• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    To the newcomers ...

ax6gu2zpyd2y.png
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Karen - one of the things I love most about my husband is his sense of humour and ability to make me laugh.
    I have made a promise to him and our girls that I would join in on a family tattoo. We will each get one that has the word Ohana in it. My eldest daughter has a leg done with all of the birth month flowers of her immediate family and one close friend and her daughters. There is a ribbon going through that has Ohana on it.
    DH is waiting until all Grandchildren are born and capable and is going to do a wav file of them saying the Line from Lili and Stitch.
    Youngest daughter is just going to have the word in script.
    After much consideration I have decided to have a bouquet of purple violets with a ribbon that has Ohana written on it. The violet is the provincial flower for NB where I’m from and also the birth month flower for February when both of my girls were born. I will get it in my thigh. I’m not a fan, but a promise is a promise.
    I just need to get the courage up to do it.

Rita - please share! I miss posting pictures.

Rebecca - I am having snoring issues too. Other things I’ve tried which according to my hubby has helped a bit is being “very hydrated”, a humidifier and recently I have been using a saline nose spray. I also need to lose some weight. I have been tested for sleep apnea several times now and only have snoring instances. One test said I had 700 in one night!
    I feel like there is mucous in my throat all the time. My doctor is sending me for allergy tests next.

Heather - we have thought about separate rooms, but chose not to. As long as he is asleep before me he can sleep through it.

Lanette - Scotty’s last 4 songs have all made number 1. It’s pretty impressive.

I have been told by my boss to have a “whatever you want to do day” tomorrow. The power is going to be shut off twice tomorrow and we won’t have computers. So I can go in, stay home, do what I want. I haven’t made a decision yet.

On Saturday my girls, granddaughter and I are going to ceramics. I took my granddaughter a couple of weeks ago as her Easter present and she convinced me to let her do two pieces. I told her she would have to dust to earn the second piece. Her mother texted me tonight to tell me that Michaela is already debating what chores she can do for me so she can do two pieces this week too. She is 6 and smart as a whip, she’s also not afraid to work for what she wants.

I’m looking forward to the day, we will be coming back home having homemade pizza and calling the NB family to tell them the pregnancy news.

Tracey in Edmonton

Hey fellow snorer... *secret handshake* oops forgot the last bit...lol! I might just try the humidifier, and the saline snore spray. I did a snore spray which was mint based once. I too have to "hack" during the night, or blow my nose. I have always had a mucus blob in the morning...I know tmi..... Ooh mucus blob sisters has a nice "ring" to it!!???
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Lisa, Karen - DH is a very modest man. <3 He feels very lucky to be included in the grandchildren 's lives - something he never expected. To him, his ability to relate to them is just a natural thing. :)

The day dawned sunny and still. I went out for my run. Gorgeous! DH had already left for cricket when I got back.
    On the way home I took this photo for Rebecca. Every time I pass it, I think of her.
    u72m6c7lnxm1.jpg

I'm making progress with my layout of my book. Did some work on it this morning.

Will do some more rowing this afternoon, before Waitrose delivery. A quick nap is in my future. I have cooked some brown rice, and will make a ragu and stuff some peppers. I can microwave DH'S portion when he gets in. I ate too much lunch, including Wan Tun soup, so no afternoon snack for me. :|

Love you lots, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Awe, sweet! That's cute! Love the fairies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) My husband and I sleep in separate rooms. I snore and he talks in his sleep and makes noises and thrashes around. Each of us has occasional wakeful times in the middle of the night. I get up at 12:30 to take the dogs out which involves turning on some lights. I go to bed earlier and get up earlier. Separate rooms is a great solution for us.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

We do that when we travel ... as much as possible, we get 2-bedroom accommodations. :)

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Tinnitus Apps
    I think Lynette might have asked about the Tinnitus Apps which my audiologist recommended.

1) Resound Relief App
    https://www.resound.com/en-au/hearing-aids/apps/relief

The idea is to listen to a sound of my choice for 2-4 hours a day at a volume where I can hear both the sound AND my tinnitus. Doing that will, apparently, cause my brain to get used to the sound and eventually ignore it and at the same time also ignore my tinnitus.

