one forget the menial things in life that doesn't seem to matter as much anymore.
    Today is a Great day!
    Today is the best day to push play!
    Today is the best day to bring it!
    Is your today the same as my today?
    Why not?
    Go out and Make it a great day!!!

Bring it in EVERYTHING you do, becuase if you don't your cheating yourself!.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Goooooood Morning Bring it BUNCH!!

yep a beautiful day today!!
    Im pumped and ready to hit my 2hr routine Im planning 30min BLCardio Max,30min Cardio Kickbox,30min WATP,30min Cardio Kickbox....in addition Im getting used to BL Yoga and have to do my 125 crunches today......I hope everyone is bringing it!!

For brunch I had cabbage and 1.5 oz corned beef im glad i entered the meat in mfp database before eating it.:drinker: Bring It everyone!! we have to in order to achieve our goals and not have any self inflicted setbacks!!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

I have no idea when most of you get up or on this thing, but I just woke up pumped for running! I can't believe it! So I wanted to post it on here and maybe help anyone who just isn't feeling it today! This posting here really helps me want to work out more and longer! I am so bringin' it today! Plus I heard exercise can actually help with TOM pains...so here's to hoping! :happy:

starting out a little early so just drinking a bunch of water and will eat about an hour after I get done.
    Doing an hour of running, lots of ab work, some weights for the arms and gotta love those squats! After all that a nice cool down and good stretch! I'm off to the gym! about a total of 2.5 hrs.

sweetapplepi

Nope that was a typo.:laugh: It's two hundred a day. =]
    Also, good job everyone on a bright and early start! :flowerforyou:
    BL last night was just a great reminder of what "cheat" days can do to you, even though the Black Team when way overboard. Great way to stay motivated by that.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'll be back later tonight to Bring IT! Thinking some P90X Core and Kenpo...we'll see how sprite I'm feeling though. Great job on the early starts today!

M
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

sweetapplepi

Nope that was a typo.:laugh: It's two hundred a day. =]
    Also, good job everyone on a bright and early start! :flowerforyou:
    BL last night was just a great reminder of what "cheat" days can do to you, even though the Black Team when way overboard. Great way to stay motivated by that.

You can say that again I hope everyone with cheat days realizes what "can" happen wow what an eye opener...i got about 1hr left of my workouts today I reallly had to press myself
  • nerveracker
    Options
    WOW holy ab work batman! unless you're training to double as a punching bag, you might want to cut the situps/crunches thing in about half as in skip a day every other day. You're not doing yourself any real favors by doing it every day, in fact you're doing just the opposite. If you trying to get a six pac or get cut, that's not exactly the way to do it.. you have to loose the body fat around your mid-section. your abs are there. Try alternating days on the ab work. you're not giving yourself time for those muscles to heal and repair.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    WOW holy ab work batman! unless you're training to double as a punching bag, you might want to cut the situps/crunches thing in about half as in skip a day every other day. You're not doing yourself any real favors by doing it every day, in fact you're doing just the opposite. If you trying to get a six pac or get cut, that's not exactly the way to do it.. you have to loose the body fat around your mid-section. your abs are there. Try alternating days on the ab work. you're not giving yourself time for those muscles to heal and repair.

Yeah, I'm going to do it every other day. I used to do sit-ups every day and couldn't figure out why my waist seemed to be getting bigger. I was then told that I was actually breaking down any muscles in that area and actually creating more fat in a sense. I did it every other day and saw better results.

Thanks for the reminder! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    food time for me..cabbage,scallions,yellow squash,tomato,1.5oz corned beef,1tbsp organic fruit spread * i eat it to curb my sweet tooth*
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i went running! i am so proud of me! :bigsmile:
    and all of you!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    i just entered all my meals today and even though it seemed like i ate a lot - it really didn't add up to much! why? because i had sooo much variety and freshness!
    like, for my midmorning snack i had some cukes, carrots, two slices of chicken and a yogurt. it was perfect! on the way home after my swim i munched on a delicious apple and before my run i had some sliced up hard boiled egg whites (great handy snacks!). i had my usual breakfast and leftoveer chicken and brown rice for dinner and also rewarded myself with a scrumptious "dessert plate" of grapes, a pear and a few thin slices of hard goat cheese!
    i know everyone says "food is fuel" but you can learn to enjoy it as well!
    good night!
    :yawn:
  • mgullette
    Options

Yeah, I'm going to do it every other day. I used to do sit-ups every day and couldn't figure out why my waist seemed to be getting bigger. I was then told that I was actually breaking down any muscles in that area and actually creating more fat in a sense. I did it every other day and saw better results.

Thanks for the reminder! :flowerforyou:

Yeah sweet, I agree with nerve. No sense in working those every day. You're putting slight tears in the muscle tissue and they need a day to repair themselves. Also, if you're not dropping body fat at the same time, you run the risk of bulking those muscles up and maybe even increasing your waist size a little bit. Or worse, hurting your back...You really don't have much to worry about. I'd jump for joy if I had a body like yours! WTG!
  • mgullette
    Options
    i just entered all my meals today and even though it seemed like i ate a lot - it really didn't add up to much! why? because i had sooo much variety and freshness!
    like, for my midmorning snack i had some cukes, carrots, two slices of chicken and a yogurt. it was perfect! on the way home after my swim i munched on a delicious apple and before my run i had some sliced up hard boiled egg whites (great handy snacks!). i had my usual breakfast and leftoveer chicken and brown rice for dinner and also rewarded myself with a scrumptious "dessert plate" of grapes, a pear and a few thin slices of hard goat cheese!
    good night!

Meisje,

I forget that you are back in Belgium and way ahead of us. Now I want cheese:bigsmile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    good night!

wow u sound like me with those fruit and cheese plates sadly i had to cut cheese this week beccause *coughs* the pipes get backed up....im glad to see im not the only one who eats chicken for breakfast LOL..im cooking some now beecause i need to go to my sisters Thur/Fri mornings by 9..so I will be getting up at 5am to get in my 2hrs *no excuses* ...I curried one piece of chicken the other one has spicy hot goodness& cumin on it LOL and the third has lemon pepper....i do this so i dont get bored with my food options and yet i can bake them all in the same pan...thks for reminding me to get cukes lol..i may venture into getting some hummus and dish out myself some and leave the rest at my sisters so I dont over do it......
  • mgullette
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Glad to see we're all bringing it. I'll be honest, I've been really under the weather the past few days. Headaches, fatigue, aches, overall feeling exhausted. Not sure what's going on. I got off to a false start on exercise yesterday and today. Got 15 minutes in and was too tired to continue. Muscles hurt? I'm going to rest up tonight and hopefully be back in full-force tomorrow!

Good night!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Take care, M!
    :flowerforyou:
    Feel better soon.
    I'm glad to hear the rest of you say I can cut back on those &%$# crunches!:wink:
    I started the 200 in Feb challenge & have been continuing almost daily.

I had a great workout today...
    how about y'all?
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    man you guys don't give up? you mean I have to workout everyday? come on. I can't today, it's raining
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    man you guys don't give up? you mean I have to workout everyday? come on. I can't today, it's raining

They make this new kind of umbrella that has weights :laugh: :laugh: Good night Bring it Bunch I have to get up early 4:45am to do my workouts...I hope everyone has a BRING IT day!!! M get well!!!