May 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    @4ConniesHealth Are you injured or sick? Hope whatever it is you get back to running soon.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    May Goal: 100 Miles

5/1: 12.03 miles
    5/2: 2.02 miles
    5/3: 5.05 miles
    5/4: 5.51 miles
    5/5: 5.16 miles
    5/6: 1.51 miles
    5/7: 1.06 miles
    5/8: 8.06 miles
    5/9: 2.03 miles

42.43/100 miles completed for May

I ran 2 miles this morning for my streak. It was an uneventful run, just hot and humid and that was during the coolest time of the day.

exercise.png

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Woohoo @quilteryoyo! 👏🎉 Congrats on your 1 year streak! That is a HUGE accomplishment!
  • Scott6255
    5 miles on the treadmill this morning. Just didn't feel like dealing with the heat and humidity.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    edited May 2022
    Thanks @Scott6255 ! Probably smart to choose the treadmill over heat and humidity.

Thanks @eleanorhawkins ! I hope DH changes his mind.....and, of course you are going to be sore if you haven't done much and then exercise. It's part of it. :lol: I'll be interested to see how the Garmin coach goes. I had thought about it, but haven't yet. I guess yesterday's "run" was just to see where you were. I guess that's smart. I have noticed that sometimes Garmin's suggested workout coincides closely with what I had planned anyway and sometimes it's way too ambitious. Smart to run about the same time of day as the race. Will it be cooler in the mountains?
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    Thanks @eleanorhawkins ! I hope DH changes his mind.....and, of course you are going to be sore if you haven't done much and then exercise. It's part of it. :lol: I'll be interested to see how the Garmin coach goes. I had thought about it, but haven't yet. I guess yesterday's "run" was just to see where you were. I guess that's smart. I have noticed that sometimes Garmin's suggested workout coincides closely with what I had planned anyway and sometimes it's way too ambitious. Smart to run about the same time of day as the race. Will it be cooler in the mountains?

Not likely, the start/finish is in the village where my mother lives and it tends to be a little hotter up there than down here by the beach. If I'm lucky the humidity will be lower though. My weather app only goes 2 weeks out, but the Sunday beforehand it's promising around 84f at midday. Not much by the standards of our Texas warriors, but still not exactly pleasant when it's still only May!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Teresa502 @quilteryoyo and @shanaber I had heard about a couple of clothing optional races before but when I searched for a list, I was surprised at just how many showed up. I suppose with a strategically placed running belt...

@quilteryoyo congrats on the streak, that is amazing!!

@shanaber I hope your PT sessions are very productive.

@Scott6255 I still haven't heard back from my daughter about Barcelona. When does she go there?

@polskagirl01 lovely photos! I've never seen a concrete trail through the woods like that. Asphalt, yes, but not concrete. Seems like overkill and it doesn't seem wide enough to accommodate someone in a wheelchair (the usual reason I hear for paving a trail).
  • Scott6255
    Ha, @7lenny7 those goats are cute! That would have surprised the heck out of me if I ran across them on the trail. Your son sounds a lot like my son with regards to his girlfriend and allotting time for anyone else ;)
    And thanks for remembering about my daughter's Spain trip. She leaves the last week in June.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,028 Member
    Wooooo!! @quilteryoyo Congrats on completing your streak. Very impressive!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    02.05: 3.20km in 26min 10 stride repeats
    04.05: 6.45km in 57mins
    06.05: 3.11km in 24min
    08.05: 4.00km in 31min
    10.05: 3.00km in 22mins

19.8/60km

Woohoo, not long, but fastest run in about 9 months. 2 more weeks and I'll hopefully keep this up for 4 or 5km. Lets see. Tomorrow I'll try to get in a slightly longer run as I'll be away from Friday to Sunday.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,028 Member
    @7lenny7 Cute goats! That birding app sounds pretty cool. I always hear crazy bird calls when I go hiking but so rarely can see the bird they are coming from. If I do spot it, I can't tell what it is.