WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,297 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hi all. I was out at my craft group this morning. It’s a small group, and we have known each other for a long time, so it’s always a pleasant way to spend a morning.

Just waiting for DH to come home from badminton, then we will have lunch, and hopefully get into the garden between showers.

We have booked to go to Oxford at the end of July to celebrate granddaughter getting her doctorate. We are taking the overnight ferry, and staying for almost a week, so really looking forward to it. Daughter and both adult grandsons are coming with us. Only 2 of us can attend the graduation, so daughter and I will go, and the men can do their own thing.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Babies holding babies is the cutest thing! And puppies smelling babies is the second! Love it Tracey!

Oh Kim... I'm sorry that DB has pushed Tim to his limits too. Seems they always do that. Stand YOUR ground. At least you know what you know.

Michele, I agree. Leave the equipment at home and just go and have fun. You're a GREAT COOK. You can figure out how to mash potatoes without a masher and cook a meatloaf without "the pan". Our Hunter is the sous chef in this family. He doesn't care what he gets to help with as long as he gets to help. He was breaking eggs by the time he was 3-years-old. (and barely a shell in the mix) Now he does them all on his own and no shells whatsoever. And he knows how to use the big shells to get the little ones out if he does make a mistake. He loves to whisk and measure and pour and just everything that goes into whatever we're making. Grandpa has even started him on grilling. He's 6 now. He knows how to scrape the grates, open the lid, press the ignite, (grandpa turns the gas on/off). He can throw on the steaks or burgers, but Grandpa has to test the for temp yet cuz his arms aren't quite long enough. lol

Cookies were tough for my grands too, Heather. I made the dough ahead and they would be all excited to go... for the first pan into the oven. After that, they would scatter and I would be the one finishing the rest, except for our Hunter, as I said above. He always wanted to help. I swear that child is going to be a chef or a Pokemon. Or a Pokemon Chef! THERE ya go!

OH NO, Margaret! When it RAINS......... it pours. I'm sorry. We've had one of those months as well, but I won't bore you with the details. Suffice to say that our house is 30 years old.

I'm back to work now.
    Carla, in MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    Hey ladies! So husband priced hotels in Vancouver WA where middle son and fam is for the visit in June. For the 4 nights we will be visiting them, plus gas, it will eat in our savings too much. I wanted to go down to let them go out to dinner for daughter in-laws birthday. If husband wasn't so ibby-jibby about dog hair we would just sleep on their air mattress in their spare room. But husband won't sleep on an air mattress, so we have to stay at a hotel if its both of us. So, I am going down on a train by myself. Its $49 one way so that's good. I will stay with them 6 days, and get my Athena time!💖👍. My eldest sister will pick me up and then stay with her for about a week as well. My sister has gotten many RSVP's regarding her little reunion at her "homestead", so it should be so much fun. All relatives on my mothers side. Mostly cousins, but one cousin (my grand uncles grand daughter) is coming from Montenegro! Her sister and family driving from Arizona, a cousin from Beaverton OR, maybe one from Everett. I'm hoping my middle sister can come for the day as well. Then I will just take a train or bus back to Mt Vernon WA. My husband will be by himself for almost 2 weeks but that's his choice. I'm not mad at him, it just is what it is.
    I had a nice chat on the phone with eldest sailor. He sounded really good, upbeat and we talked for an hour. He's presently at the base in Japan that his youngest brother is stationed at, but his ship is out to sea. Darn it! Getting those two together will be a challenge. A lot of my eldest sailors shipmates know to keep a lookout for his brothers ship though, which is nice. My eldest told me he has been having fun reading D & D adventure stories on his phone. Choose your own path, etc, so that's cool. You can choose different characters, and run thru the same story, but a different point of view. I'm glad he is enjoying himself out on the big blue. Miss that kid though.💖
    Today is my mammogram at the on base clinic. Should be interesting! Most procedures were done at places with a technician that has been doing it for years. Not sure how I feel having some young corpsman doing it! Also I might freak them out because I have underarm hair. I'll be damned, if I am gonna shave it, because they're uncomfortable about it. I have noticed it doesn't really grow anymore, its just a nice wispy thing, and I do not have any underarm odor. I rarely use deodorant. I find that interesting. So there's that little tmi of info for you. Lol!
    Have a good day ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    I downloaded a
    Meditation app and a yoga for weight loss app for free and started both yesterday. Felt so much better after doing them both. I must continue!

