New to This Thread

Options
Hi everyone. I just found this thread thanks to a recommendation by a friend. I am 75. Have been on every diet known to man and ended up weighing more afterwards each time until I got to the point where the doctor labeled me as "morbidly obese". It's imperative that I get the weight off if I want to live a few more years (and I do). 5' 6" and SW 270. Have been on a high protein-low carb diet (not KETO or PALEO) for a year along with practicing INTERMITTENT FASTING and have lost 50 pounds. My goal is to lose an even 100 down to GW 170. I don't think when you're older it's good to get too thin (as if that could ever happen to me... lol)

I went on 2 vacations last month, put back on a few pounds and I find I've been hungrier than usual lately and having a hard time getting back into my groove. I usually only eat one meal a day so I'm going to try real hard to do that today. (If I eat 2 meals, I actually gain weight.)

I'm looking forward to coming here and supporting others as well as getting a little support myself. I'm glad there's a thread like this.

Replies

• BillieJGirl17
    BillieJGirl17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb. I will be 60 this year and have struggled with my weight for years. This is my return to MyFitnessPal and I am determined to make some changes. I could use some friends to encourage and console when needed. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request
  • jarchamb1
    jarchamb1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this thread. I am 70 years old and need to lose a lot of weight. I'm striving to get to my goal weight of 150 for now. I have been doing Keto for one month and have lost 21 lbs so far. This week was the least amount I have lost since starting my weight loss journey. I lost 1 lb this week. I am grateful for the 21 lb loss and already feel better. My past weight loss journies have been I would lose 20 to 30 lbs and then I would come to a standstill and remain there. This has become a fear once again for me. I have remained on the plan faithfully. I am hoping and praying that I can get past this fear and continue on with my journey. I need to continue for my health issues of being borderline diabetic and am already taking meds for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Anyway, came here for support, prayers and encouragement to keep me positive about continuing my journey and to support and encourage others too.