Snacks

Options
Jenniferkcooper3
Jenniferkcooper3 Posts: 7 Member
What are some low calorie snacks that can keep you full or hold you over until like supper time?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Satiety is individual. What would hold someone over might last 5 minutes in someone else. Experiment with different things like string cheese, jerky, crackers etc. Personally I eat heavy meals and don't snack between.
  • Jenniferkcooper3
    Jenniferkcooper3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Satiety is individual. What would hold someone over might last 5 minutes in someone else. Experiment with different things like string cheese, jerky, crackers etc. Personally I eat heavy meals and don't snack between.

Ok sorry I’m just started out asking questions
  • ryanfe3112
    ryanfe3112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What are some low calorie snacks that can keep you full or hold you over until like supper time?

I like high protein snacks to leave me full for longer so tend to go for boiled egg or grilled chicken as my snacks,
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

Ok sorry I’m just started out asking questions

What are you apologizing for? I answered the question. 🤷‍♀️
  • MissRevamp
    MissRevamp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, hard boiled egg, apple with peanut butter, protein shake, bunch of raw veggies and dip made with light sour cream, protein bar, cheese, 70 cal tuna pouch.
  • kajokl
    kajokl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    humus with carrots, frozen banana ice cream
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I like fruit, especially during the summer, but sometimes I switch it up with a more protein-heavy snack like tortilla chips with bean dip or roasted edamame or with a sweet like homemade fudgsicles or sweet potato muffins.

Don't know if it's useful or not, but I try to do about half of a usual meal's worth of calories for my daily snacks. So, since my meal's are typically ~500 calories, I eat ~250 calories of snacks throughout the day. Since I focus pretty heavily on protein with my meals, it's nice to have some calories set aside for whatever less nutrient-dense option I'm wanting that day :)
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    Another great dip for veggies is plain nonfat Greek yogurt with a bit of hidden valley ranch powder mixed in, if you thin it a bit it makes a great dressing too.
  • Ska_fan2021
    Ska_fan2021 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chocolate topped rice cakes or lentil chips
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I have only snacked on hard boiled eggs, raw vegetables and hummus for the past several years.

I figure if those things don't sound appetizing, then I'm not legitimately hungry. If I really actually *need* food, then a hard boiled egg or two is tremendously satisfying and filling.
  • Flo131LB
    Flo131LB Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »

Don't know if it's useful or not, but I try to do about half of a usual meal's worth of calories for my daily snacks. So, since my meal's are typically ~500 calories, I eat ~250 calories of snacks throughout the day. Since I focus pretty heavily on protein with my meals, it's nice to have some calories set aside for whatever less nutrient-dense option I'm wanting that day :)

I do the same - I make sure that every day, I have at least 200 calories for my snacks and eat whatever, I fancy - my favourite is making half a Bounty (uk chocolate and coconut) protein shake and freezing it, in a cup - it tastes great and takes so long to eat it, as it’s frozen..74 calories