100 pounds need to go

Options
MultiGoddess
MultiGoddess Posts: 39 Member
Hi, my name is Jen. I'm a special education teacher in Florida. I need active friends that will help hold be accountable. I need/want to lose at least 100 pounds. I have some limitations, I'm partially disabled. My current goal is to go for at least 1-2 intentional miles at least twice per week and work my way up.

Replies

• BeYourBestSelfDeb
    BeYourBestSelfDeb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, Welcome to MFP🌷. I have only been here since May. I too need to lose over 100 pounds. Since joining I am more active but don’t have a set exercise routine. I am disabled, have type 2 diabetes, arthritis, hypothyroidism and sleep apnea. I have a new Dr for managing my diabetes and he is helping me with my weight loss goal and to one day be off all my insulin by reversing my diabetes.

I would love to be your friend and help support your efforts and celebrate your success. I live in Ohio we it’s my spouse and daughter.
    Welcome🎈
  • Monice1224
    Monice1224 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen and BeYourBestSelfDeb,

I have been on MFP for a while on and off. I need to lose more than 100 pounds. I have a set exercise routine now since I have subscribed to this gentleman whose name is Paul Eugene page on youtube. He has chair exercises an low cardio ones that really do help.

I am also partially disabled, have sleep apnea, arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, PCOS, and doing therapy for a knee replacement that I had. (Weight bearing and therapy is painful).

The important thing is that we do not give up. A little bit everyday and we will get there. Always remember, the race is not for the fastest or the swiftest, but those who endured to the end.

If the both of you are open to it, I would like to be a part of this group and become friends as we go on this journey together. Supporting, motivating and celebrating each others success.
  • defiant63
    defiant63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Karen and I also have 100 pounds to lose yet again. I am limited in walking due to nasty arthritis but I am sure I could find something else that would work at the gym. In 2010I had bacterial meningitis and started at a gym because I was so weak. Worked very hard and lost 130 pound and had my knees replaced. Weight came back about 2 years after going back to work in a very stressful job
    I really need to do this to improve my health. Would be good to have some accountability here
  • FastFriend
    FastFriend Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I have been on and off here for many years but pretty regular for the past two years. I have lost 140-145 but need to lose about 80 more. I would love to hear from any of you with what is and isn’t working. I have gone to a Whole Foods diet- fruit, vegetables, lean protein(chicken/fish), whole grains. I do sometimes eat more processed food and refined carbs but as a general rule avoid it. This has drastically reduced my insulin dosages. I have pretty major health issues but have been swimming laps and using a recumbent exercise bike for exercise.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    hello to everyone.. I technically have over 100lbs to lose but I broke it down to smaller amounts to mental fool myself into reaching my REAL goal.
    My first goal is to get to 200lbs
    I have hypothyroidism, sickle cell and anemia
    a mom of 3, wife and i work in healthcare
    if you would like to be friends and hold each other accountable feel free to add me:)
  • Rdy4changes
    Rdy4changes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, I just restarted my journey and I am disabled. One of my goals as well, is to walk 1-2 intentional miles a week. I am active few times a day now, switched back from being on Lose it for last year. I have a goal of 158lbs, and am breaking it into mule stones. Feel free to ad me :) good luck on your amazing journey
  • jocarter3
    jocarter3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im very new here... only 3 days in. I work in kg so am guestimating lb but am pretty sure i need to lose at least 100lb.
    I just wanted to ask what an 'intentional mile' that everyone is talking about is?