JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap TGIF 6/17
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :neutral: 5.9K 22 floors 11/14
    2) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :s fast food for supper (hubby's idea but I didn't argue lol) cals way negative & low on water... oops
    3) Walk dog to park after work other stuff
    4) Update records request & inquiries reference sheet (I'll be helpful to the next person assigned to GA-S unlike previous colleagues) / update Project Status s/s / updated & submit weekly PRO, PAR & HW s/s's GAH / some of email backlog / start video review for BJ follow-up a lazy day in the office, no mgmt around after 10 a.m. (ish) hahaha
    5) R2AK tracker / email P / another ta-da? maybe, it is Friday :D 2/3
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / pray & Calm / 7:00 alarm (farmers market downtown, walk dog in a.m.) watched tracker way too long, time with hubby & bed too late, but felt good :D

JFT Sat. 6/18 ~ slept in a bit, wonderful
    1) farmers market :smiley:
    2) walked dog 3.9 mi (first time that far in months & knee holding up well) :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    3) depooped backyard / refilled birdbaths / filled jugs from rain barrels / laundry in progress = 4/4
    4) shallow fried perch & sauteed rainbow chard for supper / net calories zero / 80 oz. water
    5) prep stuff for tomorrow's day trip
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray / 7:00 alarm (PT exercises, start food prep, 9:00 church, finish food prep, leave 11 a.m.)

Tomorrow hubby & I drive to my niece's for their new house-warming / cookout / Father's Day celebration. I'm taking black bean salsa and Tostitos. Will eat in moderation, maybe 1 adult beverage & water.
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K on 10/1/22
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • cschmitz110515
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    MFP was not priority yesterday, but back today. We had severe storms Wed. evening, including a confirmed tornado just miles from home. Lots of downed and damaged trees, downed power lines and many, many power outages in the area. Apparently our side of town was hardest hit. Our yard had a few tree limbs & lots of leaves down, no damages, so not too bad. But one neighbor has tall tree snapped off & laying on the roof of their sunroom, another neighbor had a big tree take out their back fence. There are several large trees completely uprooted just one block east AND west of our home. And neighbors across the street for the entire block lost power Wed. which hasn't been restored YET. Thank God our side of the street has power. So yesterday was weird. Started with emergency alert on phone to avoid travel north of specific highway due to downed lines & trees. Great, covers my two usual routes to work. Just before I attempted the drive to work, called by my manager & told no access to the office, 30 min. later getting "permission" from her boss to pick up my work laptop. I understood concerns, but it wasn't like I was going to drive over downed trees or power lines in my little Honda Civic. Ended up taking several detours due to road closures, all for limited ability to work from home. I didn't care. Sort of back to normal today, only just. I'd better make some goals.

Something I've always wondered about... When tornados hit and damage your property, or destroy your house right to the ground, what do the owners do? Do you have to have insurance for your property for tornado damage, who then help with repairs in the aftermath? Or is it left to the owner to fix up themselves? Just wondering how it works over there with them being so frequent, isn't there like "tornado areas" where certain areas are more likely to be affected?

There are certain states and regions in the U.S. that are more prone to tornadoes. Our state (Wisconsin) has them occasionally but not frequently. Most towns & cities have warning systems (sirens, text alerts, etc.) if there is enough time. I was on the phone with my mom that evening, and she left the call because the town's sirens went off, indicating a tornado had been spotted in the area. (We live 90 miles apart.)

Wed. was a severe weather day (strong thunderstorms predicted) that eventually added a tornado "watch" which means weather is right for a tornado. If one is spotted (there are weather spotters and radar), the watch becomes a "warning" and people should seek shelter, preferably in a basement, lower level, or inner room away from windows. We were lucky it wasn't worse, mostly had very high winds, and some downbursts.

