Brides to be! Sept-Oct. (closed group)

Options

Replies

• jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Kansas -

I wasn't going to do save-the-dates, but then I saw that VistaPrint was having a special... 100 FREE ones, and all you paid was shipping & handling. I got glossy black postcards with 3 photos of me and my fiance in a filmstrip reel style on the side, fully customizable text & fonts, etc. and all I paid was shipping. I had to pay like $2 for the photos (I didn't know that and by the time I was ready to order I had my heart set). I got 100 but needed about 25 more, so I emailed VistaPrint and asked if they had a lesser quantity (100 is the minimum) and they replied with another FREE 100 offer just for me! So, I got 200 REALLY nice save-the-dates for about $20. Standard postcard stamp goes on them. I am really impressed and now I have a few left over for keepsakes and scrapbooking!

Save-the-dates were a good idea for me because my wedding is December 17th, so if people want to come they probably need to get that on their calendar now. They are not a required thing, but good if you have a weird date or a lot of out-of-town guests who will need to book hotels, flights, etc.

You don't have to send them, you could always just do the invitations. However, invitations should be sent out 6-8 weeks max prior to the wedding I'm told because if you send them out too soon it could get forgotten about. You send the save-the-date to put a bug in your guests' ear, then 6-8 weeks you send the invitation. Just my humble opinion. Definitely check out VistaPrint though, they have tons of designs, and are always having promotions. The free save-the-dates may not be going on right now, but it will be soon if it isn't.
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    Rogie that is so awesome the way you asked your bridesmaids! (PS: LOVE sushi!!) I just called mine up, told them I was engaged, and asked if they would be bridesmaids LOL. Same with my maid of honor. They knew it was coming soon (except the maid of honor, she had no idea!) but maybe not as soon as it did!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Kansas -

I wasn't going to do save-the-dates, but then I saw that VistaPrint was having a special... 100 FREE ones, and all you paid was shipping & handling. I got glossy black postcards with 3 photos of me and my fiance in a filmstrip reel style on the side, fully customizable text & fonts, etc. and all I paid was shipping. I had to pay like $2 for the photos (I didn't know that and by the time I was ready to order I had my heart set). I got 100 but needed about 25 more, so I emailed VistaPrint and asked if they had a lesser quantity (100 is the minimum) and they replied with another FREE 100 offer just for me! So, I got 200 REALLY nice save-the-dates for about $20. Standard postcard stamp goes on them. I am really impressed and now I have a few left over for keepsakes and scrapbooking!

Save-the-dates were a good idea for me because my wedding is December 17th, so if people want to come they probably need to get that on their calendar now. They are not a required thing, but good if you have a weird date or a lot of out-of-town guests who will need to book hotels, flights, etc.

You don't have to send them, you could always just do the invitations. However, invitations should be sent out 6-8 weeks max prior to the wedding I'm told because if you send them out too soon it could get forgotten about. You send the save-the-date to put a bug in your guests' ear, then 6-8 weeks you send the invitation. Just my humble opinion. Definitely check out VistaPrint though, they have tons of designs, and are always having promotions. The free save-the-dates may not be going on right now, but it will be soon if it isn't.

Thank you! I checked out vista print and I am getting 200 for $60 and that is including shipping! So thank you so much!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I space out on making a new challenge for this week. How about weeeeeee... do 30 jumping jacks everyday. They don't have to be in a row if you can't do that many but everyone should.
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    That sounds great! Game on!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I have been sick this week, so I didn't weigh in or measure. :ohwell: Sorry! I am trying to get over this ickyness and get back to it.

I hope everyone is doing well in their challenges and wedding planning! :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I just realized I need to lose 10 inches in my waist for the dress size that I am shooting for.

Do you think that is doable in 5 months? :frown:
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Ordered our save the dates postcards last night! so excited for them to get here! fiance and I are talking about getting a credit card to pay for some of the expenses of the wedding but not sure! I know it will all work out in the end and the only important thing is that we get married, not if we have the most expensive things or even if we have decorations! I think sometimes that thought gets lost when one plans a wedding! lol, hope everyone is doing great today!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I just realized I need to lose 10 inches in my waist for the dress size that I am shooting for.

Dude, totally. I lost 5 inches off my waist in less than 2 months. I've been stuck at about the same size for a while but I'm pretty close to goal weight so I'm not surprised.
  • tashjs21
    Options

Dude, totally. I lost 5 inches off my waist in less than 2 months. I've been stuck at about the same size for a while but I'm pretty close to goal weight so I'm not surprised.

That's awesome!! Thanks, that gives me some hope. I would of course like to lose more but at the minimum I want 10 inches gone. This is just so strange to me. Last time when I started MFP (three years ago) I didn't have a "goal time" in mind, I was just wanting to get healthy. Maybe I need to stop...the "lose this amount by the wedding" is starting to stress me out.

As long as I keep losing and not gaining then I am going to look better for the wedding than I do now...that will be my new motto and motivation! :drinker:
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    Arg! I'm gaining weight! I need to get back into strength training and clean eating. In honor of that, this weeks challege is 10 pushups and to eat at least 2 servings of veggies every day. Oh yeah, double challenge! Let's do this!
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    Yes! Love the challenge!!! I am up for it, especially since after trying my dress on Saturday, I see some areas that need spot work.

My dress fit great, and is actually being taken in a tiny bit, but it's up by the boobs LOL! I did notice that my "back crack" isn't there anymore, so I was happy about that. It's a strapless dress, and there is that little pooch when my arms are down... you know, the one right above the boobs, where your armpit kinda joins into your chest, so push-ups are going to be perfect for me!

I didn't gain or lose this week, which I am not complaining about, because I definitely splurged this weekend visiting my fiance!
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Forgot to take my measurements this morning! Will be posting tomorrow.
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've got no change from last week :( I'm hoping it's mostly due to the fact I'm currently bleeding, but I'm sure eating Subway twice and Wendy's once had a lot to do with it. Damn fiance is a bad influence haha
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Ugh, I gained a pound. :explode: But I did lose some inches.

I like the challenges...let's do this!! :drinker:
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed in yet (but I will tonight), didn't really lose anything inches wise this week. :sad:

Nice thinking on the double challenge! I got the 2 servings of veggies last night at least. I'm all over this challenge! I'm going to go on a solo dress shopping mission on Monday (maybe), and then go for real in a couple weeks, so it's crunch time!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @Poisongirl, aren't guys a terrible diet influence? I am trying to turn the tables on mine and make him eat healthier.:laugh:
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed in! It's TOM and so I just don't see the point! However, I did try on my dress, which needs to be taken in a lot and can I just say that I love it?! Although, I have to work on the back and shoulders! It's ok, I still have plenty of time! :) I hope everyone is having a good week! I'm going to the fair in a couple of days, someone help me!
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Finally weighed in, and I lost weight! Some of my measurments went up, but it's TOM, so I figure it's because of that. I'm just excited to be under 130 again!
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @Poisongirl, aren't guys a terrible diet influence? I am trying to turn the tables on mine and make him eat healthier.:laugh:

They are! Mine is trying to eat healthier to support me, but he's already thin and fit so he doesn't really have anything motivating him to stick with it. We even have a giant salad bowl on top of the fridge filled with candy and chocolate for his sugar fixes. And yet he's able to say "Oh, there's a 10K race this weekend, I have nothing else to do that day, I think I'll run it" and finishes it with a decent time. What??