On the go for breakfast

Options
Manda5352
Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
What is good things for on the go for breakfast?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    My on the go breakfast is usually a peanut butter and jam sandwich or a green breakfast smoothie. If it's really a grab and go (rare) then a fruit and nut Kind Bar
  • ilariadm1
    ilariadm1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A banana and some mixed nuts is a great option. If you have time to prepare it the night before, you could pack a sandwich ore some overnight oats!
  • CellywithBellie
    CellywithBellie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I take on the go Fairlife Protein shakes. Not the best, but it's something and it's super easy.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,049 Member
    Options
    My main one is peanut butter on an Ezekiel pita, with kefir on the side.

If you're open to make-aheads, egg muffins, mini-quiches, or breakfast burritos can be a good option. Make ahead, freeze, zap in the microwave to thaw/heat.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    An all in one smoothie would be best if you need to ingest while driving or commuting:
    https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/a20499756/20-super-healthy-smoothie-recipes/
    If you can use your hands then overnight oats in jars or containers is a good option:
    https://downshiftology.com/recipes/overnight-oats/
  • Manda5352
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    My on the go breakfast is usually a peanut butter and jam sandwich or a green breakfast smoothie. If it's really a grab and go (rare) then a fruit and nut Kind Bar

What is a green smoothie
  • Manda5352
    Options
    ilariadm1 wrote: »
    A banana and some mixed nuts is a great option. If you have time to prepare it the night before, you could pack a sandwich ore some overnight oats!

My husband said overnight oats aren't healthy🙄 I'm trying to lose 40 lbs
  • Manda5352
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    My main one is peanut butter on an Ezekiel pita, with kefir on the side.

If you're open to make-aheads, egg muffins, mini-quiches, or breakfast burritos can be a good option. Make ahead, freeze, zap in the microwave to thaw/heat.

Thank you
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Manda5352 wrote: »

It's literally oatmeal...? I mean, I've seen some crazy s'mores ones, but nobody says you have to put a bunch of chocolate and sugar on it🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Manda5352
    Options

It's literally oatmeal...? I mean, I've seen some crazy s'mores ones, but nobody says you have to put a bunch of chocolate and sugar on it🤷🏻‍♀️

Yea I know how do you make yours
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Why does he think they aren't healthy?

I make mine with one part oats to two parts milk. Personally I use oat milk, but any milk will do the job. Sometimes I put a tablespoon of chia seeds in it. (I know some people use yoghurt but think that would be a bit gloopy for my taste)

Then I just have some fruit on it, frozen berries or whatever I've managed to find on sale chopped up.

No idea which part of that is somehow 'unhealthy'....