Usually people have homeowners insurance to help cover costs of damage or destruction. Businesses do too. Renters should have insurance on their personal items. There's always a "deductible" amount that the owner must pay first, before the insurance company pays. It's up to the owners to make or hire repairs. One of my co-workers lived near where this last tornado hit, her house and barn have roof damage, and many of her trees were toppled or damaged. She was waiting for the insurance appraiser to arrive & view her damages. I know insurance can cover tree removal costs because my first house had a very large tree that was split & partly toppled by strong winds (not a tornado), and I paid the tree service with insurance money. Fortunately for me, the tree didn't land on any buildings.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Sunday
    1. Park walk.
    2. Duolingo; Lang8?
    3. Check medical dates.
    4. Update Goodreads.
    5. Update Beanstack.
    6. Finish writing book list script; shoot video?
    7. Office cleaning.
    8. Evening: SocMed 30 min. Update WCDP. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Mon books to library; review survey. Update Patreon. Tuesday dentist 10:50. Wed library book group beach reads 10:30. Sunday 26 crafting at Barley 6P.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 209.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist June 21. PCP Apr 12 9:15. Therapy 1/26 10A. Obgyn September.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Mar 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member

JFT Saturday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins no
    2. Eat under calorie limit no
    3. Eat that salad no
    4. Dumbbells 40 reps yes
    5. Laundry yes

Well that was a pretty lousy day diet-wise. I indulged, got to one calorie over, walked twenty minutes to get more calories, and ended up eating more cookies. I ended up thirtysome calories over. My bad. I need to do better if I'm going to lose weight this week.

JFT Sunday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Walk

Annie
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • more_freggies76
    edited June 2022
    JFT for 6/18 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/15) No more cookies or Gary's stuff. (had a small dessert with DH, but committed to it before)
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 6/20✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/16) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/16)✔️Didn't eat today
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 6/19 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 6/20
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/18) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/16)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,033 Member
    edited June 2022
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹JUNE 2022 🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    WEEK 3: 15 - 21 June

Focus for June:
    Eat Heathy!
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗
    Move More!
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Daily DONE Log:
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃
    Sat 18 June:
    🔹 07.10: affirmations meditation
    🔹 07.48: circuits (30)
    🔹 Weighed/recorded weight
    🔹 Sole Mates steps from yesterday posted
    🔹 Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹 Plan/Log food for today
    🔹 Balance macros
    🔹 Duolingo Latin
    🔹 bedroom declutter
    🔹 09.45: Dance Motown (15) https://youtu.be/nEEUhTfVqIo
    🔹 Breakfast
    🔹 shower/dress
    🔹 11.00: Coffee/relax
    🔹 11.20: local shopping
    🔹 13.10: lunch/clear up/relax
    🔹 13.45: walk (25)
    🔹 plant summer containers
    🔹 coffee/relax
    🔹 crochet 🧶
    🔹 18.00: dinner/relax
    🔹 watch TV
    🔹 10 active hours (Fitbit)
    🔹 7600 + steps
    🔹 Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts UAC/BHHs
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50

🦄 Terri

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Well I've been eating badly for the last two hours, and I'm one lousy calorie over. I had candy and cookies, so much tastier than the salad I had planned! I need to stop NOW. I had my treats. What I really want is to be down again next Friday, not these momentary sugar bites. Enough. I am done now. Maybe I will go walk a bit.

Annie

Come on you've got this! You are doing so well! Keep telling yourself no!
  • more_freggies76

JFT for 6/19 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/18) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except for my dose of metamusal. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member

JFT Sunday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins no
    2. Eat under calorie limit yes
    3. Walk yes 40 minutes

I did better today. Yay! Thanks @Bex953172 !
    I had two pieces of my father's chocolate. No biggie if it ends there, and it will. All logged.

I was under by about thirty calories. And I will do better again tomorrow!

