If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @RennieHJ - Tiramisu is wonderful. I've been 'ruined' though...at a huge work 'potluck' someone made one and it was the most angelic one I've ever had. None now can live up to it😥
    ps....I think that 'phyllo pastry dessert' is Galaktoboureko (Greek dessert - basically a creamy custard/phyllo dessert.)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,114 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

<snip>

Oh those companies that mess with a good thing...why 'fix' something that's SO not broken??

You mean like the engineers on MFP?

A friend told me that when his mom was alive, her pie crusts weren't nearly as tasty when they took trans fat out of Crisco. Is that why they changed Butterfinger? I haven't had one in years. Used to be a favorite as far as candies go. Snickers probably too. I was impressed when a sea kayaking buddy brought Snickers instead of something like a Clif bar. Cheaper. Tastier. Surprisingly good mix of macros, and the go-juice to make the paddle move the boat across the water.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

<snip>

Oh those companies that mess with a good thing...why 'fix' something that's SO not broken??

You mean like the engineers on MFP? Too Funny...you are SO right!🤣

A friend told me that when his mom was alive, her pie crusts weren't nearly as tasty when they took trans fat out of Crisco. Is that why they changed Butterfinger? I haven't had one in years. Used to be a favorite as far as candies go. Snickers probably too. I was impressed when a sea kayaking buddy brought Snickers instead of something like a Clif bar. Cheaper. Tastier. Surprisingly good mix of macros, and the go-juice to make the paddle move the boat across the water.

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    fwv7bggbvswx.jpg
    0zesalvvcnfs.jpg
    832mtvzxxwol.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    This is called torture.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    zqks1iw6b8p6.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    g4z69eqaxulp.jpg
    c260egztlqnk.jpg
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    g4z69eqaxulp.jpg
    c260egztlqnk.jpg

overly greasy batter fried items are gross. TONS of better calorie dense options, like a damn good cheesecake.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    azuki84 wrote: »
    g4z69eqaxulp.jpg
    c260egztlqnk.jpg

overly greasy batter fried items are gross. TONS of better calorie dense options, like a damn good cheesecake.

Not for me. I'd rather have the fried okra, onion rings, or tempura than an overly sweet cheesecake.

AGREED! And if something is fried properly, it is not overly greasy. A tempura battered or panko crusted fried anything is WAY better than cheesecake.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Totally craving greasy/meaty.

qd73rmmq0w17.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    loit9kakawjo.jpg
    jvbixlj9rxxe.jpg
    xe8kpgxyqlt1.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    Dessert pizza
    6twcrh82n4dr.jpg
    uins65aqw7ja.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    tw5bv66dxcxn.jpg
    wdlwk7u6jtsg.jpg
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    edited May 2022
    g4z69eqaxulp.jpg
    c260egztlqnk.jpg

Not for me. I'd rather have the fried okra, onion rings, or tempura than an overly sweet cheesecake.

4ahksbca1010.png

uphidje7651r.png

e4c3dotk0w3z.png

These are DIFFERENT (MUCH less battered) than the previous ones you posted, now you are in the right direction!

You don’t know what a GOOD cheesecake tastes like! Well crafted cheesecake is not “overly sweet,” maybe the ones you buy in fast food restaurants.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    ugh I want chicken strip basket with ranch and an m&m blizzard from DQ
  • pancakerunner
    qjh07523j14u.png
  • pancakerunner
    g46dso2fcc5n.png
    also i would like to swim in a sea of freshly shredded cheese
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,114 Member
    g4z69eqaxulp.jpg
    c260egztlqnk.jpg

4ahksbca1010.png

uphidje7651r.png

e4c3dotk0w3z.png

These are DIFFERENT (MUCH less battered) than the previous ones you posted, now you are in the right direction!

You don’t know what a GOOD cheesecake tastes like! Well crafted cheesecake is not “overly sweet,” maybe the ones you buy in fast food restaurants.

I didn't post the original pictures, and you don't my preferences. I have had very good cheesecake. I used to like sweeter things. I stand by my statement that I'll take the fish and chips over cheesecake. I also prefer bagels to doughnuts.