Omitting milk and sucrolose from my coffee

Options
I have been consuming probably an extra 400-450 calories per day from adding milk and sucrolose to my coffee. I just switched to black coffee. Black coffee isn't that bad. When I was starving myself, I wouldn't lose any weight and I would have a belly, due to all the fat and extra calories from consuming milk and sucrolose in my coffee. Those days are long gone!

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy the black coffee, then that's great.

I'm curious though....how many cups of coffee are you drinking that you are able to add 400-450 calories of milk to it? Sucralose has no calories, so that didn't add anything to your total.
    Even if you were using whole milk, that's a LOT of milk.

I use a small amount of low-fat milk in my coffee, and it only adds about 20-40 calories per cup.
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My Italian Sweet Cream creamer is 35 calories per TABLESPOON, bro. 2 ounces of whole milk only adds, like, 38 calories. To hit 400 calories, I'd have to be drinking a whole 12-cup pot of coffee by myself, everyday. You don't need black coffee; at that point, you just need LESS coffee.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Yeah...400 calories' worth of milk is around 3 cups depending on the fat content of the milk. How much coffee were you drinking, bro?

I'll gladly welcome you to the dark (coffee) side, but you know, maybe cut back some?
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Almond milk + some 0 calorie sweetener + vanilla/maple extract = great coffee
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Wowsa, that's a lot of coffee. :) If I am correct to assume it's not decaf, how was your heart not racing? I remember drinking a combination of diet coke and coffee throughout my days, and went to the ER because my heart palpitations were so great that I thought something was terribly wrong.

I'm thinking if *you* can make a drastic change from milk/sweetener to black coffee, then maybe I'll give it another go. :) You made a good change there.