Women 200lb+, Let's Make June Joyous!!!

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    lol @DeterminedKins we cross-posted. logged everything, ✅ ! Roll on day 3!
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    My ankle feels much better today ánd the class at the gym was largely shoulders/arms. I only changed bear walks into dead bugs for my ankle but otherwise I could do everything.

Before exercising I decided to measure myself and while my upper body was bigger than usual (with my arms measuring its largest ever number: 39cm!) but my calves were down to 51cm and my ankles to 27cm! I thought my ankle might be swollen because it hurt so much yesterday but apparently not.
    My arms are expected to get smaller soon since I have quite some loose skin there, invisible, and I've been working my arms a lot at the gym so my muscle should be equal-ish to before and the fat should be disappearing.

My TDEE is somewhere between 2800 and 3300 and most days I eat around 2500 for better results at the gym so even though parts of my body are bigger than usual that should be pump/waterweight from soreness. Last night in the shower I noticed I was still flexing my abs 😂 so no wonder my belly looked bigger. The difference in firmness of flexed vs unflexed is so noticeable and I find that really cool considering my core has always been the weakest link in my body. Well, no more!

Weigh in's tomorrow morning so fingers crossed.

I use the app so tag parties are a nightmare to do but I'm reading everything and I'll try to reply if I have anything useful to say, otherwise I'll keep liking and hugging.
  • DeterminedKins
    DeterminedKins Posts: 26 Member
    lol @DeterminedKins we cross-posted. logged everything, ✅ ! Roll on day 3!

🤣🤣🤣 what are the chances!!
  • bojaantje3822
    @ Keri my mum is doing similar unemployment stuff and I see how much effort it takes her, especially because they require so much stuff and every place wants it uploaded differently. Just wanted to say I think it's very cool you're doing all that and have all these stressful things going on and keeping up the weight loss too. Inspiring for sure, though I hope things will look up again soon. Inspiring's gotta get pretty tiring quickly.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Inspiring for sure, though I hope things will look up again soon. Inspiring's gotta get pretty tiring quickly.

oh, well said! And so true.

@justanotherloser007 so good to see you! I'm glad you are feeling better.

Height: 5'
    SW: 266.6 (1/4/21)
    SW November: 233
    December: 234.7
    January: 233.5 (blargh!)
    February: 235.4 (BLARGH!)
    March 230.9
    April 226.8
    May 225
    June 224.6

6/3: 226.1
    6/10:
    6/17:
    6/24:

Monday night I was walking my dog and as we were crossing a major street with traffic stopped both ways for the pedestrian light, a stray dog appeared going the other way. My dog (chihuahua pug mix) challenged the stray (6x his size) to a fight.

Long story short, my dog is fine, but I tripped over the doofus while protecting him from his own stupidity, and I've been limping since. I'll be fine--I'm already much better--but with the bruises and the scrapes and the muscle aches and the embarrassment of landing on my a## (I wish, actually my whole right side) in front of all those people, I haven't been walking much. And I've been eating too freely.

But hey. You fall down, you get back up. (literally! ha!)

I am making a goal to make some good goals, and try to hold myself to them. The drifting along, trying to make good choices carried me through the end of the school year, but now I feel like I could do better.

I will try to be more *here* and have a tag party soon. WELCOME NEW PEOPLE.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    @justanotherloser007
    Glad your back & feeling better. We missed you!!!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    @justanotherloser007 Glad to see you back to commenting and that you’re feeling better!
  • bojaantje3822
    The scale said I only lost 0,5kg in the past 4 weeks which is a bummer but also not possible. I've been eating 100kcal below my sedentary tdee and I've been exercising 5 times a week ánd the tape measure showed progress so I'll assume it's waterweight from feeling sore or some kind of sneaky recomp going on and I'm not gonna worry about it.

My mum, who is very good at noticing changes to ppl's bodies, told me my ankles look a lot slimmer and bonier than before so there's something happening. I am definitely feeling good and confident and fit.

Today we went to a Keith Haring exhibition and it was so cool. Now we're sitting in the sun watching a womem's beach volleyball competition and drinking the tastiest iced coffee I've ever had, and I'm not a big coffee drinker.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Hello ladies! I'm a little late to the party this month, LOL.

First, the update -

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 252.8 (11/13/2020)
    CW: 185.0 (6/4/2022)
    6/4: 185
    6/11:
    6/18:
    6/25:
    GW for June: 182.8, exactly 70lb down
    GW for 2022: 155

My birthday is coming up next week (6/8), so I know I need to be a little more strategic and intentional around food and exercise so that I can enjoy the celebration. I would love to finally break past 184.6, the lowest I've seen on the scale all year, and getting past 182.8 would put me officially past the 70lb mark. I know I haven't been as active as I need to be lately - in my defense I have been sick (not covid, just a regular-degular cold/sinusitis). On top of not feeling 100%, the weather has also been pretty miserable this week, which has kept me inside and on the couch more than I ought to be - normally-sunny South Florida currently has what's left of Pacific Hurricane Agatha tumbling across it, dumping tons of rain everywhere (it's not a hurricane anymore, not even a tropical storm, but it is a lot of water coming into a very low-lying region with poor drainage). I might fire up the Ring Fit today just to get some movement in, since outside is wet and gross.
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 207.6 (6/1/2022)

