Vaping and Fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Given how new vaping is, I am interested in seeing longitudinal data in the years to come. That said, I most definitely concede that, for adults, it's likely a logical method of harm reduction.

And yes I recognize that it's not legal for minors to smoke in the US, but let's not pretend that people under 18 don't smoke.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Even the FDA publicly announced that vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking.

I smoked for over 40 years and was smoking 3 packs a day. Almost 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with COPD and was told I had the lung capacity of a person with one lung.

It took me about 6 months to wean myself from smoking to vaping, and I have not smoked a cigarette for over 2 years now.

Here is a running plan I completed in the beginning of this year...

009r1jeuatc7.png

Suck on that COPD!!!

:)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I had an opportunity years ago to work with one of the leading companies on flavored Vaping whatever it's called. I told myself when I started recruiting that I would never work with a company that I felt sacrificed/compromised my ethics and integrity. I turned them down to work with them. They were floored that I would do it for moral reasons. My stepson has stopped smoking but vapes regularly. Seeing how addicted he is still to nicotine along with all the flavors marketed to kids tells me I made the right decision for me. I sleep well at night.

I don't think anyone really knows how dangerous yet vaping is. I know this is an older thread that was resurrected (and I understand for some it's the lesser of two evils) but it's not healthy either.

This post is more or less exactly how I feel about this topic.
  • bertiebowin
    bertiebowin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be doing fitness or working in the gym and vaping at the same time.
  • angela_boinkers
    angela_boinkers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don’t vape nicotine, but I sometimes vape cannabis (trying to quit that too…munchies). But not at the gym.
  • bertiebowin
    bertiebowin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be doing fitness or working in the gym and vaping at the same time.

This will have a bad effect on your lungs and heart, because during exercise your lungs are tense and under pressure, and during smoking the opposite effect, which harms your lungs. In addition, menthol vape juices have a special contraindication, which have a chill in their taste, they are very dangerous if you are vaping it and doing some physical exercises at the same time. It is best to smoke an electronic cigarette when you are in a state of calm and relaxation, then the risk to health is minimal and besides, your lungs will not suffer at all. Good luck man!
  • exoxion
    exoxion Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vaping increases metabolism by 10 % and i can jog around 10 miles non stop if i have a 2 day pre rest window however i feel like my resting bpm is a little higher due to vaping im about 55 and i really feel it should be in the high 40s
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    exoxion wrote: »
    Vaping increases metabolism by 10 %

Citation? You do realize that a higher RHR does not mean a higher metabolic rate......