Betsy in NW WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Keep losing my posts. Really tired with the time change so will post more later on

Michele
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Tracey: A man who can make you laugh is a godsend 😃 Enjoy all you time with the grands. They grow so quickly.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Rebecca - you don't have to sleep together to have fun together. You have a very big house.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxx

Sleeping
    We stopped sleeping in the same bed about 4 years ago. It's good. We still share the same room, but split our king and have our heads in the opposite corners of the room.

Sleeping is very important to both of us and our sleeping arrangement allows us to sleep peacefully without disturbing each other.

Snoring
    One of the reasons we arranged the sleeping room the way we did is because we both snore. Having our heads in opposite corners of the room means that we don't have our snoring faces right next to each other. The distance helps tone down the noise.

We also both use earplugs to block out the noise.

And I have created a sleep cocoon for myself that consists of the earplugs, a sleep mask over my eyes, a light headband over the mask and my ears to hold the mask in place and to add an extra layer over my ears, and now my mouth guard to keep from grinding my teeth. Then I'm surrounded in pillows which I also use to block out noise, light, etc.

Tinnitus Apps
    I think Lynette might have asked about the Tinnitus Apps which my audiologist recommended.

1) Resound Relief App
    https://www.resound.com/en-au/hearing-aids/apps/relief

The idea is to listen to a sound of my choice for 2-4 hours a day at a volume where I can hear both the sound AND my tinnitus. Doing that will, apparently, cause my brain to get used to the sound and eventually ignore it and at the same time also ignore my tinnitus.

2) Widex Zen Tinnitus
    https://www.widexpro.com/en-au/business-support/tinnitus-solutions/

Same idea as the first with some additional relaxation features.

I have balanced earbuds on top of my earplugs, under my headband, in the midst of my sleep cocoon to enjoy peaceful sounds as I relax before sleep.

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lanette,

A few years ago, we bought a tire inflater you plug in to your cigarette lighter...and we have used it more than we thought we would! It's a worthwhile investment. Peace of mind.

Karen in Virginia
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    Hello, my chickens,

Machka - Hope the storm system isn't as bad as the one while your DH was hospitalized... we're looking at flood watches all over our area this morning, too, the ground is just saturated right now. Glad you've got a long weekend to recuperate.

Tracey - I agree with Ginny, the chores for ceramics thing is genius! Our world is so transactional that learning how to navigate those agreements is a great skill to learn early.

Re sleep: You never know, of course, but I think if I had as many things as Machka does on and around my head, I'd have nightmares of being trapped. If my sheet just falls on my neck, I wake up thinking I'm strangling. My ex-husband had horrible sleep apnea, the first year we were married. I'd try to match my breathing to his in order to get to sleep, and eventually would have to wake him to make him breathe. They eventually tested him and fit him with a sleep mask, and it was much like sleeping with Darth Vader.
    I have trouble convincing DH how important he is in our grandchildren's lives. In my view he is mega. MEGA. Heather UK xxxxxx
    Heather - I agree with you. That Max was asking for time with your DH just warmed my heart. Kids really do know who they can turn to and who they're comfortable with. I'm so glad both of you are in your grandchildren's lives. It matters so much, and it's important to both of you as well as the kids.

Well, the tree cutters came and went and left an absolutely horrendous mess on the fenceline - and with the rain expected today, I doubt they'll be back until Friday to clean up. It's not like we were planning on anything involving the fenceline, so it's not an issue. They'll get here when they get here.

Really liking creating a "done" list, it's a real boost to my sense of being useful - and a nice reminder for my forgettery, so I can tell whether I did something or just thought I did it. :smiley:

Laundry to fold, an ironing board to create from my old card table if I can get Egg to move. She slept on it all night and all morning, too. Weird little cat.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather, Johnny o:) has given your grandchildren the gift of himself, and they have all enthusiastically accepted his gift. Their love for him is a gift, too, freely given. If he could just see it that way, perhaps he could more easily accept how very important he is to them...it is clear to all of us, thanks to your sharing.

<3

Karen in Virginia

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Lanette,

A few years ago, we bought a tire inflater you plug in to your cigarette lighter...and we have used it more than we thought we would! It's a worthwhile investment. Peace of mind.

Karen in Virginia

Karen! THANK YOU for the suggestion!!! Amazon has lots to choose from. Make/model of yours?

DH has an old air compressor, probably 20 years old. It's been sitting in the woodshed and was covered with bird-doo, not even sure if it works. I'm guessing he is hesitant to use it because it would involve a lot of bending and squirming around, who knows. Maybe it's not registering in his brain. He's normally good at taking the reins on this stuff but for some reason he's not taking the bait and I've been on the verge of nagging, which makes him grumpy. >:)

Lanette B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Machka - Hope the storm system isn't as bad as the one while your DH was hospitalized... we're looking at flood watches all over our area this morning, too, the ground is just saturated right now. Glad you've got a long weekend to recuperate.

Re sleep: You never know, of course, but I think if I had as many things as Machka does on and around my head, I'd have nightmares of being trapped. If my sheet just falls on my neck, I wake up thinking I'm strangling.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

It doesn't bother me ... in fact, I feel like something's missing if I try to sleep without it all. :)

I started sleeping with the eye mask because I was waking up with very dry sore eyes and came to realise that I was sleeping with my eyes slightly open. I sleep much better with my eyes held shut.

And without hearing anything.

And without grinding my teeth to powder.

:):)

If it's cool, I kind of roll myself into my blankets, and of course, have the pillows on either side of my body. I like feeling contained when I sleep, and I sleep quite deeply most of the time.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Lisa, Karen - DH is a very modest man. <3 He feels very lucky to be included in the grandchildren 's lives - something he never expected. To him, his ability to relate to them is just a natural thing. :)

The day dawned sunny and still. I went out for my run. Gorgeous! DH had already left for cricket when I got back.
    On the way home I took this photo for Rebecca. Every time I pass it, I think of her.
    u72m6c7lnxm1.jpg

I'm making progress with my layout of my book. Did some work on it this morning.

Will do some more rowing this afternoon, before Waitrose delivery. A quick nap is in my future. I have cooked some brown rice, and will make a ragu and stuff some peppers. I can microwave DH'S portion when he gets in. I ate too much lunch, including Wan Tun soup, so no afternoon snack for me. :|

Love you lots, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Ginny I use a cream with Arnica when I get leg cramps in the night. It works well for me. It is an herb related to the sunflower. So if have allergies to sunflower not a good choice.
  • KetoneKaren
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Lanette, I think this model may be discontinued - VIAIR 0073 - 70P. I do see comparable newer VIAIR models ranging from $45 to $90 on Amazon, though.

I like this because it is compact and portable. We use it for the lawn tractor, the trailer, and our car tires. With the worry, inconvenience, and time it has saved, it paid for itself long ago.

Karen in Virginia
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Margaret!!! I was just thinking about you and wondered if RITA came cruising back through town! Had the windows open. Went for a long-ish (with my knees) walk outside. OMGosh... amazing!

Actually playing hooky from work this afternoon to head out to the "big lake" Minnetonka for lunch at Maynard's and then "Escape to Margaritaville" at The Old Log. SO excited. Although I'm not his mother, he always treats me to something special for Mother's Day.

Carla, in MN