Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Intermittent Fasting

kiki_0_4
kiki_0_4 Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
What's the optimal time of day to start your fast?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Just after you finish eating?

There is no optimal for everybody and every different kind of fasting.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,289 Member
    Optimal for....what, exactly?
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Whenever I feel like it. I change it around pretty much every day.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Optimal for....what, exactly?

That is what literally went through my mind 😆
  • sophieboase3
    sophieboase3 Posts: 3 Member
    I fast from sunrise to sunset. It suits me as I can eat just before I go to bed. I try to only have 1000 calories on fast days so eat a breakfast just before sunrise and have an egg sandwich just after sunset. I fast on Mondays and Thursdays as is traditional in Islam but I think you have to work out whats best for you, there are lots of options.
  • kiki_0_4
    Optimal for weight loss. Fasting from 7pm to 11am the next day, or is there a 'better time' to fast? Have you experienced better results (as in weight loss) fasting 24hrs?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    kiki_0_4 wrote: »
    Optimal for weight loss. Fasting from 7pm to 11am the next day, or is there a 'better time' to fast? Have you experienced better results (as in weight loss) fasting 24hrs?

IF is a tool to help you stay in your calorie deficit....which is how you lose weight. Eat/fast when you want.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,727 Member
    Many people find it beneficial to do a 16 hour fast by just skipping breakfast and not snacking in the evening. If you tend to b e an evening anacker while you watch TV or whatnot, it will most likely help you cut at least some calories.
  • kiki_0_4
    Thank you to everyone that provided comments & suggestions!!