Replies

• FunkmasterRex
    FunkmasterRex Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Day 9 morning weigh-in: 213.6 lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Day 9: Was feeling good going into my run and it was easy today. 3.45 miles in 65 minutes. Barbell shoulder press 2x8 @85lbs, 4x7 @95lbs.

25xtgme50vcy.jpg
    f70jlufq3dpa.jpg
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 morning weigh-in: 212.8 lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3: Was feeling sluggish but ran well today. 3.5 miles in 65 minutes. Lat pull downs 4x8 @139 lbs, 2x6 @130 lbs,

f0e2biabtf5i.jpg
    8msqsifku4we.jpg

• FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4 morning weigh-in: 212.2 lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4: Was feeling good going in but struggled to get through my run. 3.51 miles in 65 minutes. Barbell shoulder press 3x8 @85 lbs, 3x6 @95 lbs.

kpccfahjib17.jpg
    7mk1lzhwqmr2.jpg
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 5 morning weigh-in: 212.2 lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 5: Was feeling tired and thought about skipping and taking an early rest day, but then I decided if I was going to fail to do my scheduled run, I would fail on the road and not in the house. Run was challenging but I did pick up the pace. 3.58 miles in 65 minutes. Lat pull downs 6x7 @140 lbs.
    0zvsxpgqprvo.jpg
    mch6gdrgp1zk.jpg
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 6 morning weigh-in: 212.2 lbs.
  • emmaeatsbetter
    emmaeatsbetter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Emma - I am on a weight loss journey. I have been up and down in weight for years for as long as I can remember to be completely honest😞 sick of always being the biggest girl in the room. I am back on the weight loss train trying to loose around 4 stone. I would love to make some friends on here to chat about our journeys, keep each other motivated and accountablity🌻. I am feeling incredibly lonely in this journey so more than happy for people to add my username as a friend on MFP and happy for a chat!🥰 emma10202022

Would love to have a support system x
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Welcome Emma. Sure thing bud. See you at the finish line. :)
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 5: Been feeling a little run down the last couple of days so I decided to give my body a break today. No workout, ate well and back on the horse tomorrow. :)
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 7 morning weigh-in: 212.4 lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 Day 7: Back at it. Felt good going into my run but felt sluggish in my run immediately. Dialed it back and ran slower, not pushing the pace. Ran 3.34 miles in 65 minutes. Barbell shoulder press 3x8 @85lbs, 2x7 @95lbs, 1x6 @95 lbs.
    icd033vxdcs6.jpg
    7kmt14xdqt99.jpg
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 2 recap:
    Ran 20.78 miles over 6 training sessions.
    Did 3 days of lat pulldowns and 3 days of barbell shoulder press.
    Kept largely within caloric parameters. :)
    0dkfkjve9egb.jpg
    aiwlxgklaoek.jpg
    uclddl13gc5t.jpg
    b3w4lnzxarz1.jpg

• FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 morning weigh-in: 211.2 lbs.
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'9, i'm curious as to why your goal weight is 160lbs? What body fat percentage do you think you're going to be at that weight?
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Rex, just wanted to say way to keep at it!
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    @Mellouk89 - 155lbs is my low weight where my body ramps up fighting me to hold more weight. Really difficult to maintain. 160lbs is where I settled after doing 2-3 years of high volume training. I was never willing to do what was needed to be BB competition lean (4-5%), that always seemed unhealthy and super-difficult to maintain. My goals now are to be in peak or close to peak cardio performance. As I get older, not having heart issues down the road becomes more important for quality of life. I feel I'll target to be at around 10-12% body fat so my body won't be fighting me and allow me a more relaxed lifestyle. At close to my low limit weight, I am sure my body will demand ever-increasing intensity in my workouts in order to maintain that weight. After a while, I just get tired.

@JBanx256 - Thanks for the encouragement. Hope your plan is going well.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1: Felt strong going into my run and felt strong throughout my run. Wish every day was like this. My best pace yet - easy peasy. Ran 3.64 miles in 65 minutes. Lat pull downs 1x8 @130lbs, 5x8 @150lbs. Felt great today.

0nuvpfjk2rnr.jpg
    bpdzfeicufmk.jpg