How many ring sizes lost?

Options
2»

Replies

• SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I've been wearing the same ring on the same finger since I was 15, so my finger just has a size-5 dent. No change with weight gain or loss. But now I can take the ring off when I want. So that's good.

15!

There's a story there.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've been wearing the same ring on the same finger since I was 15, so my finger just has a size-5 dent. No change with weight gain or loss. But now I can take the ring off when I want. So that's good.

15!

There's a story there.

@SierraFatToSkinny- Lol! It's not nearly as interesting as it sounds. I have a plain silver ring that I've always loved. I'm not a jewelry person, so when we got married, I just kept wearing it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I think I was at least a size 10 at my highest, based on the fact my size 9 wedding band didn't fit. I'm a 4.5 now; so at least 5.5 lost.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Idk what my ring size was at 320#. I could still wear my 7 wedding band with a slight indentation. I got my band resized in 2015 and the jeweler put me at a 5. Same ring is loose, so maybe a 4.5 or 4. I lost 173# before resizing.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Not really sure if this is the right place for the question but...

A lot of people have mentioned losing ring sizes when they lose weight and I was wondering, how much weight did you lose and how many ring sizes did you lose with it?

I'm only down about 30lbs and I still have 100 to go but I can only wear my favorite rings on my thumbs now and I've gone from a size 9 to a 7 on my middle finger. Do you think I'm likely to drop down a lot more or am I just weirdly losing weight from my hands first? I'm already trying to figure out what to do since many of my rings can't be resized...

I lost 125 lb and went down 2 sizes. I found that I lost ring sizes in the first 50-60 lb, them my fingers kind of stabilized.

One thing I noticed was that my ruby ring (inherited from Mom) spun around after losing but I really couldn't go down in size any. It is common with rings with thinner bands and solitaire stones so I bought a ring guard which fits around the ring. the wider combined band stopped it from spinning.
    3fc8b516-2eea-4c15-b939-c9f1e0dc6a96_zpsw9gkuevc.jpg
  • SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60 lbs this time (100 lbs total) but when I started with the current 60 I was about a 5.75 and I just got my ring resized last week and its a 4.5.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i lost 80 some.

i went from a 9 to a 7 but now the 7 is loose, but with my knuckle, i dont know if i can size down again.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I don't know my specific size but over the course of this whole thing I've had to buy 2 new wedding bands in smaller sizes and my current one is loose, (I've always had inexpensive bands in alternative metals like stainless steel etc so not a big deal to just replace them).

More fascinating to me is that I've gone down an entire shoe size lol.

Same here. It was something I never even thought about when I started losing weight, until I noticed my sandals sliding off my feet one day. Apparently I even had fat feet, lol

As for OP''s question, my ring size was very close to a 9 when I started. Now I'm wearing a ring that I'm pretty sure is a 7 (I wore it as a pinky ring in my obese days), and it's very loose on me. I have several rings I need to have refitted before I can wear them.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Go to the jeweler and you can buy a thing that looks like an H. It wraps and makes the ring smaller. I've had to do this with weight loss. I only want to downsize once.

Or get some new rings!!! Lol
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Good question! I have no idea.. I just know I can't fit my wedding ring anymore
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options

15!

There's a story there.

@SierraFatToSkinny- Lol! It's not nearly as interesting as it sounds. I have a plain silver ring that I've always loved. I'm not a jewelry person, so when we got married, I just kept wearing it.

Whew!

I was imagining you as a child bride!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options

15!

There's a story there.

Whew!

I was imagining you as a child bride!

I should have constructed a whole alternative backstory for myself. Oh well. Opportunity missed. :)
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    115 pounds down and went from a tight 10 to a sort of lose 8. Not lose enough to need a ring spacer again yet though, so I doubt I could squeeze a 7 on.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Too. Damn. Many. So many rings I can't wear now... :/
  • KennyKlark478
    KennyKlark478 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    These are special adjustable mood rings that will suit you even if you lose weight. So you won't have to change your wedding ring because of your weight change. For example, after pregnancy, I gained 20 pounds, and my hands swelled up a little. I had to buy rings 2 sizes bigger. I've been on a diet for 8 months now and noticed that the new ring is already big for my middle finger. Everyone knows that a person's weight changes throughout life, especially in old age. I advise you to buy adjustable rings to protect yourself from unforeseen expenses.
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure yet. I do know my ring size went up quite a bit since I gained weight. But I forgot my ring size...last time I got my finger sized was when I got my engagement ring sized. I do remember it was an large jump in sizes. I am waiting until I drop down to normal BMI before I resize my rings. I have dropped 15 pounds thus month and my rings are already spinning. I have 25 to 35 more to go so I might have to wear my rings on a chain for a bit.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've lost 55+ kg (over 100 pounds) and my ring size has stayed the same throughout. I have to have a larger size to fit over my enlarged joints so I guess it accommodated any excess fat on my hands. I don't really think I put much weight on there anyway. Wrists, yes, fingers not so much.