Women 200lb+, Let's Make June Joyous!!!

Options

Replies

• sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'll have to see if I can upload a more up to date pic of her soon. She's my profile picture, though!

ha! I couldn't see what was in your pic because I never clicked through to embiggen. She's ADORABLE!! Spoil her a bit more for me!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good morning! We are back from our trip to the waterpark hotel and the girls had a BLAST. However, I woke up this morning feeling pretty rough. Took an at home test and it's Covid positive. So..... fun times.

I'll take time to read everything posted and catch up later but right now I'm trying to catch up on work emails and not fall back to sleep.

Hope you feel better quickly!
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This is giving me inspiration, thank you
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @goal06082021 that dress sounds so darn cute! I can't wait to start fitting back into some cute stuff!

@pamperedlinny oh no, swift healing! Hope it doesn't hit too hard - just read your update on your hubby cooking, oh no (lol) I also hope he figures some stuff out for you soon! My fella used to chef but I totally do the cooking, he has gotten into the habit of feeding me fish and chips, so we've kinda done our own thing recently with food, but I also don't have children or covid. Wish I could go cook for you for a bit! I swear I could airfry the world! :P

@kenziestabes omg I'm also trying to clean a little bit every day....I'm doing better on making time for hobbies instead :P - just read your update on 180s, WHOOOOPPPPPP

@sargemarcori whoop whoop! Yeah for the pool! (our pool is currently having renovations and I'm seriously missing it!)

@jerms9 yeah for the woosh!

@Making_Impossible_Possible ya, I think it's so common, the "not feeling worthy" issue. I've been listening to more Gabor Mate the past few days and it helps me to realise how common it is and to reframe how I feel about myself. I def see my health journey as including my self image and mental health. I do have other stuff going on, so some of my advice might not be a good fit but I started (finally) doing TRE exercises this evening. TRE = Trauma Releasing Exercises, they say it's good for general stress, not necessarily trauma. I will say it was both a workout (I'm pretty unfit) and I tremored a bit and feel a bit lighter after it. I know all the somatic stuff has helped me so much, it's like as I've released some of the stress stored in my body my mind has come along for the ride too. Oh, and that food sounds amazing, I ended up amazing some amazing Nepalese food on Monday, do not regret a moment of it! lol (but me in the past would have, so work done, more to do!).

@CupcakeCrusoe your pole adventures sound so adventuresome! I saw a routine on a FB reel the other evening, so darned impressive! Gave me the want to dance (I haven't danced in so so long). Enjoy the new shoes!

@seltzer_lover oh take care, I've tried to push myself through injuries and it didn't go well. I've had to remind myself that taking care of myself is solid health progress. Oh and watching funny animal clips on YT, also great for the health!

@sandielewis2001 omg I teared up a little with joy seeing your progress pics! AMAZING! I'm so bloody inspired, seriously other folks progress is keeping me going through so much of this!

@JAC581 my OH loves his weights, but I did get him back into running (I still can't really run, I walk-jog, but he's been keeping me company, i.e. running laps around me! lol, but I don't mind, glad of the company!)

@bojaantje3822 whoop whoop bridges! Ya the nsv are amazing!

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

189.6 today, which is annoying, for weigh in day. But I've been keeping track of my calories, I'm still sore from Wednesday, and I certainly haven't gained 2 lbs in three days, so we'll keep on keeping on. As they say, if you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.

Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    Halfway GW: 183
    UGW: 150
    6/1 CW: 188.4

Didn't make goal: _
    5k minimum ★
    For goals: ⭐
    For stretch goals: ✨

🌼🌼🌼 June Goals! 🌼🌼🌼
    🟡 Log every food in grams. ✨ ✨✨✨✨✨✨
    🟡 Get minimum 5k steps a day, goal 7k steps, stretch goal 10k ★⭐✨★(no data)
    🟡 At least two pole classes a week, stretch goal 3 classes ✨
    🟡 More than 100g protein every day, stretch goal more than 110g ⭐ _ _ ⭐✨✨⭐
    🟡 20 minutes to clean each day, stretch goal sink 0 ✨ ✨✨✨⭐⭐⭐

6/3: 189 (+0.6)
    6/10: 189.6 (+0.6)

Yesterday, I picked up my baby from school, and ate her lunch on my way back to work after I dropped her off at daycare. Probably shouldn't have, but I logged it all faithfully, and I ended the day below 1800 calories. Could've been less, I could have pivoted and had an egg white omlette for dinner to make up for it, but.. didn't. So that's fine.

Today, I've got everything I'm going to eat logged down to the gram, including a beer, ice cream, pizza panini and air fried potatoes for me while my family eats pizza. I'll be eating almost 1000 of my calories after work today, lol. But it will be very worth it.

For work, I've got my normal apple and egg whites with deli chicken for breakfast, and chicken and cherry tomatoes from our garden for lunch. I'm trying out a PEScience chocolate peanut butter cup protein bar this afternoon, we'll see if they're any good. They're higher calorie than my quest bars, and less protein. But if they taste good...

a9jsqduaeno2.png

Saturday I'm taking TRX, which is a workout suspended from the ceiling! I'm excited to see what that's like. And I'm taking pole control, a strength class with a pole, which is probably going to be rough, lol. If I want to do impressive things on the pole, I have to build up those muscles.

Tag party
    @JAC581 Oooh, nice! I love that you wake up looking forward to your workout, that's great! It is so hard to plan your meals around someone whose goals aren't yours- I'm in a house full of people who aren't eating like I am, and that's a good thing for them :wink:, but it does make things harder for me. Lots of temptations around.

@seltzer_lover Slow loss and maintenance of loss is better than gain. You're learning how to maintain your new body before continuing on, that's all. Recovery is most important.

@kenziestabes WOOOO Way to go! This is great news!

@sargemarcori life gets in the way, I totally get it. Good for you for making a new plan when the last one fell through.
    I'm not giving up, though! I'm doing it for the camels.
    Lol, this is about to become a life mantra for me, lmao.

@sandielewis2001 Girl. Giiiiirl. Damn girl. Looking great! And also, you seem to be sticking in the 181 area! You go! You and your wife have both done amazing.

@KeriA Your day sounded idyllic- lots of walks, nice dinner, and checked your job search stuff off your list. It's so hard to remember that sleep matters so much- I know when my life gets wild, sleep is the first thing to go out the window.

@bojaantje3822 You did a bridge! That's great! I love hearing workout NSVs.

@pamperedlinny Your husband either needs to level up his cooking or outsource for a little while, woof. Whatsisface does not cook, but he does know how to do the basics- mac and cheese, hot dogs, sandwiches, frozen food in the air fryer, and going out to the store or restaurant to get food, lol. And air fryers are so easy! He needs to get it together, lol. I hope you continue to improve, and get better soonest.

@porquenoirl I know, the girls in class (they call all of us "hotgirls" which I love) are all very inspirational, doing all these wild spins around the pole. Looking forward to looking that impressive myself.

Also, Nepalese food, yummmm

@Making_Impossible_Possible walking is such an underrated exercise. I love that you're achieving your goals in that department.

It's Friday, almost there! Have a great day, everyone!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @pamperedlinny I hope he adjusts things for you. It is good he is doing what is needed but I understand your frustration too. Hugs 💗 Hope you feel better really quickly!!!