GW for June: 201
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

6/4: 206.0
    6/11:
    6/18:
    6/25:

It has been a mental struggle to dial back my calories to a more normal figure after all the extra I got from moving. I feel like I am constantly thinking about food again, when I get to eat next, what to eat, etc, lol. It's not that I am actually hungry, but sitting at a desk all day again makes me graze/bored. Hopefully will get my head back on track soon. On a positive note, the scale is starting to drop from the excess water that I am peeing out every 15 minutes, lol.

Goals for June
    - Meet fiber goals at least 3x per week: ✔️
    - Meet protein goals at least 3x per week: ✔️
    - Minimum 6000 steps daily: ✔️
    - At least 8 glasses water daily: ✔️
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe glad you are enjoying your pole classes/gym We had a mixed leftover night a few days ago too. Here’s to a woosh for you.

@sandielewis 2001 the gym classes sound really good.

@jerms9 I like that- weight revision

@bojaantje3822 I am hoping to get back to walking and drinking more water next week. Hopefully I will do meal planning this weekend. I am wondering how long you have been eating at a deficit based on no exercise while exercising more. It will work for a while but weight loss can stall if you don’t adjust somewhat for increased exercise.

@sargemarcori so sorry about your tripping saving your dog. I tripped on the stairs at a new job a few years ago and my Executive Director walked by while I was sitting there and asked if I needed anything and I had to say yes. They had to send for the paramedics etc. I broke my leg. Everyone knew who I was after that. So yes we all do fall down and we do get back up eventually. Luckily it was not a bad break.

@justanotherloser007 Sorry you have had a difficult time but so glad that you are back.

@goal06082021 I hope you get some better weather and feel better and can enjoy your birthday when it comes.
  • bojaantje3822
    @KeriA Meal planning is so great, it saves so much money and helps with nutrition. Sounds like a good plan.

I've done 6 weeks of 2200-2400kcal a day based on weekly average for a 1kg a week loss when I just started tracking because I didn't know. I thought that loss was too fast so I've been at 2400-2600kcal a day based on weekly average for 12 weeks now and was losing at a 0,5kg per week pace but now it slowed to 0,5kg in 4 weeks. There have been a bunch of days below 2400kcal and a few high calorie days between 2800-3100kcal but never enough to put the weekly average above 2600kcal/day.

I'm 26, 175cm, 127,5kg as of today and afaik that gives me a bmr of around 2083 so 2100 is my hard lower limit calorie-wise and has been after the first 4 weeks of tracking. I have a desk job and work from home most days. Sedentary tdee should be around 2500. I get an hour of deliberate exercise 5-7 times a week with one mandatory day off, so when I do 7 I double up on thursday.
    My exercise consists of 1x olympic weightlifting, at least 1x pilates and at least 3x a wod, which is usually a combination of heavy lifting and some fast-paced exercises with body weight or weights or sometimes a machine (rower/ski machine/bike).

So far the scale has been more consistent than the tape measure, as my measurements can vary by as much as 5cm/2 inches from one day to the next, though they seem to be trending down, with one exception that is my arms.

Does that spark any insights? Any more info required? I could probably eat a little more on some days but I've also had days where I just drank soda or ate peanut butter straight from the jar to get to a sensible number of calories (i.e. not 2050) because I was full already and it was late evening. I don't wanna recreate bad habits just so I can hit a higher calorie goal now that I finally managed to unlearn to overeat on cookies and ice cream.
  • DeterminedKins
    DeterminedKins Posts: 26 Member
    Starting weight 5th March: 130kg
    4th June: 123.kg
    5th June: 122.8kg

Yesterday was a super busy day, so didn't get chance to post in here or log any foods - day 3 was super successful and showed a loss. Day 4 was spectacularly unsuccessful but did walk about 6 miles, so swings and roundabouts.

Goals for this week:
    Log every day (I always do breakfast and lunch so this is just here so I can meet 1 goal!!!!)
    Log EVERYTHING
    Bike ride at least twice
    Lose 1kg?

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday 😍
  • bojaantje3822
    It was one day of lovely summer weather, I think it hit 26 degrees C, and now we're back to lots of rain so I'm glad I enjoyed it to the fullest.

Thanks for the advice! While I'm not sure my logging is 100% accurate, it's been consistent throughout so I'll stick with it for another two weeks as well, as I can weigh myself again in 2 weeks.

Greek food is the best and their portions are always so huge and so cheap. Enjoy your day!

Splits are super fun but it helps to have a certain hip position. I was super close to splits 2 years ago around the same weight I am now whereas other people might struggle at half my weight just because the required hip mobility is anatomically impossible to achieve for them. Though it's not at all obvious from day 1 which category you'll fall into. The class sounds like fun!