2) Widex Zen Tinnitus
    https://www.widexpro.com/en-au/business-support/tinnitus-solutions/

Same idea as the first with some additional relaxation features.

I have balanced earbuds on top of my earplugs, under my headband, in the midst of my sleep cocoon to enjoy peaceful sounds as I relax before sleep.

Machka in Oz

@SophieRosieMom (Lanette) ... I think it was you who asked about the apps.

Tonight I don't need the app. I can listen to the rain pounding on the roof! :)

The average rainfall for May is 46 mm.
    We've had 42 mm in the past 10 hours.

M in Oz

• Whidislander
    Options
    Got up at 6 am! I know, surprised me too! After exercising at the gym, we need to stop over to the on base clinic and I need to pick up my BP bills, and schedule my yearly appointment. So I have a couple of questions when I go:
    -I want to have better sleep. I want to snore less, and shut down my brain. There are nights where I sit and contemplate life. I fiddle with the sheets, switch positions like a zillion times, pick my nails until I need to get up and put on a bandaid, its so silly.
    -I am still swirling with vertigo at night as well. Just a couple but man, it gets tiresome. Maybe I have a whole ears, nose throat issue?
    -would love a sleep aide, but disconnected using the one I was on. It just kicked in late in the night, and I had the medicine head in the morning. Plus when it did kick in, I snored twice as loud and wouldn't follow husbands urges to "switch positions".
    I would love to just get it all sorted, but like most things, there isn't a quick fix to it all.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    I posted the picture directions on pg 9 in a spoiler.

Heather what is Kedgeree?

RvRita
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Lol! I do know that I snore particularly loud sometimes, because I'll be dreaming and I am shouting, or singing, and its like I'm not getting it out! Then I wake up in mid snort!
    Rebecca
    Wa
    Me too🤔. That’s how a bedmate once described me in bed … not really snoring but breathing real heavy. And I sometimes wake myself up from the middle of a dream because I am shouting😅
    Small world
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Lanette, I think this model may be discontinued - VIAIR 0073 - 70P. I do see comparable newer VIAIR models ranging from $45 to $90 on Amazon, though.

I like this because it is compact and portable. We use it for the lawn tractor, the trailer, and our car tires. With the worry, inconvenience, and time it has saved, it paid for itself long ago.

Karen in Virginia

I looked again at Amazon and was overcome by decision fatigue! So I grabbed DH's little Black and Decker Air Station, cleaned off the bird doo, and announced I was going to try my luck at getting those front tires inflated. He said "it's easy to use."

And by golly, it was. The front tires were both at 20 PSI, now I have them up to around 28. Recommended is 29. They have enough air to take me to town to the tire store next week, this will give me a chance to see if they hold air OK til then.

I learned how to check the year the tires were made. 2006. Might be time for new ones even though they have a lot of tread left.

I'll check on the portable DC air compressors at the O'Reilly auto parts store next week.

Rebecca - good luck with the sleep! Hope they can find something that helps.

I have blackout curtains in my bedroom but light still creeps in along the edges so I go to sleep with a little pillow over my nose/eyes. Tried a sleeping mask like Machka uses but it just wasn't comfortable. DH and I have long slept in separate bedrooms because of "snore wars". :D I also take 6 mg melatonin and a couple different magnesium tablets. Unless my allergies are acting up and giving me sinus headaches, I sleep well.

Barbie - good idea staying away from social engagements and germy people, lol. My walking friend thinks she caught it at a women's retreat where she was exposed - symptoms less than 2 days later. That's pretty quick but that might be how it works these days.

I ran into town the other day in the afternoon, Walmart was pretty crowded, long lines. I did a nasal rinse and gargled when I got home just in case any germs were thinking of setting up shop in my nose and throat. I normally am in there before 7 when other shoppers are scarce. I preferred it that way prior to the pandemic too, when it's not so "peopley."

