Low Protein Diet

Options
Hi I'm Sharon, new to the community, I'm dealing with a low protein diet, not supposed to have over 55 gms a day, also a dieabetic, sure makes this confusing. Any of you out there on a low protein diet.

Replies

• mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon -- I am also focused on low carb under 25g of carbs per day. It's tough, especially planning through the day because carbs are so convenient. What challenges are you having?
  • cajmanthei
    cajmanthei Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat a high carb, low protein diet. This just works best for me and I find I lose weight more easily on this. I can't find many others who follow a diet like that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Odd if your protein is lower than carbs and diabetic. Sure it's not reversed?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • NuMe_2022
    NuMe_2022 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have Type 2 Diabetes and I eat a total of 60-75 grams of protein per day. As for as my carbs 75-120 grams per day. What has really helped me is following the Plate Method in which I have a protien, carb and a vegetable for each meal. You don't have to consume protien power you can get lean protien from eggs, chicken, fish, turkey, 90% lean beef, pork loin, sirlion or tenderloin.
  • NuMe_2022
    NuMe_2022 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Odd if your protein is lower than carbs and diabetic. Sure it's not reversed?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

No disrespect but I do wish you personal trainer and nutrition coaches would educate yourself more about diabetes health.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Original post is from 2018 and the author hasn’t logged in since then 🤷‍♀️