Who fills in their diary for the next day??

Options
13»

Replies

• omardragon
    Options
    I did the same then i end up eating more than what i wrote down i kinda plan it out then keep adding through out the day to my diary so i know how much calories left to take in
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i do, becaue if not, i'll nosh on things all day. i am usually able to give myself a little wiggle room, and i always over-estimate what i'll eat. its sooooooo much fun to take things off the list.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I do it if I know what I'm having for lunch. Just so I don't have to do it later. I eat the same thing at work for breakfast and lunch M-F so it's pretty easy to enter it quickly as I finish up my calories for the current day.
  • JenniferVegas
    JenniferVegas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't.

What I do is fill it out before I start cooking.

If I have 600 calories left and the hamburger with cheese puts me at 700 then I know I can either remove the cheese or just workout those extra 100 calories.
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well I'm glad to know I'm not the "only" one who isn't doing this! I too feel very disorganised now :embarassed:

But I can see how planning ahead will stop the whole "100 cals for dinner" problem, so will have to see if I can get organised enough to do this...!
  • zebra1965
    zebra1965 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do for breakfast and lunch, but that's it. If I want to add something out of the blue, I can do so. That's the beauty of MFP...it doesn't lock you down into a "diet". It works as long as you follow it!!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I will if I'm going out and want to account for drinks or foods that are out of my normal range so I can adjust my other meals and/or exercise for the day and still have room to enjoy.
  • belinda_b
    belinda_b Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Constantly I do. I may not 100% stick to it and it may change, but gives me a general idea of where I am and what I can have.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I try to do it but it doesn't always happen. The days that I do go MUCH better.I might not log each meal andsnack but it lets me know what I can have with the meals I didn't log....hope that makes sense.
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    I always plan my food for the following day, the day before. Like with other people here, it allows to me either get things out the freezer, but also helps me stay on track. Once I've decided I rarely deviate. Though tomorrow I'm a bit stuck because I'm out for dinner at the pub with friends and there's no menu online to pre plan what I will have lol so I'm leaving myself plenty of calories for my dinner.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't do it for the next day, but if I know what I am eating for lunch or dinner I will go ahead and put it in to see how many calories it leaves me for the rest of my meals..or what portion size I am able to have.
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes! Pre-packing food & pre-logging cals always helps me stay on track!
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I do this every night. I know what I have in my kitchen since I do all of the grocery shopping so it makes it easier. Plus you get to do adjustments such as balancing out carbs, protein, ect. It just makes the day go so much smoother. :happy:
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I never do that, but good on those who can. What's for dinner? Iffits. If it's in the fridge or freezer I'm gonna eat it.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I do! It helps too! The only thing I never add is dinner because I never know what's for dinner.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If I track I do because it helps me stick to a specific limit. If I don't, it's easy to go above.
  • tcfor3
    tcfor3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have not been doing this - but it sounds like a great idea! I have been having a hard time getting in the calories I am suppose to every day - maybe this will help ;)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I actually have started to fill in mine for Saturday!!!!!!!!!!! I am saving calories this week so I can really enjoy some REAL football food.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    If I don't do it the day before, I do it in the morning. It helps me stay on track. :)
    Me too!
    I'm glad to see others do this... I always feel a little awkward getting "good work out!" posts when I haven't actually DONE the workout yet. LOL But it's so much easier. I also use it this way to decide what to eat sometimes-- if I'm at a restaraunt for instance, to decide between one dish or another, see how it fits into my day first.
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    I'm such a nerd that I plan mine week by week - so at the start of the week I know exactly what's happening lol