Low calorie

I need tips and motivation to get back to my lowest weight with out anyone questioning what I’m doing. Currently 8 stone 12 and want to get back down to 8 stone 1 and then a little less.. I’m 5ft 5 so will be with in a health BMI if I don’t go below 7 st 13 💛 NEED HELP

Replies

• gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Personally I don’t really worry about bmi. It’s just a ratio of height to weight. It says nothing about muscle. You can be overweight by bmi standards but be in a healthy body fat range.

My best advice.. stay consistent with tracking, have fun when fun stuff comes around, and focus more on how you LOOK and feel. The scale just tells you that you are probably moving in the right direction
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Why don't you want anyone to know (or to question you?) Have you had eating disorder issues in the past?

I agree with gpanda. You have very little to lose so just eat the same foods as everyone else, just a little less of them. No one will be the wiser.

It's not easy losing that last 10-15 pounds so just go slow and live your life.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    So you just want to lose 11-15 pounds? The best advice is PATIENCE.

If you are a woman with a menstrual cycle, you may just see weight loss once per month. Be aware that many of us can gain water weight when we ovulate as well as premenstrually. Get a weight trending app like Happy Scale (iphone) or Libra (Android) and compare your weight to the same point in your cycle as last MONTH rather than last WEEK.

Like the poster above said, just eat a little less.

Your question also makes me wonder if you have had an ED in the past. In that case, this question should really be directed to your treatment team.

On the other hand, you might be dealing with nosy, food-pushy relatives. I live with my mother now, but when I was just visiting, she used to offer me everything in the house. I'd just repeat "No thanks, this is plenty" over and over and over.

At family gatherings, I would deal with food pushers by filling my plate with low calorie options. Some food pushers would look at my plate, see that it was full, and move on to someone else. Other times I would say I was saving room for dessert (which was true when there was the divine peach cobbler and not true when there were just inferior desserts.)
  • petiteerica
    petiteerica Posts: 4 Member
    I also am looking to lose weight, I've always been underweight my whole life but over the last year I've gained about 20 pounds over my ideal weight. I'm 5'1 and weigh about 130-135 lbs, work in an office and it's difficult to snack healthy. I'm trying to find ways to eat lunch healthier and most days skip breakfast.

I'm a ways a way from ideal but we have to start somewhere. Looking for tips if you have tips on snacks and to-go lunches to eat while in office, but also to keep motivated.