JFT Monday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Eat a salad
    4. Yoga
    5. Fast marching

Annie
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited June 2022
    JFT Monday
    1. Park walk.
    2. Duolingo; Lang8?
    3. Library! Exchange books, discuss survey
    4. Office cleaning. Call dr about prescription.
    5. Update Beanstack.
    6. Finish writing book list script; shoot video?
    7. Pickleball! Dinner with fam?
    8. Evening: SocMed 30 min. Update WCDP. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Mon books to library; review survey. Update Patreon. Tuesday dentist 10:50. Wed library book group beach reads 10:30. Sunday 26 crafting at Barley 6P. When leave for PA?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 209.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist June 21. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 6/27 10A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Mar 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76

JFT for 6/19 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 6/18) No more cookies or Gary's stuff.✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/17)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 6/20✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/18) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/14)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/16)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.✔️

JFT for 6/20 (tomorrow): ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/18) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.[/quote]

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    I have been sick--so sick that I took most of last week off from work and am not working this weekend. I had strep and a sinus infection. I am still dragging a bit, but I have actually left the house today, so things are going in the right direction.

Something interesting--I only ate less for the first couple of days, but managed to lose 7 pounds--I think the difference is that I have been sleeping a lot...so clearly that is something that I need to be working on. I quit coffee entirely...maybe I need to save coffee for a special treat and not have it as a daily habit. I need to wear my sleep apnea dental device. I've been to tons of sleep doctors and no sleep medicines work for me long-term, but I need to find other solutions given the link between sleep and cortisol.

JFT for Sunday, 6-19
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. 7500 steps
    3. get outside and walk
    4. 8 C water
    5. No caffeine after noon
    6. Do some food shopping
    7. meal prep--make yogurt and salad
    8. SLEEP!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    Weekend was filled with family stuff and was good, but I didn’t get much exercise in.

Had to get up at 4:30am to get in by 5:30am and look presentable. Auditing today so no ball cap & t-shirt. Oh and my laptop will no longer connect to the internet either by land line or Wi-Fi, making this audit really annoying because I need to write everything down and later transfer it to the forms.

Will likely be a long day at work followed by a short nap and maybe a ride or a walk depending on what time I wake up.

JFT Monday

- Up at 4:30 😀
    - Look presentable😀
    - Audit at 5:30😀
    - Meetings at 6:30, 7:00 & 8:30😀
    - Audit 9:30 - 3:30
    - Log food
    - stay green
    - Nap
    - Ride/walk
    - Dinner at home
    - Need by 11:30 (likely closer to 10:00)

Happy Monday y’all! Have a great week!
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 6/20 (today): ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/18) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    [/quote]

• cschmitz110515
    JFT M 6/20
    1) Walked dog before work on gorgeous morning (struggled to get out of bed haha) 3.49 mi. :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) GA-BJ follow-up audit: watch video & document exceptions / some email backlog / other?
    5) Prep clothes & lunch for tomorrow's noon trail hike at area park / boil eggs / wash dishes / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / update calendar for social events / email black bean salsa recipe (sister & SIL)
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 6:00 alarm (PT exercises before work)

Sunday was fun afternoon with family after 80 mile drive to niece's new home. It's out in the country directly off a state highway and even though I've known the area for years, we missed the hidden driveway (hard to turn left going 50 mph with a car right behind) and had to loop around. Great to see my parents, all sibs and nieces (no nephews this time), and tour the house and gardens the young couple bought in March. They don't like veggies but previous owners put in huge vegetable and perennial flower gardens & landscaping, plus various fruit trees, and being on 37 acres, Nate mowed a walking trail around part of the property. Some of us walked the trail & I tracked on my phone: close to 1 mile. Bonus exercise for me. My salsa was a hit (recipe from former colleague at prior workplace after food day haha).

Realized yesterday I have to do PT exercises at least 2X per week. Last week was only once, and I struggled to do full reps & sets yesterday before church. Plus left hip flexor not as good. Tomorrow is workplace hike, assuming not canceled due to heat advisory, so I will skip dog walk & do PT before work.
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K on 10/1/22
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Wow, it's been so long - too long - since I've been here. How is everyone?

We closed on the house and we're all moved in! We've been so busy with unpacking and fixing things up.

I also started a new job! I now work at a sanctuary where I take care of cats, and I couldn't be happier

I did lose (or gain back?) about half of the weight loss progress I made, unfortunately, but I did it before and I can do it again...!
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my metamusal.