Too quick adaptation?

Options
Hey ppl
I changed my workout routine last Monday night. Yesterday even my armpits were sore (Flying machine was the culprit), but today, almost 48h after the 1st session, most exercises felt easy. Some of them were so easy I had to raise charges in about 5lbs. Is that normal? I ask that because on Monday I felt like I'd die doing the same exercises and 48h doesn't seem to be time enough to gain muscle Oo'...
Tagged:

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,721 Member
    Options
    Strength gain precedes muscle-mass gain, when you start out. Strength gain can be pretty rapid, at first. It's from "neuromuscular adaptation" - better recruiting and using muscle fibers you already have.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes it's normal when trying something new.
    No it's not muscle gain.
  • francisolorunfunmi
    francisolorunfunmi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Your armpit shouldn’t be sore, I’d be worried you were doing the exercise wrong. Would be like having your back of knees sore
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,721 Member
    Options
    Your armpit shouldn’t be sore, I’d be worried you were doing the exercise wrong. Would be like having your back of knees sore

Unless "armpit" is to be interpreted as a nontechnical reference to latissimus dorsi, which could well be sore.
  • Lynxes602
    Lynxes602 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I suggest lower weight/ more reps for ppl changing or starting new routines. Also, slow down the motion, I see a lot of people doing the motion but not concentrating on what muscle group they are targeting. Diet is also a big one, eat well and look at amino acids in supp. They help muscle aches.