Romance

Options
13»

Replies

• livnlite
    Options
    Romance...you need an old sould for that these days, from what I am told.

Flowers...you are correct, Very over done, and they only last a short moment. Essentially, they die WITH the sentiment.

If a guy is going to swoon his lady, then he need to embelish the every day thoughts and actions. Yes, Dim the lights, burn the candles...add in some single instrument soft jazz or blues. Close off the entry way by whateaver means possible. Greet her at the door, with passionate, thrist quenching kiss like no other. Get her out of her shoes, use a dark slik scarf to blind-fold her as you guide her to a hot bubble bath. The drink of favour is chilled, the chocolate covered strawberries there to feast upon....

I think you may be missing the point why 'some' guys give their lady flowers (whether it be a bigazz bouquet or a single rose .. It's not because THEY like 'em sooo much ... It because they know their lady likes them so much.. They know it' s pleases their love'd one. It's all about sending a message to someone they love. It's not always about .. "ahhh crap, gotta send the ol' lady flowers .. cause she'll be expecting something for her birthday and ya know what they COST??? I better get some'n tonight!"

Noooo ... it's not always like THAT!

Agreed .. yes, most certainly the flower dies .. as it's supposed to .. But the sentiment LIVES and lingers. It's all about intention.

Decent debate, but you have then set the stage for expectation for flowers. Flowers are easy, no thought process, a quick stop, and rarely a meaning...Romance is from the heart, not a simplistic gesture.

Again, I think you have missed my exact point ... A simplistic gesture is from the heart...There is a huge difference between simply getting it done so you say you did it or doing something to please someone. It's all about intention.

Krikey .. My hubby can even offer me the garnish on his plate as a simplistic gesture like it was a beautiful flower .. It's NOT about the flower .. It's about the intention of the gesture.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    About 3 years ago we had the opportunity to enjoy a holiday in the middle of the Knysna forest...We enjoyed champagne and had a few tablespoons of mousse, strawberries and cream. We tend to speak a lot about romance but those acting it out is the true gentleman...others feel the effort is just not worth it.

RuanFotos_004.jpg

RuanFotos_003.jpg

RuanFotos_001.jpg
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    all day at work listening to people complaine abt what they dont have or appreciate 125.00
    bus fare to and from work 5.60
    get home walk thr the door all the lights are off, hubby has set the table for a candlelight dinner of my favorites,soft music in the background, he comes out of the kitchen and serves me dinner. NAKED
    without me having to tell him,its not my birthday or special holiday its "just because".

PRICELESS {@}-->-->---

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Romance...you need an old sould for that these days, from what I am told.

Flowers...you are correct, Very over done, and they only last a short moment. Essentially, they die WITH the sentiment.

If a guy is going to swoon his lady, then he need to embelish the every day thoughts and actions. Yes, Dim the lights, burn the candles...add in some single instrument soft jazz or blues. Close off the entry way by whateaver means possible. Greet her at the door, with passionate, thrist quenching kiss like no other. Get her out of her shoes, use a dark slik scarf to blind-fold her as you guide her to a hot bubble bath. The drink of favour is chilled, the chocolate covered strawberries there to feast upon....

I think you may be missing the point why 'some' guys give their lady flowers (whether it be a bigazz bouquet or a single rose .. It's not because THEY like 'em sooo much ... It because they know their lady likes them so much.. They know it' s pleases their love'd one. It's all about sending a message to someone they love. It's not always about .. "ahhh crap, gotta send the ol' lady flowers .. cause she'll be expecting something for her birthday and ya know what they COST??? I better get some'n tonight!"

Noooo ... it's not always like THAT!

Agreed .. yes, most certainly the flower dies .. as it's supposed to .. But the sentiment LIVES and lingers. It's all about intention.

Decent debate, but you have then set the stage for expectation for flowers. Flowers are easy, no thought process, a quick stop, and rarely a meaning...Romance is from the heart, not a simplistic gesture.

Again, I think you have missed my exact point ... A simplistic gesture is from the heart...There is a huge difference between simply getting it done so you say you did it or doing something to please someone. It's all about intention.

Krikey .. My hubby can even offer me the garnish on his plate as a simplistic gesture like it was a beautiful flower .. It's NOT about the flower .. It's about the intention of the gesture.

So if you werent married, and I gave you my garnish....are you sure I wasnt gesturing something else? Just sayin'. LoL

I know what you mean, and possible settled best with...Romance is the effort put forth to instil passion of the heart for another.
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am not a very demonstrative person. But....A day doesn't go by that I don't tell my wife I love her. I can't pass her in the kitchen or hallway without touching her. The romance is in the way she holds my face in her hands when she kisses me. The way she watches me when she thinks I am not looking

I still open her doors for her. I still try and cop a feel every chance I get

This may be the sexyiest thing I have ever read!

AGREED!!!:blushing:
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    About 3 years ago we had the opportunity to enjoy a holiday in the middle of the Knysna forest...We enjoyed champagne and had a few tablespoons of mousse, strawberries and cream. We tend to speak a lot about romance but those acting it out is the true gentleman...others feel the effort is just not worth it.

RuanFotos_004.jpg

RuanFotos_003.jpg

RuanFotos_001.jpg

now thats my kinda romance!! im a sucker for stuff like that! i would totally melt!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    also random hand holding...and random dancing...and no not the icarly kind :wink:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    this thread makes me so happy.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Another thing that is romantic.

<
    this photo.

I was having another bad day, it was random and for some reason he and I were arguing. He had heard me recently say I really wanted to get photos of myself and the kids done(this is before he and I had met).

So out of nowhere he calls me and says "do me a favor, call this woman...she is a photographer... see if she'll do what you want, and if so I'll arrange it"

who thinks of things like that?
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    The most recent experience of romance I had was during a work day I got news from the doc that I needed more tests. I was worried, scared and emotional about it. I was chatting with my then boyfriend (now ex) and he was being very sensitive and caring. Then he politely told me he had to go, he had an important client to attend to so he wouldn't be able to chat.

I took a quick break from my desk and when I came back, he was sitting in my chair. I cried a little when I saw him because it was so kind and sweet and unexpected. And it was simple. His day was done, I was the important client. It meant all the world to me and made my day.

That to me was romantic. It wasn't a huge gesture or expensive. But it meant a lot to me for him to cut a little time out of his work day to hug me and tell me it would be alright.
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My husband always tells me I'm looking beautiful when clearly I'm a mess.
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Did I mention he helps me clip coupons? He tries to cut them all for me so I don't have to do it lol
  • Random_Name
    Options
    Romance is what a guy does to get in a girl's pants. Or dress.
    Let me guess......you're under the age of 25?
    Let me guess...you're a prickly b*tch?

Have a little more fun in life.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Flowers are easy, no thought process, a quick stop, and rarely a meaning...Romance is from the heart, not a simplistic gesture.

Exactly what I was trying to say!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Just last night...

He showed up at the door with a CD he had made of his favorite romantic songs and asked me to dance. While we are slow dancing in my living room he looks at me and says "These songs used to make me think of a woman like you...but I just hadn't found her until now."