New (but not really)

Options
cjcj748
cjcj748 Posts: 12 Member
Hi all, I would like to call myself "new" but this must be the 10th time I've started over. Posting for accountability - I need to stick to a plan instead of getting 2 months in and losing interest because I'm not seeing results fast enough! Any tips for keeping motivated/disciplined beyond a few weeks would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Replies

• 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋🏼 Welcome back

Motivation won't always be there. It's the first thing that disappears when you feel sad. You need a plan that's easy enough to stick to so you can stay consistent.
    Just make small changes and add to it as you go. Join a monthly challenge to help you stay accountable.

Planning your meals, keeping the right kinds of food that you actually like (not the kinds that you think you should force yourself to eat). Plan your workout ahead before the day, set the minimum you should do and more if you feel stronger or motivated that day. But stick to the minimum that you 'promised' you would do for yourself.

• cjcj748
    cjcj748 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! All good advice, I think I try to do too much too fast then give up when it doesn't work immediately. I need some patience!
  • Ninina24
    Ninina24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your post could absolutely be me. I am that yo-yo dieter and really need to make a life change. I have had the success and know how much better I feel when I am leading a healthier lifestyle. Struggling to turn that switch “on” so the weight can come off. I totally feel your frustration. But that being said….. I know we have it in us. I’m focusing on 1 goal this week: limit alcohol this week. We can do this!
  • Mikeruns2021donotaddme
    Options
    Best way to stay with it is to track actions not results. You can control if you do the right things and over time you will get the results. Looking at the results day to day are not nearly as important as action. Keep that in mind and you’ll do better 🙌🏻🙌🏻