156-Pound Weight loss, and so much more!

2»

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    This landed on top of me today. I too, read your blog and so enjoyed the honesty, vulnerability, and just plain great writing. I felt tears welling up in my own eyes at your response to peeking at your file. What a gift you gave yourself. I had forgotten until recently that I am ultimately doing this work for my future self. That might be my next-week-self, or my in-10-years-self. But your post is proof of my "why." Thank you so much for this. What a lovely post to stumble on today. I haven't been as active tracking or reading posts. Something guided me to you today :)
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    You've certainly had your hardships and it's amazing how strong you've been through them. You are a great lesson for all of us; not just for losing weight, but for the general "don't give up" theme of your journey. I'm so happy for you and very proud to have you as my friend in health.
  • redgolden966
    redgolden966 Posts: 55 Member
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING! You are an inspiration! I am just starting this journey (though I have lost more than 100 twice before but not kept it off). I began at 360 (my highest ever) and am now down 39 lb. A start. I am optimistic. And stories like yours are so motivational! I wish you and your husband the very best!
  • likopuha
    likopuha Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story. Sending healing juju as you re-calibrate your auto-immune system. You inspire!
  • The_Movie_Chair
    The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
    I'm going to be a new follower for sure.. hope your old blogs are still available? I'm down 107 lbs but need fresh encouragement; plus, I hope you add new blogs too!

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/The_Movie_Chair Not sure if it works but it's still there.
  • melrodd88
    melrodd88 Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations on your success!!! Your story is so inspiring!!

I AM that fat lady, and your story brought me to tears. I started MFP 17 days ago and am determined to do this slowly so it stays off this time!!

You should write a book…. I’ll be your first buyer!

Thank you so much for your story!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    What a fantastic boost to read in your chart. I would proud as punch, too :)
  • Mirame23
    Mirame23 Posts: 4 Member
    Wow, so so good to hear from you again! So inspiring! I logged into MFP many many times just to read and re-read your blog. (MFP are you listening?) It warms my heart and does my health good to know of your amazing success and that you are still as courageous as ever on your health journey! Hope your husband is doing well, and sending my positive thoughts for your 100% recovery soon!
  • AIP4ever
    AIP4ever Posts: 58 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing. I started at MFP with 362, now at 346 I still have a long way to go. Good luck to you and all the best. It can be done!
  • padi82
    padi82 Posts: 4 Member
    What a wonderful and inspiring story. That you held steady through all the turmoil shows that it's our emotional approach, not Life 101, that determines our long-term success. Thank you. I am a caregiver for a husband with dementia and I needed to read this today.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,408 Member
    edited April 2022
    Best MFP post, ever.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!