5'9" 115 pounds

Options
13»

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Since you're new I'll just let you know that threads promoting unhealthy diets are against the rules here, with you already underweight, others and I might be thinking that your proposal fits that rule.

I'll also say that eating disorders and body dismorphic disorder are all psychiatric illnesses and so the suggestions to see a psychiatrst or a counselor I'd say is actually perfectly on point. It may be good to talk with a pro about why you feel jiggly or whatever you said that I can't recall.

Agreed with all of that. I do apologize if I was rude or insensitive, because I probably was. I'm really not, usually! I just couldn't even figure out if this was for real! Still am not quite sure.... OK, wishing you the best in any case! :flowerforyou:
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If I only I looked so bad. . . . . ;-)

I feel less bloated when I watch my carbs & processed foods.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Since you're new I'll just let you know that threads promoting unhealthy diets are against the rules here, with you already underweight, others and I might be thinking that your proposal fits that rule.

I'll also say that eating disorders and body dismorphic disorder are all psychiatric illnesses and so the suggestions to see a psychiatrst or a counselor I'd say is actually perfectly on point. It may be good to talk with a pro about why you feel jiggly or whatever you said that I can't recall.
    shes not "underweight" she has a BMI of 19.2
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    wow! so many responses! thank you everyone... I think maybe i will change my goal to 125 and build muscle instead?

Great idea, have fun with weights :)
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Consider a program like Insanity or P90x. It'll zap any tiny fat pockets you might have and replace it with lean muscle. I bet that'll get you the look you're wanting.
  • Beachbabe90xo
    Options
    I'm trying to just be healthier. I've been thin my entire life. I just want to get healthy, and I thought that means losing some weight. but i'm going to focus on toning
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Whoa, just noticed a lot of the rude stuff was taken away. Yeah. Just wanted to agree with most of the peeps here, you're young and beautiful and if you have those flabby parts that you want to get rid of, try the gym. P90X has worked wonders for lots of people. I wouldn't suggest dieting, just continue to eat healthy. I think there was a poster by the name of barbie, she looked like she's your body type and looks good at a healthy weight. Friend her and get some tips.
    Good luck on your journey wherever it takes you.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Please remember to follow forum rules at all times. Not everyone has the health and fitness knowledge that you may have - so please refrain from attacking and insulting someone seeking information and support to get healthy.

While MFP does not allow posts that actively promote eating disorders, this topic does not fall into that category based on the OP's responses. We will always welcome people with eating disorders who are trying to get healthy and we hope everyone will offer them the same support and understanding that you would offer to any other member.

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Please keep it respectful. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Absolutely tone up and build some muscle - pounds are just numbers when you're that lean already :) My entire life I've been skinny but back in February I was 117 (totally skinny-fat for most of my 20s- google it) and if I ever weighed over 125 I started to freak. I am 5'8 1/2". That was before I started working out with cardio and weight training. Now I weigh 130 but my clothes still fit the same (smalls, 2s and 4s). I just didn't know any better before.

Start by taking some time and read through this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113609-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

This site is definitely a great resource and I applaud you for trying to get healthy, in hopefully a healthy way! Best of luck!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    don't expect to get a whole onslaught of support in losing 15 when that would put you underweight.... that said, you likely may fare better with just toning up and getting fit..?

good luck.
  • Jessicaallen48
    Options
    I agree. A good toning up should make you happy. You don't want to look like your ill.
  • Katie3784
    Options
    Everyone who has replied that the OP should not lose, but gain, weight is feeding into and making her problems worse. I don't think people should respond to posts like this with such obvious comments. She knows she is skinny, and if she doesn't, she is very sick and needs medical help, not help from MFP.
  • dcrandle
    Options
    I agree with changing your goals. I'm the same height as you and people say I look horrible when I get under 130 lbs. You are beautiful! I understand the battle of the internal thought process, but try to fight it.
  • s9101979
    s9101979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Per the pic, you look great! Weights & classes that work on your core- Yoga, Circuit Training, Boot Camp.... Will benefit your body & mind. Give it a good 30 days of serious working out, & the results will be a toner body. By the way, try to not use a scale for 30 days, instead, when you want to step on a scale, write something you like about yourself and or body =) Just finished a 30 day challenge at my gym, & weighing ourselves was off limits, gives you a different perspective. Have fun working out & gaining muscle while losing inches. You may not lose weight because muscle weighs more, but you'll look FAB!!!
  • sswift76
    sswift76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    wow! so many responses! thank you everyone... I think maybe i will change my goal to 125 and build muscle instead?

That sounds like a good plan :) Good luck! :) And don't let any negative people on here get to you!