Lanette B)
    Soggy and chilly SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    You ever have a night /day where you just need sleep well that was me last night and this morning.Fell asleep around 5 last night woke up around 10:30pm was awake until like 1:30 am and then back to sleep ..got up and fed Alfie was awake for a couple hours and went back to sleep until 11 am..
    Sheesh. I guess I needed it..
    Tire inflators lol,i had one in my car.. when Doris and I were at the Cape last Thanksgiving time lol i tried it when I got a screw in my tire ( which) i didnt know I had.. and the thing started smoking.. soooo as soon as I got home I ordered triple A.. and that solved that.. no more of that craziness..
    Today is my day at the hairdressers ,will be taking Tracy and Carmine next Tuesday.. all my dinner pals are going on a cinco di Mayo cruise tonight but I wont be home from the hairdresser in time.. so i will take Carolyns dog Ginger out for her at 6:30 tonight
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Machka ... I was the one who asked for the links to the apps! Thank you!

Beth
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    💖🌸💐
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lanette, Yay! You got it solved. Less worry now. :)

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have a rainy day so far. I am ready to watch the rain from my windows. Yesterday was dry and pleasant. Today is snug and cozy inside.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Terri--Sorry for your loss.

Tina--Great vacation pictures, sorry about the food. I hope you did feedback so they can hopefuly fix the problem.

I have started a "Done" list and hope that helps me get motivated to get things done. I was off yesterday and other than going to the doctor I did not get anything done. I did cook supper and clean up the kitchen, but took a nap in the afternoon and did nothing else. I go Monday afternoon to see the doctor about the results of the heart test done yesterday. All the tech said was I can not tell you anything.

Rita--So happy they got your problem with posting pictures fixed. That fire looks pretty close. Interteresting tent. Thanks for sharing.

Tracey--Good for you having the grandchildren earn the extra ceramics. I have my 2 grand daughters help with chores and I pay them. It gives them pride in having their own money that they earned. Children need to learn that not all things will be given to them. I do think when they earn and buy with their own money they take better care of what they get.

Heather--I agree with the other ladies that your DH is a Blessing to your DGC and they will have great memories of him and the time they spent together with both of you.

Rebecca--I agree I would love to be able to go to bed and sleep. I toss and turn and think about life and all the mistakes I have made or what bad things can happen. I do pray alot and get to sleep only to wake up a couple hours later. Been better and getting back to sleep. But feel I need more sleep when the alarm goes off. But then on my days off I am awake before the alarm would be going off if it was a work day. Just never ends.

Another rainy day. No rain or moisture for months and now this last week we have made up for it. Sure glad we have the new gutters and water is away from the house. Have DGS's graduation from pre-school tonight. So hoping to get home early.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    It's a week since I returned from our London get-together, and so far.... no covid! :o Can hardly believe it.

Kedgeree, Rita, is a smoked haddock and rice dish. It originated in India, in the days of the British Raj, and it is lightly spiced. I use a Delia Smith recipe, and add frozen peas to the mix. We adore it.
    https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/occasions/mothers-day/mothers-day-breakfast-and-brunch/kedgeree

Going to put my peppers in the oven. :D Ragu is ready in the IP. Parmesan is grated.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Lanette,

A few years ago, we bought a tire inflater you plug in to your cigarette lighter...and we have used it more than we thought we would! It's a worthwhile investment. Peace of mind.

Karen in Virginia

Karen! THANK YOU for the suggestion!!! Amazon has lots to choose from. Make/model of yours?

DH has an old air compressor, probably 20 years old. It's been sitting in the woodshed and was covered with bird-doo, not even sure if it works. I'm guessing he is hesitant to use it because it would involve a lot of bending and squirming around, who knows. Maybe it's not registering in his brain. He's normally good at taking the reins on this stuff but for some reason he's not taking the bait and I've been on the verge of nagging, which makes him grumpy. >:)

Lanette B)

We have one of the Ryobi tire pump- Uses the same batteries as my dh's other tools. We used it so much that we wore it out. Great for car tires but also the kids balls too.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18V-Cordless-High-Pressure-Inflator-with-Digital-Gauge-Tool-Only-P737D/307627867

We found a sale that had this with the battery for $25 a few months ago.

Debbie