After logging all my food for 2 weeks consistently, I find that as I thought, the hard seltzer that adds up way too much. So goal is to avoid them but allow 2 weekend days only! Cutting back first then off completely.

On other topics, I love flying but DH doesn’t. Every time I do, he is a nervous wreck while I’m at the window enjoying the scenery under me or napping 😴. On the other hand, I have never been on a cruise and not sure I would. I have a water phobia. I’ve been on trains a couple times for short scenic trips. Not sure if I would get motion sickness.

Cooking with kids, I would just go shopping when I got there to visit with the mom and child to get what was needed for those 3 days with their input. Makes everyone happy!

RvRita in cloudy (30% chance of rain 🤞) Roswell, NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 28min, 3.0 ap, 155elev, 88ahr, 124mhr, 6.57mi= 566c
    Strava app = 662c
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited May 2022
    My massage was wonderful, but apparently I am walking all wrong. :o I hope I can correct it as it has been a problem all my life.

Rita - I love train travel, but you need headphones and downloads. Kindle. Music. Films. DH is not keen on trains, nor planes. I don't like cars. Cruises suit us both, though DH was initially resistant. After he tried it he was hooked. He thought it would be awful. He happily admits he was wrong. He is not a great sailor, but we have only had a few bad days in 4 trips. I will fly to a few places on my own and leave it up to him if he wants to come with me. Nothing is worse than a reluctant companion. I love my solo trips. Yes, I occasionally would like a companion in the evening, but I like to be able to set my own agenda. His plane thing has got worse recently. Ditto my car thing.
    I have always liked doing things on my own. We are lucky with the train network in the UK and our nearest airport is international.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Worked then got to the gym to do a body pump DVD. Then went to the Salvation Army. Found the bags that you can suction out the air. Came home and Steve came here. Will try to eat decently.

Tracey – you do have to put the pierogi dough either thru a pasta maker or else roll it out. They can be closed, but you have to be sure they are COMPLETELY closed. Also, I only know of one store around here where you can get the cheese. I have no idea where I can buy the cheese up there. I very highly doubt Denise would have a jar for me to put grease in. Also, Pete is very OCD. He wouldn’t want an empty jar in the house, much less a jar that has grease in it. So I’ll just bring one up with me, that’s no big problem.

Went for a walk around the block with Steve.

M – we usually eat around 6. It’s totally normal for Jess not to eat until 9. Vince is a meat eater, me not to much

Before we go to Denise’s, we are to go to Steve’s. He’s having a “picnic” on that Sat. I really think we should go since he comes here all the time. I can’t go empty-handed somewhere so I’m thinking of buying a macaroni & Cheese and making it in his oven. I was also thinking of KFC. I’m thinking that others will be bringing a dessert, so maybe we’ll bring something else. While he’s here I do want to talk to him about us staying at his house. And see how many people he’s expecting (how much chicken would we need?)

Kim – thanks for the ideas. I never thought of pudding, but I can take PJ shopping and he can pick out the pudding that he wants! The good thing is that even if it’s something that Denise isn’t fond of, I’m sure she’ll eat “PJ cookies” etc.

Going to work on the loom hats while Steve is here. In some ways I think he’s somewhat lonely.

As promised, here's Smurf

bd77klzv6qwm.jpg

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Terri — Congratulations for your granddaughter earning her doctorate! What a wonderful accomplishment! ⭐️❤️⭐️❤️

Margaret — Sorry for hail damage on your second car. Ouch! 😢

Rebecca— Enjoy your visit with your middle son and his family in Vancouver, WA. June is often lovely. 😘

Rita — Meditation and yoga are both excellent. I hope you will enjoy them. 🧘‍♂️
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Hi Gals,
    Michele - ok, I have read all the things about the cooking and the pierogis and bringing supplies and jars for oil and all of these things about this visit with Denise, Pete and PJ. I know you just want to help and to love on your daughter and grandson. I think some fun options is great! So easy low clean up ideas are perfect. Pierogis need to be left to another time… They are a job not a fun activity.
    Sending love to all.

Kim in N. California